PDA

View Full Version : Cute black, lined boots?

alexsmommy
01-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Ok, so I got the chocolate Jillian Uggs. Love them, but they are really similar in color and style to my Pajars, but I reeeeeeaaaaaally like them so they are sitting in the box in my closet until I just admit to myself I'm not returning them. I really should have filled the last hole in my boot wardrobe, which is a pair of lined, warm black boots. Any suggestions? I'm hoping to find a great pair that I can stalk until they go on sale like the Jillians and the Sorels...

arivecchi
01-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Do you want casual ones or dressier ones?

alexsmommy
01-04-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm thinking dressier, or ones that can be dressed up a bit. Similar to the Jillian that I could wear with a casual skirt to work. Not a super high heel though, however thinking about it, a wedge could work.

These are to round out my Bandalino dressy black knee high heels and my Miz Mooz low heel casual black riding boots. Both cute, neither warm if I need to be outside for long periods of time.

arivecchi
01-04-2012, 05:51 PM
And you definitely don't want to exchange the brown Jillians for the black ones? ;)

alexsmommy
01-04-2012, 06:19 PM
And you definitely don't want to exchange the brown Jillians for the black ones? ;)

LOL. I already looked to see if it was possible, and alas, no one has my size in black (8.5 or 9). So I guess I have no choice but to keep them, right????

So now I "have" to find another pair.

I used to have a boot obsession, then the kids came and I thought it left, but no, it was just in hibernation. I guess it's the perk of living in this climate.

I think my coat obsession may be waiting for my stable of boots to be rounded out to make it's big comeback too....

mackmama
01-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Aquatalia

alexsmommy
01-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Aquatalia

Are they ever on sale though?

mackmama
01-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Yes I got an incredible deal on some through rue-la-la. I've also seen them on sale at Nords on occasion.

marge234
01-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Aquatalia

IA. Found them and La Canadienne and Marshalls. La Canadienne are $$$ but are warm, and do last.

alexsmommy
01-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Yes I got an incredible deal on some through rue-la-la. I've also seen them on sale at Nords on occasion.

Sweet, I will start watching Rue La La like a hawk.

arivecchi
01-04-2012, 08:55 PM
I used to have a boot obsession, then the kids came and I thought it left, but no, it was just in hibernation. I guess it's the perk of living in this climate.

I think my coat obsession may be waiting for my stable of boots to be rounded out to make it's big comeback too.... Coats and boots?! We'd better NOT go shopping together. Those are my very obsessions! I PM'd ya.

alexsmommy
01-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Less than 24 hours after I opened a PM and link from arivecchi and Zappos delivered these...

http://www.zappos.com/ugg-hartley-black

It's 55 degrees outside yet I've worn them all day. Love.
The only thing more I could ask for would be if they were fully lined like the Jillian. The footbed is SUPER comfy, but does not have the removable sherling insert. The footbed is suede though and very comfy barefoot.

Love.

No more boots for me this season... well unless someone posts a screaming deal on something too cute for words....

Thanks ladies!

arivecchi
01-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Glad you love them! So they are not fully lined like the Jillian? They looked like they were in the pics. I like those in black better though!

alexsmommy
01-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Nope, not fully lined... which when I went back and read the zappos description I realized it is clearly stated. Still warm, still super comfy. I'm happy.