PDA

View Full Version : How ridiculous would it be to mail these cards?

ciw
01-03-2012, 01:40 AM
So I ordered holiday cards online this year from Cardstore.com. Most of the cards were sent directly from Cardstore.com to the recipients and those cards all arrived (at least as far as I know) the week before Christmas. But I also ordered a package of cards to be sent to me and I intended to mail them out. Unfortunately, something screwy happened with my order and the postal service and my cards bounced all over the country before finally reaching my doorstep. Most of those cards were intended for immediate family and it wasn't too big of a deal that they received them late. But I also send cards to two former work colleagues each year. I had wanted to handwrite a note on each of those cards which is why I didn't have them mailed directly from Cardstore.com. So the cards finally reached me on Friday and now I have the cards written and ready to mail. But now I feel a bit ridiculous sending them. I should have just bought a generic holiday card and sent that when it became apparent that my order was delayed. But....I didn't. So what would you do? I mainly stay in touch with these colleagues through holiday cards -- perhaps an email or two through the year -- and I don't want to drop off that tradition.

Don't know if it matters but the cards are holiday cards, not Christmas cards. But they do read "Happy Holidays" and of course all the holidays are now over.

Thoughts?

buddyleebaby
01-03-2012, 01:46 AM
It's still technically Christmas. You have until Friday.

Either way, I don't think it's ridiculous. Even if the recipients do not celebrate Christmas, and their Holiday is past...I think the thought is appreciated. Better late than never.

elephantmeg
01-03-2012, 01:47 AM
I would send them without hesitation!

ciw
01-03-2012, 01:55 AM
Thanks, ladies. That makes me feel a little better.

Melaine
01-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Yes, definitely. I still have some to give out.

Momit
01-03-2012, 08:00 AM
Send them! This week still seems like the holiday season to me. We had a few cards in Saturday's mail and I bet we'll get a few more this week.

TwinFoxes
01-03-2012, 08:01 AM
I'm happy to get cards even if they're late. :)

hillview
01-03-2012, 08:58 AM
I just sent one today -- send them!

Giantbear
01-03-2012, 10:24 AM
we send out New Year's cards, they should arrive at the house today and won't be sent out until the weekend. If anyone complains about their timing, i will simply remove them from the list for next year

plusbellelavie
01-03-2012, 10:31 AM
I would say send them...everyone knows how busy the holiday season can get and I bet they would appreciate getting one rather then not getting one!

momm
01-03-2012, 10:37 AM
I would send them, too

It's the thought that counts, really.

pb&j
01-03-2012, 11:15 AM
I have coworkers in Eastern Europe - they haven't done Christmas yet! They do Orthodox Christmas on Jan 7. :)

I, for one, would love to receive a holiday card, no matter what time of year. :)

daisymommy
01-03-2012, 11:22 AM
I never got around to sending out Christmas cards. But I took some adorable Christmas day photos of my kids, and I'm sending out some "Happy New Years" cards to family and friends. Everyone who knows me will know it's sort of done with a chuckle, and a nod to being overwhelmed and late :)

WatchingThemGrow
01-03-2012, 11:58 AM
I've got about 40 still left to send. Hoping to get to them once we unpack from our trip!

ciw
01-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Thanks, everyone. I mailed them this morning.

mackmama
01-03-2012, 11:10 PM
I'd send them. There was a mixup with our holiday card order, so no one received our order until 2 days ago. Annoying, but I'm still glad they went out.