PDA

View Full Version : Shameful vent

sntm
01-05-2012, 03:12 AM
I admitted this to a friend recently, but baby squirms and kicks make me a little bonkers. Right now, SO is snoring due to a cold and baby is wriggling and generally keeping me up. Plus seems to have floated so that kicks are right on my cervix. I'm glad it is happy and healthy on there, but seriously, go the f to sleep so I can fall asleep without feeling like my bowels are full of jumping beans.

I've decided officially that I am not a fan of pregnancy. The end product - LOVE. The process of getting there needs improvement.

amldaley
01-05-2012, 08:44 AM
lol...yeah. Yeah. I love knowing she is moving, but you are soooo right that the process needs improvement! I have been REALLY lucky that she moves around alot from 9-10pm then settles in until about 5 am. But there are times when she is moving that I literally can not breath, think or move!

Hope your LO finds a new krav maga target other than your bladder or cervix soon!

mommylamb
01-05-2012, 08:52 AM
It is a really disconcerting feeling. For a multitude of reasons, I'm also just not one of those people who enjoys pregnancy itself.

But, when the baby is too quiet, I do start freaking out, so it's a damned if he does, damned if he doesn't sort of thing.

BDKmom
01-05-2012, 01:54 PM
It is a really disconcerting feeling. For a multitude of reasons, I'm also just not one of those people who enjoys pregnancy itself.

But, when the baby is too quiet, I do start freaking out, so it's a damned if he does, damned if he doesn't sort of thing.

This is me. I remember telling people with DS that I was not one of those people who especially enjoys being pregnant, and I feel that way even more strongly this time around.

DS was VERY active (and still is, that kid never sits still). Sometimes I felt like he was trying to stick his foot out my vagina. Very uncomfortable and super annoying. Only thing worse was when he would get under my rib cage. No fun at all.

This little one has just started making her presence known, and is very sporadic with her movements. So I can go all day without feeling anything, and start to get worried, but then it's like the party gets started and she's a maniac for a bit.

Hope things settle down and you can get some rest. Hang in there!

Mopey
01-06-2012, 12:00 AM
I agree I am so excited and happy but it's not always comfy. Overall a pretty wild & weird experince (and happy). And I got all the way to seven months before real maternity pants and trouble sleeping which seems crazy lucky!

And one of my first great moments of feeling real kicks was about six straight in a row to my cervix. Yowza! Hanging in with 10 weeks to go :)

MSWR0319
01-06-2012, 05:50 PM
I feel ya. Mine is breech right now and his kicks are in my bowels or bladder or anywhere in between. I about fell out of my chair the other day when he literally started hammering away on my bowels. Not cool little boy, not cool.

karstmama
01-06-2012, 06:06 PM
sigh. i'm jealous. never got to that point. :(

Simon
01-07-2012, 02:01 PM
No shame at all. I, too, do not love the feel of baby moving inside. I know other women feel a sense of joy or awe, but I tend to just feel uncomfortable.

Luckily, most of the time my kids are pretty mellow in there with random bursts of intense movement.

ETA: Here is my shameful moment :bag: I just remembered. I was feeling so irritated around Thanksgiving as I was being kicked in the cervix that I decided to punch Dh, very lightly, on the arm every time I was getting kicked. Dh got mad really fast. He was so irritated and I was like, "Suck it up buddy, we're in this together and its not like I can yell at the baby and make him stop."