PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay in Wash DC?

sunshine873
01-02-2012, 12:12 PM
We are talking about driving to DC for a few days of sightseeing. It'll be me, DH, DD (almost 3 yo) & our 21 yo niece. Bonus points for something that's dog friendly...Any suggestions on where to stay?

ETA - Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I jumped to quickly. No sooner did I write this than I hear DH talking about staying on Bolling AFB. So, I guess that problem is solved...now, what to do with the dogs...

SnuggleBuggles
01-02-2012, 12:39 PM
We stayed at the Hotel Palomar in Dupont Circle. It is dog friendly. Problem was, walls were paper thin and we wound up next to really loud neighbors. We actually switched rooms after night 1 because that was an adjacent room- so even thinner walls. Night 2, room was smaller but at the end of the hall, less chance of loud people. Then our across the hall neighbors started welcoming guests to their party, door propped open and all. The hotel has a "no party" policy and they did send security up (multiple times). End of the story is that I wouldn't recommend it unless you are all really sound sleepers. Parking was pricey too.

My favorite hotel is actually in Arlington, at the Courthouse Metro station. I dont know if if is dog friendly but it was a nice place to come back to at the end of the day. Movie theater, metro, restaurants, drug store...all in walking distance. It's the Hilton Garden Inn. Good price point, easy parking (no valets to deal with) and chocolate chip cookies, free coffee and apples in the lobby.