PDA

View Full Version : Need Help - Maternity/Nursing Bras for Big Busted Mamas!

saraswede
01-04-2012, 12:10 PM
I am 4 months pregnant and already my bra size has gone from a 38DDD to a 38G!!! AHHH!!! I have heard its best to not wear underwire while nursing, and that terrifies me as I have not seen any nursing bra so far in stores that is worthy enough to hold these girls up LOL!! I would love recommendations on bras that have worked for big-busted Mamas!!!

lowrioh
01-04-2012, 12:13 PM
I am 4 months pregnant and already my bra size has gone from a 38DDD to a 38G!!! AHHH!!! I have heard its best to not wear underwire while nursing, and that terrifies me as I have not seen any nursing bra so far in stores that is worthy enough to hold these girls up LOL!! I would love recommendations on bras that have worked for big-busted Mamas!!!

If you live near a Nordstrom's they usually have nursing bras that size in store. I went from a 38DD to a 38G which they had in store. I would only buy one or two for now because you may get bigger as time goes on.
I wore underwire the entire time I was nursing and had no issues.

Mommy_Mea
01-04-2012, 12:33 PM
If you live near a Nordstrom's they usually have nursing bras that size in store. I went from a 38DD to a 38G which they had in store. I would only buy one or two for now because you may get bigger as time goes on.
I wore underwire the entire time I was nursing and had no issues.
:yeahthat:

I wore a soft cup nursing bra with DS1, and it did nothing for me! Hated it! It was highly recommended from other women here, but I think they might not be as big busted...

This time around I purchased a Elomi underwire bra from breakoutbras.com. Love it. It is super supportive, and I haven't had any issues with clogged ducts. I think as long as you get a well-fitting bra, the clogged ducts should be less of an issue.

wallawala
01-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Call Breakout bras, they can direct you to the best for bigger sizes! They are great!

Bravado original now comes in custom larger sizes as well, see Breakout Bra's website for details.

I need to order a few myself, haven't ordered since 2009 from Breakout, but was very impressed with their customer service back then, and plan to use them again with DC#2 once my milk supply is stable enough to determine my size.

echoesofspring
01-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Another great store:
http://www.mothersboutique.com/

I didn't get quite as big as you, but the owner of this store was super helpful in helping me select some bras.

lowrioh
01-04-2012, 05:55 PM
:yeahthat:

I wore a soft cup nursing bra with DS1, and it did nothing for me! Hated it! It was highly recommended from other women here, but I think they might not be as big busted...

This time around I purchased a Elomi underwire bra from breakoutbras.com. Love it. It is super supportive, and I haven't had any issues with clogged ducts. I think as long as you get a well-fitting bra, the clogged ducts should be less of an issue.

Elomi bras are great! I had Anita bras with DD1 but got Elomi for DD2 and they just fit me better. And they are usually less $$

saraswede
01-04-2012, 06:05 PM
thanks so much ladies!!! :applause:I appreciate your input! I will look into all of these recommendations :)