PDA

View Full Version : Another car ? Anyone have an Infiniti QX56?

smilequeen
01-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Any major likes or dislikes?

I need a bigger SUV. I am done driving a minivan. I am wanting something more luxurious and more fun to drive. I'm not quite ready to go as big as say a Suburban/YukonXL/Escalade ESV.

So I know I'm going to be giving up some cargo space compared to the minivan. I can put half the third row down as needed.

I think this one seems to have the most space/cargo area of the main cars I was looking at and is fun to drive (comparing to Lexus LX, Mercedes GL, Cadillac Escalade reg length).

So, do you love it? Hate it? Wish you had something else? I'm especially curious if you have more than 2 children.

erosenst
01-02-2012, 08:57 PM
DH had one a few years ago. He's always had relatively big cars/SUV (had an Explorer before it)- but that was a really big car. He's since downsized (to an Acura MDX). The 'really big' was felt in gas consumption, parking spaces, etc. I also didn't really like driving it - and I was driving a Toyota Sienna (not small!) at the time.

Oh- one more thing - it's really high. Not an issue if you're tall, but at 5' 5" I couldn't easily lift DD in as either an infant or toddler - it was just too high. Fortunately, it had a running board - so I could get in the front seat without too much effort.

We only have one DD though, so don't need to seat a lot of people.

HTH -

MSWR0319
01-02-2012, 09:18 PM
We've had ours for over a year and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I will never go back to driving anything else. We only have one right now, but another DC on the way, so I'm no help two or more kids. I do think it would be ok for three + especially if you don't get the console in the middle row. It definitely has the best cargo space for a vehicle this size. We looked at everything and nothing compared. The leg room in the third row is unbelievable. I am 5'10" and could sit back there quite awhile comfortably. I love that the third row folds flat in two separate parts. This vehicle is also fun to drive I think. I'm not big on driving big vehicles, but I have no problems with this one. Parking wasn't a big issue. Sometimes you can't fit into a spot if people aren't parked rig on either side, but then I just find another spot. No big deal. Gas mileage isn't any worse than any other SUV. We had a Yukon before and the QX drives so.much.smoother. You literally feel like you're in a car compared to the "truck" feeling of a Yukon or other SUV. It's got very comfortable seats. Every time DH drives he can't get over how comfortable it is. The little "luxuries" of it make it feel really nice too. Can you tell I love it? I really have nothing bad to say about it. I you have any specific questions let me know.

smilequeen
01-03-2012, 02:07 PM

I am pretty tall and when we looked at it I had an easy time with access. I need to go drive it while the big guys are in school.