PDA

View Full Version : Can someone remind me...

mjs64
01-05-2012, 03:14 AM
...what is wanted in the early stages of pregnancy? I can't believe I don't remember. It really hasn't been that long, but it feels like ages ago. My best friend from childhood is 11 weeks pregnant, and I'd like to get her a gift congratulating her on her pregnancy. It's her first. I'd like to get her something for herself, not for the baby (that will come). I'd like to get her something sort of chic, but I don't think I should pick out maternity clothes for her. She lives across the country, otherwise I'd take her out for a day at the spa or the like. I would do a spa gc but would like something a bit more personal/tangible. Her weight is an issue for her, so no belly bands, etc. Something that will remind her to focus on herself (now, while she still can!). Budget is about $50. Ideas?

Eta: sorry if this isn't the right forum. Interested in what expecting moms are wishing for at the moment.

amldaley
01-05-2012, 08:41 AM
...what is wanted in the early stages of pregnancy? I can't believe I don't remember. It really hasn't been that long, but it feels like ages ago. My best friend from childhood is 11 weeks pregnant, and I'd like to get her a gift congratulating her on her pregnancy. It's her first. I'd like to get her something for herself, not for the baby (that will come). I'd like to get her something sort of chic, but I don't think I should pick out maternity clothes for her. She lives across the country, otherwise I'd take her out for a day at the spa or the like. I would do a spa gc but would like something a bit more personal/tangible. Her weight is an issue for her, so no belly bands, etc. Something that will remind her to focus on herself (now, while she still can!). Budget is about $50. Ideas?

Eta: sorry if this isn't the right forum. Interested in what expecting moms are wishing for at the moment.

I could not get enough fruit at that point...an fruit bouquet would be nice!

I LOVE these as gifts for anyone needing rest and comfort...
http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/04/health/virginia-allergy-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

A gift cert for a pregnancy massage at a spa near her?

A little gift box with some crystallized ginger, some preggo pops, some lovely stretch mark cream?

A friend sent me a pregnancy journal with DD that I enjoyed.

SnuggleBuggles
01-05-2012, 09:00 AM
I always buy Baby Bargains for first time parents. :)

plusbellelavie
01-05-2012, 09:34 AM
I always buy Baby Bargains for first time parents. :)

:yeahthat:....all the first time moms I have given the book too have really appreciated it! With a GC to a local spa would IMO make a wonderful gift.

daisymommy
01-05-2012, 02:44 PM
My go to gift, while not special and luxurious, is:
-The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy (it's just so freakin fun!)
-Stretch mark cream
-Preggo Pops Losenges

all in a cute box.

♥ms.pacman♥
01-05-2012, 02:48 PM
in add'n to Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy, get "Belly Laughs" book by Jenny McCarthy. I remember reading that when i was in my first trimester, and I remember laughing so hard I cried! It is hilarious. I definitely appreciated the comic relief re: pregnancy (vs What Would You Expect series, i hated those), because with the rotten morning sickness etc I sooo needed it!