PDA

View Full Version : Keep or return?

twowhat?
01-03-2012, 11:46 PM
TJMaxx during lunch break. Found 3 pieces I think I like but I need honest opinions on whether I should keep/return

First one is a green top (brand Design History?) I thought it would be good to put underneath a blazer for work, or alone for summer.

Second one is a Calvin Klein top. I got it more for the color. I know it's kind of poofy but I think that's the style. I tried it with a belt (LE Canvas).

Third is a tunic sweater (Mary Firenze), of which I don't own any. I LOVE the neckline. I admit I bought it because I thought it looked at least OK and it's made in Italy:) I know that I should probably layer a different color underneath, but that's what I dug out of my closet for now. I tried it with and without the belt...I almost like it better without.

Keepers? Return one or more? And yeah, I realize I probably need to add accessories (necklace or something).

Thanks!

♥ms.pacman♥
01-03-2012, 11:55 PM
first off, I really really really love the 2nd one (red CK top)! I like how it looks with the belt. Also i think i remember you saying something how you wanted more color in your wardrobe? This is perfect, IMO!

I agree with the 3rd...i too love the neckline (i have an Anthro poncho that has that neckline, and i love it).definitely need to layer w/ a different color (something not so grey). i think wearing it with a belt would actually look good, but not so much with the one pictured (maybe a thicker one?)

SnuggleBuggles
01-04-2012, 12:17 AM
keep all. :)

crl
01-04-2012, 01:29 AM
I like the first top best and would definitely keep it. I'm meh on the second top. It is a pretty color. I actually don't like the sweater all that much. I think the neckline is interesting but the overall shape isn't that flattering.

Catherine

mjs64
01-04-2012, 04:23 AM
I like the 1st top.

elektra
01-04-2012, 04:55 AM
I would keep them all. :)
The first top looks especially nice on you. I would not belt the sweater.

goldenpig
01-04-2012, 05:10 AM
What a nice haul! Love all three!

Love the first top! That color is so great on you and the top is so pretty! A must keep!

The second one also looks great--I like the color on you very much. How does it look without a belt? With the silky blouse fabric it seems like it could work well as a loose and flowy tunic as well.

For the third sweater, I love the foldover collar and pattern. But I'm not sure about the layered blue tee. If you want to layer, maybe try a black or plum/eggplant shirt instead? Otherwise maybe try leaving the arms bare. And maybe try a different belt--an obi belt would be great with it. Kinda like this outfit I wore that looks very similar:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-51P8JklzpEY/TsavnA116UI/AAAAAAAAA1Y/04GzQawHEes/s400/P1170387_image.jpg

Nice work on finding items that look good on you, twowhat!

Melaine
01-04-2012, 07:38 AM
I really like them all and love number 2!

arivecchi
01-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Completely agree with goldenpig's comments! :thumbsup:

TwinFoxes
01-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Completely agree with goldenpig's comments! :thumbsup:

:yeahthat: I really like them all, agree about the blue shirt (eggplant is a good idea) and an obi might work better, but I think it's fine without. And what a cute figure you have!!!!

pinkmomagain
01-04-2012, 10:54 AM
I like 1 and 3 the best. 3 without a belt.

twowhat?
01-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Thanks for all the honest opinions. I'm torn about #2 and #3 too - #2 didn't look great without a belt (too billowy and not long enough to really be a tunic, and I prefer no belts at least at this point; with the belt I had to gather it quite a bit in the back and I just don't see easily moving around/getting up and down without constantly adjusting) and I'm not loving the way #3 looks in the pics - as crl said I feel like it looks a litle too shapeless...and I have hips and boobs and it doesn't seem to do a great job defining either of those - maybe it's the pattern that's doing it.

Going to try layering with different colors to see how that works but if I still don't really love it, I think #2 and #3 are going back.

#1 I will definitely keep. It's more jewel-toned than appears in the pic and I don't have anything that color.

Thanks!!