PDA

View Full Version : Where do you guys find such great deals?

Green22
01-01-2012, 10:25 PM
I feel like I always see fantastic deals on this board - where do you look for this stuff?

I look at slickdeals every now and then but it never fails that the one or two things I am interested in are long since gone/sold out. Are there other places to check out?

TY!

veronica
01-01-2012, 10:29 PM
for me I see deals as a two part process;

you are either a seeker or follower. you can waver between the two, depending on season or item desired.

I am on three different boards and am a member on SD, I hunt and gather deals from all of those, but rarely "find/share" my own deal.

finding your very own deal can be tough and is usually a result of "seeker" behavior. For example, you need a TV, you look for the best deal possible and can stumble on something stellar. Same for any small item; need rainboots for the kids, you start to look around and boom "find some for $3 bucks on clerance somewhere and then share the your findings.

ETA: most board deals are "shared" . I tend to read about the same ones on each of the boards I visit. I'd be hardpressed to identify the source of the original deal!

star04
01-01-2012, 10:39 PM
I only found the Amazon Nalgene bottle deal because it was already in my cart. I will add things to my cart (or actually "save for later") that I am interested in or plan on buying anyways. A coupon times a day, I will check my cart to see if any prices have changed and are at a good price to buy. Sometimes, it is good to check camelcamelcamel.com for Amazon prices.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
01-02-2012, 02:15 AM
E-mail mailing list for places you like to shop at are a good source of deals, too. Sometimes you get promo codes for being subscriber, or a FB fan.

Jo..
01-02-2012, 09:18 AM
for me I see deals as a two part process;

you are either a seeker or follower. you can waver between the two, depending on season or item desired.

I am on three different boards and am a member on SD, I hunt and gather deals from all of those, but rarely "find/share" my own deal.

finding your very own deal can be tough and is usually a result of "seeker" behavior. For example, you need a TV, you look for the best deal possible and can stumble on something stellar. Same for any small item; need rainboots for the kids, you start to look around and boom "find some for $3 bucks on clerance somewhere and then share the your findings.

ETA: most board deals are "shared" . I tend to read about the same ones on each of the boards I visit. I'd be hardpressed to identify the source of the original deal!

She said it perfectly. I usually share deals I find elsewhere (95% of the time).

5% of the time, I am looking for a deal on something I need or want, find a good one, and share it here.

Seitvonzu
01-02-2012, 09:53 AM
you can also be a constant shopper ;) when i'm out in the world alot-- i tend to find lots of deals. that's when i used to get the best target stuff (or barnes and noble, or random better grocery store that sells toys deal,etc)--when i was there CONSTANTLY. of course, this also means you bring lots of stuff into your home-- not *always* a good thing! (plus you spend lots of time doing this!)

lucybabymamma
01-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Yup, other deal websites (LOVE this one) and email lists -- have an alternate email, where I get all sorts of daily promotions from various stores and daily deal websites (groupon, living social, plum district, etc). I peruse the subject lines quickly in the morning and throughout the day. After awhile, you can kind of spot an unusually good deal.
But sometimes it's just luck and your interests! Last year, when I was looking for a dress for myself, I found such a good deal I bought a whole bunch and resold them on ebay:)

hellokitty
01-02-2012, 10:53 AM
E-mail mailing list for places you like to shop at are a good source of deals, too. Sometimes you get promo codes for being subscriber, or a FB fan.

:yeahthat: I also subscribe to some couponing blogs and they consistently post their deals on their facebook feed. Also, some stores have things like daily specials, etc.. So, once you figure out when/what those are, you can scout out some good deals that way too.