PDA

View Full Version : Recc's for maternity support stockings?

daisymommy
01-03-2012, 02:05 PM
I've always had vericose veins, but now they are terrible, and if I'm on my feet for a few hours, or legs hanging down, my lower legs swell up like sausages and it get red/purple splotches all over like someone beat me with a baseball bat! It's awful looking!

I need to get some support stockings, but would like some recc's if possible. I'm crossing my fingers I can wear knee highs, as my stomach is so sensitive that even my underwear and maternity jeans are killing me lately. I can't imagine adding another layer.

amldaley
01-03-2012, 02:58 PM
I've always had vericose veins, but now they are terrible, and if I'm on my feet for a few hours, or legs hanging down, my lower legs swell up like sausages and it get red/purple splotches all over like someone beat me with a baseball bat! It's awful looking!

I need to get some support stockings, but would like some recc's if possible. I'm crossing my fingers I can wear knee highs, as my stomach is so sensitive that even my underwear and maternity jeans are killing me lately. I can't imagine adding another layer.

I will be watching as I need some, too.

I can tell you that the maternity spanx hose are SUPER COMFORTABLE. I was surpirsed how comfy they were and easy to breathe and move in. They are not support hose, though.

daisymommy
01-03-2012, 03:07 PM
I just found some called Preggers that seem to be on nearly every website for maternity hose, so I may try a pair.

sntm
01-03-2012, 09:45 PM
You can get cheap support knee highs at any medical supply shop and insurance will pay with a prescription. When I was a resident, I used the Ted hose we stocked in the icu complete with open toe for checking pulses :)

MamaSnoo
01-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Our walgreens has the cheap medical ones too. I had some last time, and I will be needing to pull them out again soon. They help a lot. I would not pay extra for something marketed to pregnant ladies in this case.

amldaley
01-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Our walgreens has the cheap medical ones too. I had some last time, and I will be needing to pull them out again soon. They help a lot. I would not pay extra for something marketed to pregnant ladies in this case.

GOOD POINT. Seriously....I had to get diabetic socks last time as my feet were HUGE. The maternity socks were $14 pair. The EXACT SAME SOCKS, with a different label, were $6 pair at Walmart.