PDA

View Full Version : More q's about MA vs Blvd

NCGrandma
01-02-2012, 02:57 PM
As planned, I talked with my family over the holidays about convertibles for DGD2 whenever she outgrows her Chaperone so I can be on the lookout for bargains. We narrowed it down to either the MA70 or Blvd70 (NOT CS...), so I have a few more questions.

Installation/fit: since the Chaperone fits OK in both their cars (Toyota Matrix and Mazda5), I assume there should be no problem with either one. True? Any fit/installation-related reason to choose MA or Blvd?

Features: looks to me like the main difference is the extra headwing/padding on the Blvd. Any other major differences between the two?

Price: what's a good price? MA lists for $290, Blvd for $320, but I want to find bargains since I'll be buying 2 seats. The cover pattern doesn't matter much (although they do NOT want cowmoo :wink2:) so if patterns are sometimes marked down when discontinued, that would be great.

Thanks!

legaleagle
01-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Installation/fit: since the Chaperone fits OK in both their cars (Toyota Matrix and Mazda5), I assume there should be no problem with either one. True? Any fit/installation-related reason to choose MA or Blvd?

The shell is exactly the same (as it is for all the new generation britax convertibles), so they install the same. We have a mazda5 and it installs like a dream in both the second and third rows, and leaves tons of room for the front row. Should install great in the matrix too, britax tends to install well in just about every car. Definitely will take up less room than the chaperone, which is huge!

Features: looks to me like the main difference is the extra headwing/padding on the Blvd. Any other major differences between the two?

Nope, that's it.

Price: what's a good price? MA lists for $290, Blvd for $320, but I want to find bargains since I'll be buying 2 seats. The cover pattern doesn't matter much (although they do NOT want cowmoo :wink2:) so if patterns are sometimes marked down when discontinued, that would be great.
[/QUOTE]

Definitely can get for much cheaper than that, it's routine to find britax on sale for 25-30% off and of course, you can occasionally get one for less. Traditionally they have a big sale in February, not sure if that's true anymore.

Personally, since I don't ever plan to use much/ever as a ff'ing seat (since we rearface until 3+ and I have kids to hand it down to), I think the marathon is better since rf'ing provides such a huge side impact advantage and I find it hard to maneuver my kids in around the wings of the blvd. Plenty of people prefer the blvd though, they're both good choices!

trcy
01-02-2012, 06:00 PM
I just ordered a Blvd yesterday so I can't answer your intallation question. But this was the best deal I could find.
http://www.albeebaby.com/britax-boulevard-convertible-car-seats.html
Looks like they have MA on special as well
http://www.albeebaby.com/britax-marathon-convertible-car-seats.html
I believe the difference between the two is the headwings
http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/fit-my-child/compare.aspx?ID=33,34&f=d

lorinick
01-02-2012, 06:01 PM
They are the same size and will take up the same amount of space. They will take up less space than your current infant seat. Britax is easy to install. You are correct the only difference between the seats are the head wings. Love the wings....

You can usually always find deals.