PDA

View Full Version : Diapers 20% off at nobetterdeal.com (Update- horrible customer service)

AngB
01-03-2012, 03:42 PM
I have ordered from this site multiple times and it has always been great, even "open box" diapers have still been sealed in plastic wrap from the manufacturer in my experience. Their prices with codes are generally better than amazon, even with 3.95 shipping, if you can find the diapers you need. http://www.nobetterdeal.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/BrowseCatalog.vm&ctl_nbr=4057&path=c4057xdefxusdx22222%23%23-1%23%23-1~~c4057xdefxusdx48604%23%231%23%232~~c4057xdefxus dx48605%23%230%23%23a~~nc4057xdefxusdx59481%23%230 %23%232h&query=

Anyway, the 20% off code is 2012DIAPER and it's good through Jan.6th and for multiple uses.

Updated: So they shipped me the wrong diapers (I believe intentionally hoping I wouldn't notice the difference, since they suddenly didn't have the diapers I ordered in stock. If they had simply sent the wrong diapers, they should have the correct diapers in stock as I emailed them immediately.) Then they refused to do absolutely anything to fix their mistake other than send UPS to pick them up and give me a refund. They had a box of the exact same order of diapers that I ordered listed for sale on their website but for $2 more because the box was not damaged. Even though it was their mistake and they easily could have just sent the correct diapers to not be jerks, they are saying they can't exchange them. (And they also won't let me rebuy them for the higher price with a 20% off code as "the diaper sale has ended".)

Kaylee31
01-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Thanks for posting! I have bought diapers from them before, and was hoping for another promo code. I got a 160 ct. box of Earth's Best newborn diapers for $30.xx shipped.

crunchy
01-03-2012, 04:39 PM
It's also working on car seats and toys at the moment (maybe other depts too, but that's all I had in my cart). Not expecting that to last.

ourbabygirl
01-03-2012, 05:12 PM
Thanks so much! I ordered a pair for DS in the next size up, and saved about $5 over Amazon's S&S! :cheerleader1:

nellonello
01-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Thanks. DD needs more pull-ups and found Leapster Explorers for my twin nephews who are almost 3.

Minnifer
01-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Thanks OP! Got 2 cases of size 3 Pampers Sensitive for $30 each, compared to the $44 I usually pay on Diapers.com :cheerleader1: . Now, just hoping DS doesn't outgrow them before we use them up, lol.

sujathas
01-03-2012, 08:38 PM
I never heard of this website before, but the prices are outstanding!! (At least as compared to amazon mom/subscribe and save). For instance, at Amazon I get the Pampers sensitive diapers in size 1 for $38 (for 192 diapers). On this site, with the 20% discount code, the same thing comes to $25 after the 20% discount code is used. Even with $4 shipping, it is only $29. A savings of $9. Pullups have a similar $10-$13 savings per box. THANK YOU OP!

Question: How often do these 20% coupons come? Or do I need to stock up now?

AngB
01-03-2012, 11:52 PM
I have been buying from the site for only the past 6 months or so (really hoping for a good deal on a stroller soon- they've had the same 7 strollers forever it seems-). They do coupon codes approximately every month or two, it seems like. They sometimes are only 10%, 15%, or free shipping, though. (Like them on FB, that's generally where they post it.)

ourbabygirl
01-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Stopping back to ask if if the shipping price is per item or per order? I ordered one box of diapers but should have ordered at least one more... not that it matters after the fact, but I may add more on to my order if the $4 shipping is per order instead of per item.

sujathas
01-04-2012, 12:47 AM
Stopping back to ask if if the shipping price is per item or per order? I ordered one box of diapers but should have ordered at least one more... not that it matters after the fact, but I may add more on to my order if the $4 shipping is per order instead of per item.

Shipping is $4 per item, not per order.

MSWR0319
01-04-2012, 08:49 AM
What's a good price for nighttime pull ups? I've been putting DS in Overnight diapers, but I don't think he needs them anymore since he's potty trained during the day. Just not sure what a good price is.

daisyd
01-04-2012, 10:39 AM
What's a good price for nighttime pull ups? I've been putting DS in Overnight diapers, but I don't think he needs them anymore since he's potty trained during the day. Just not sure what a good price is.

I'm in the same situation myself. I currently buy Overnight diapers from amazon at 29 cents a piece. Is this better? Thanks.

sujathas
01-04-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm in the same situation myself. I currently buy Overnight diapers from amazon at 29 cents a piece. Is this better? Thanks.

I buy pull-ups in size 4T-5T for my mostly potty-trained 3yo boy to use overnight and during naps.

I bought them on this site for just 0.28 cents per pull-up. (I paid $47 including shipping for 168 of them).

On amazon.com with subscribe and save/amazon mom (where I usually buy), it comes to 0.45 cents each. (I pay $76 including shipping for 168 of them).

That's a $30 savings on the pack of 168!! Impressive. Only problem is that they don't have a large inventory-- I was only able to buy One pack of 168 pull-ups yesterday-- they didn't have anymore to buy.

nellonello
01-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Bummer..My girls 2T-3T pull-ups were cancelled. Nice email from CS though. Wonder what that will do to the 20% off toys I also bought.

AngB
01-04-2012, 02:33 PM
They do add stuff daily to the website and posted on FB that they may be adding more diapers so you may want to keep an eye out. I've found that they usually add stuff around noon.

But yeah, the limited selection is one of the drawbacks of the site, though they do get a lot of good deals.

(They've also posted on FB that January is one of their highest inventory months.)

daniele_ut
01-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Thank you for sharing! I just ordered a box of 234 size 1 diapers and it came out to 0.12 a diaper. Diapers.com has the same diapers for 0.19 each.

AngB
01-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Bummer news for me, they sent me Pampers size 3 Baby Dry diapers instead of Pampers Swaddler Sensitive size 3...difference in price and DS gets a rash with anything but the sensitive. I hope they still have some left so they can fix it, I'm going to be really bummed if I just have to get a refund.

Guess I'm going to get to test out their CS.

AngB
01-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Updated: So they shipped me the wrong diapers (I believe intentionally hoping I wouldn't notice the difference, since they suddenly didn't have the diapers I ordered in stock. If they had simply sent the wrong diapers, they should have the correct diapers in stock as I emailed them immediately.) Then they refused to do absolutely anything to fix their mistake other than send UPS to pick them up and give me a refund. (And they acted like sending UPS to pick them up is being very helpful.)They had a box of the exact same order of diapers that I ordered listed for sale on their website currently but for $2 more because the box was not damaged. Even though it was their mistake and they easily could have just sent the correct diapers to not be jerks, they are saying they can't exchange them. (And they also won't let me rebuy them for the higher price with a 20% off code as "the diaper sale has ended".) So looks like I'm done with this website.

I hope everyone else gets their correct orders. Check carefully. (If you ordered Pampers Swaddlers sensitive size 3, you *shouldn't* be getting them, as they are saying they were incorrectly listed. They are saying it wasn't a bait and switch but that they were listed wrong to begin with, so they should be wrong if anyone else ordered them too.)

After I gave them a lot of crap, they offered to let me buy the diapers that they have in stock that are $2 more for a "new" box and give me a 20% discount on it.

This was my email back:

If you had made this offer from the beginning, I probably would have taken you up on it and been relatively satisfied. But since you stated "the 20% diaper discount deal has ended" in your initial responses, I did not believe that was an option. I had to threaten to post about my experience to even get this offer. Since taking you up on this offer means having to trust that you will actually send the correct diapers this time and that you will give me the discount you are promising, I will pass.

You have made it clear that $2 means much more to you than customer satisfaction, you could have easily fixed this mistake or not made it in the first place by only listing diapers you actually had in stock and not being deceptive by trying to replace it with a similar product. It's funny how you attempted to replace what I ordered with a less valuable product and hoped I wouldn't notice, and here you had the opportunity to resolve the issue by replacing it with (in your eyes) a $2 more valuable product that you had in stock (unless you are going to pull a bait and switch with that too). I would argue that the condition of the box does not justify a $2 price difference- the diapers that are inside the box are exactly the same. You could have sent the diapers I ordered with diapers you had in stock, and ate the $2 price difference for the mistake that you made, but refused to do so. I will buy diapers somewhere else and encourage others to do the same.

ckso
01-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Updated: So they shipped me the wrong diapers (I believe intentionally hoping I wouldn't notice the difference, since they suddenly didn't have the diapers I ordered in stock. If they had simply sent the wrong diapers, they should have the correct diapers in stock as I emailed them immediately.) Then they refused to do absolutely anything to fix their mistake other than send UPS to pick them up and give me a refund. (And they acted like sending UPS to pick them up is being very helpful.)They had a box of the exact same order of diapers that I ordered listed for sale on their website currently but for $2 more because the box was not damaged. Even though it was their mistake and they easily could have just sent the correct diapers to not be jerks, they are saying they can't exchange them. (And they also won't let me rebuy them for the higher price with a 20% off code as "the diaper sale has ended".) So looks like I'm done with this website.

I hope everyone else gets their correct orders. Check carefully. (If you ordered Pampers Swaddlers sensitive size 3, you *shouldn't* be getting them, as they are saying they were incorrectly listed. They are saying it wasn't a bait and switch but that they were listed wrong to begin with, so they should be wrong if anyone else ordered them too.)

After I gave them a lot of crap, they offered to let me buy the diapers that they have in stock that are $2 more for a "new" box and give me a 20% discount on it.

This was my email back:

If you had made this offer from the beginning, I probably would have taken you up on it and been relatively satisfied. But since you stated "the 20% diaper discount deal has ended" in your initial responses, I did not believe that was an option. I had to threaten to post about my experience to even get this offer. Since taking you up on this offer means having to trust that you will actually send the correct diapers this time and that you will give me the discount you are promising, I will pass.

You have made it clear that $2 means much more to you than customer satisfaction, you could have easily fixed this mistake or not made it in the first place by only listing diapers you actually had in stock and not being deceptive by trying to replace it with a similar product. It's funny how you attempted to replace what I ordered with a less valuable product and hoped I wouldn't notice, and here you had the opportunity to resolve the issue by replacing it with (in your eyes) a $2 more valuable product that you had in stock (unless you are going to pull a bait and switch with that too). I would argue that the condition of the box does not justify a $2 price difference- the diapers that are inside the box are exactly the same. You could have sent the diapers I ordered with diapers you had in stock, and ate the $2 price difference for the mistake that you made, but refused to do so. I will buy diapers somewhere else and encourage others to do the same.

Thanks for the update. The aggregation isn't worth the discount and I would definitely not buy from them

glbb35
01-09-2012, 04:45 PM
So glad to see these posts. Sorry that it happened to someone else also though. I received my order in today and was happy it came in so early. To my surprise I also had one wrong size sent to me. I had ordered the size 4 in the Seventh Generation and when I got them they are size 2. The other diapers I ordered are size 2 also but that is correct. I am bummed since I needed the 4's for the twins and the baby is just getting into his 2s. So I will plenty for the baby but still need 4s. After reading the other posts I think I will just live with it and not deal with the hassle. It is still a good deal especially with the discount code, just not what I was needing.

Thanks OP for the original posts and your updates as well. Now I have plenty for the baby and a good deal is alway helpful

any diaper deals out there for size 4's?

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09 and new baby 7/11

Kaylee31
01-09-2012, 04:56 PM
I have ordered from them a few times without any issues. But then I order a 2-pack of 50 count, size 5 huggies slip-ons. I only received one pack from them. So I emailed them about the problem, and asked to be sent a second pack to fulfill my order; or refund 50% of my money since half the order was missing. At the time, they had the same size diapers in stock. They said they would only refund me 20% of the purchase price if I chose to keep the diapers I had; or I could return them for a full refund. Obviously, I chose to return them! I will stick to getting my diapers from Amazon S&S-- I've never had an issue with them.

http://slickdeals.net/f/3801508-140-count-Huggies-Snug-Dry-Diapers-Size-4-25-Free-Shipping

AngB
01-09-2012, 06:16 PM
So glad to see these posts. Sorry that it happened to someone else also though. I received my order in today and was happy it came in so early. To my surprise I also had one wrong size sent to me. I had ordered the size 4 in the Seventh Generation and when I got them they are size 2. The other diapers I ordered are size 2 also but that is correct. I am bummed since I needed the 4's for the twins and the baby is just getting into his 2s. So I will plenty for the baby but still need 4s. After reading the other posts I think I will just live with it and not deal with the hassle. It is still a good deal especially with the discount code, just not what I was needing.

Thanks OP for the original posts and your updates as well. Now I have plenty for the baby and a good deal is alway helpful

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09 and new baby 7/11

I would just make sure that since you paid for the size 4's, that it is the same price as what you would have paid for them in 2's, if you know what I mean...I would not be surprised at all if you paid more for the 4's and they sent you 2's instead- I would try to make them refund you the difference at least if you were overcharged.

AshUVA
01-09-2012, 06:25 PM

Amazon has Huggies size 4 Snug & Dry for $28.60 (that includes the 20% Amazon Mom and S&S discount, they are even cheaper if you have an existing subscription and can get 30% off) plus there's a $2 coupon you can clip so the total is $24.60 which is 17.7 cents per diaper.

Minnifer
01-09-2012, 09:16 PM
I hope everyone else gets their correct orders. Check carefully. (If you ordered Pampers Swaddlers sensitive size 3, you *shouldn't* be getting them, as they are saying they were incorrectly listed. They are saying it wasn't a bait and switch but that they were listed wrong to begin with, so they should be wrong if anyone else ordered them too.) Ugh, sorry you had such a bad experience with them - I hate shoddy customer service! And, I don't want to make you feel worse, but I ordered 2 boxes of Swaddlers sensitive size 3, and that's what I received. I guess I got lucky? I have noticed that with the diaper listings, often the picture shows a box with one size on it, but the description lists a different size. I almost ordered a box of Sensitive 4s yesterday and even w/the shipping and tax it was still cheaper than anywhere else, but I guess I'm glad I never got around to checking out...

AngB
01-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Ugh, sorry you had such a bad experience with them - I hate shoddy customer service! And, I don't want to make you feel worse, but I ordered 2 boxes of Swaddlers sensitive size 3, and that's what I received. I guess I got lucky? I have noticed that with the diaper listings, often the picture shows a box with one size on it, but the description lists a different size. I almost ordered a box of Sensitive 4s yesterday and even w/the shipping and tax it was still cheaper than anywhere else, but I guess I'm glad I never got around to checking out...

Thanks for letting me know actually! That kinda proves my point that it probably wasn't listed incorrectly (my last order with them was for baby dry diapers- i tried them and they don't work for ds, I really really don't think it was just a coincidence that they sent the wrong ones. They hoped I wouldn't notice/care.) Given the complaints others have with them, I think I am going to go ahead and file a better business bureau complaint- just for the record if nothing else- and I will definitely mention that other people who ordered the same thing got the correct order. Was yours the case of 156 and damaged box too?

Minnifer
01-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Was yours the case of 156 and damaged box too?

Yes, I had ordered 2 of the damaged case of 156s (fwiw, both boxes were beat up and one was pretty crushed in the corner, but honestly if I had received them from another vendor I don't think I even would have noticed). I wonder if they have an inventory control issue (like maybe I got the only 2 boxes they had?), but still, sending a totally different diaper (and then giving YOU a hassle about it) is unacceptable!

nrp
01-12-2012, 10:23 PM
I also ordered one box of size 2 Swaddlers Sensitive and two cases of size 3, and I got all of them. Sounds like the CR rep you spoke to was either shady or misinformed.

poohbear
01-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Thanks for letting me know actually! That kinda proves my point that it probably wasn't listed incorrectly (my last order with them was for baby dry diapers- i tried them and they don't work for ds, I really really don't think it was just a coincidence that they sent the wrong ones. They hoped I wouldn't notice/care.) Given the complaints others have with them, I think I am going to go ahead and file a better business bureau complaint- just for the record if nothing else- and I will definitely mention that other people who ordered the same thing got the correct order. Was yours the case of 156 and damaged box too?

Sorry you had a bad experience - my experiences with them have always been positive and I've had quite a few, including twice needing to contact customer service. Everyone who has posted something has stated that they resolved the problem. If you are dissatisfied, you'd be better off contacting a supervisor there than the BBB. I haven't really heard anything bad enough to warrant a BBB complaint (things have to be really bad for the BBB to get involved/take action), though obviously that is your prerogative.

Also, keep in mind, they are a liquidator...

AngB
01-13-2012, 12:55 AM
Sorry you had a bad experience - my experiences with them have always been positive and I've had quite a few, including twice needing to contact customer service. Everyone who has posted something has stated that they resolved the problem. If you are dissatisfied, you'd be better off contacting a supervisor there than the BBB. I haven't really heard anything bad enough to warrant a BBB complaint (things have to be really bad for the BBB to get involved/take action), though obviously that is your prerogative.

Also, keep in mind, they are a liquidator...

Um, did you even read the other responses?

This doesn't sound like "customer satisfaction" to me...

I have ordered from them a few times without any issues. But then I order a 2-pack of 50 count, size 5 huggies slip-ons. I only received one pack from them. So I emailed them about the problem, and asked to be sent a second pack to fulfill my order; or refund 50% of my money since half the order was missing. At the time, they had the same size diapers in stock. They said they would only refund me 20% of the purchase price if I chose to keep the diapers I had; or I could return them for a full refund. Obviously, I chose to return them! I will stick to getting my diapers from Amazon S&S-- I've never had an issue with them

Sounds like you also missed someone posting that they ordered the exact same thing as I did and received the correct item...so much for "incorrectly listed"..try bait and switch.

Yes, I had ordered 2 of the damaged case of 156s (fwiw, both boxes were beat up and one was pretty crushed in the corner, but honestly if I had received them from another vendor I don't think I even would have noticed). I wonder if they have an inventory control issue (like maybe I got the only 2 boxes they had?), but still, sending a totally different diaper (and then giving YOU a hassle about it) is unacceptable!

That being said, I'm not expecting the BBB to do anything as long as I get a prompt refund, but I think the company deserves another black mark on their reputation on file. (They already have a B rating and 20-something complaints.)

Kaylee31
01-13-2012, 02:04 AM
I got an email today that NBD issued my PP refund for the diapers that I returned to them. Turns out they refunded me what the full price would have been, including tax & shipping; and didn't factor in the discount. So they overpaid me by a few dollars. I'm not sure if this was another mistake on their part or not, but I'll consider it my compensation for the inconvenience. FWIW, I don't think they're shady-- they just make occasional mistakes on the warehouse end. So I might order from them again in the future, but the prices would have to be significantly cheaper than anywhere else.
They do have a FB page that is updated regularly. I would try posting any complaints there.