PDA

View Full Version : Take him to the party?

crl
01-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Neighborhood kid is having his birthday party at a nearby bowling alley. DS was sick last night--fever, sore throat, headache. He feels much better this morning.

Usually I would say he has to stay home to avoid spreading the germs. But all the guests are neighborhood kids. They all spent NYE together crammed together on a sofa and have been playing together outside all break. Ds was outside playing with them yesterday until he felt sick mid-afternoon. So, it seems to me like he most likely got it from one of them and like they have all already been exposed.

Of course, there are still the other bowling alley patrons to consider. . . .

WWYD?
Catherine

SnuggleBuggles
01-02-2012, 11:04 AM
How high of a fever? If it was less than 101, I would probably do it. Like you said, they were already exposed to each other. He likely won't interact with other patrons either.

pinkmomagain
01-02-2012, 11:05 AM
I would keep him home. Regardless of infecting others (which is a priority for me), his immune system is not at it's best right now (he had a fever last night) and you could be exposing him to other things (ie. dreaded stomach virus!)...especially sharing bowling balls.

crl
01-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Thanks you all. He was pushing for an answer so I told him no. I don't know what his temp was last night, but he was miserable and refused to eat even though it was a favorite dinner and a special desert. I decided that he should rest because I want him to be well enough to go back to school tomorrow.

Catherine

Beth24
01-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Thanks you all. He was pushing for an answer so I told him no. I don't know what his temp was last night, but he was miserable and refused to eat even though it was a favorite dinner and a special desert. I decided that he should rest because I want him to be well enough to go back to school tomorrow.

Catherine

I think thats the smart choice...more for him than the other kids!