PDA

View Full Version : LE return without receipt?

daisyd
01-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Will LE accept returns without a receipt? I'm in 2 minds about running up to the mall to return the item. I lost the receipt during my move. It's not terribly expensive, but I'd like at least store credit if possible. Thanks!

TwoBees
01-04-2012, 10:47 AM
I'm pretty sure they can look up your order if you can give them the billing/shipping zip code, your name, address, etc. Call cs.

mommylamb
01-04-2012, 10:48 AM
I would be very surprised if they didn't. They might give you a lower price for it if there has been a recent sale, but I bet they'll take it back.

alien_host
01-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Did you buy it on-line or at Sears B&M? Sears has been asking me if I want a receipt e-mailed. I ask for e-mail and a hard copy, that way I have a back up in my e-mail box should I loose it. Is it possible you have a copy of your receipt in your e-mail?

If you did it on-line, you could look up your order number and I think they can return it that way.

If none of the above applies, I'm guessing they will give you the current price in a merchandise credit, but I have not returned w/out a receipt so I can't be sure.

SnuggleBuggles
01-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Were they purchased online? If so, you can print out the email confirmation so they have order numbers and such to reference. I lost one of my receipts for a return recently and I went to my LE account on their website, printed off the order information, sent that and got a full refund.

mariza
01-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Will LE accept returns without a receipt? I'm in 2 minds about running up to the mall to return the item. I lost the receipt during my move. It's not terribly expensive, but I'd like at least store credit if possible. Thanks!

I would call them before you go and get the order number. I have never had a problem doing it this way, the associate will probably have to call the LE desk to confirm but it should work out.

daisyd
01-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Wow, That was quick! I do have the email with order number and even the price. I just hadn't considered it.Thanks so much!

jvs195
01-04-2012, 01:22 PM
They need the order # and the order date (not shipping date) You can print from the site, your email confirmation or call LE when you're at a LE kiosk at Sears. They are very helpful. The tag of the item also has a code that can be looked up if you don't have the packaging. The packaging does have the order # on it too I think, just not the date and they have to type that in.