PDA

View Full Version : Old Navy 50% off clearance

ZeeBaby
01-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Anyone seen any signs of this yet? I went through my receipts and last year it was around 1/6.

Multimama
01-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Anyone seen any signs of this yet? I went through my receipts and last year it was around 1/6.

When I was at Old Navy last week the whole store was so deeply discounted with a lot of merchandise *not* on the clearance racks 75% off that the clearance prices were actually worse than many other prices in the store. And once I used my Groupon I got my stuff for a steal!

So I would just swing by and see what kind of deals are available if you want something. They also had some kind Gymbucks-like promotion going on.

ang79
01-05-2012, 11:58 AM
I was at my store last Friday and the clearance prices and sale prices seemed a lot higher than I remember from after Christmas sales in previous years. There were a few sweaters for about $10 but most were still around $20 - not like the great deals I got last year (sweaters and fleece for $4 and $5, puffy vest for $7, puffy jacket for $10). From what I recall, I normally shop there around mid-end Jan. and stock up on winter clothes for my oldest daughter for next year, so I'll be checking back in a week or so to see what has moved to the clearance rack.

MommyAllison
01-05-2012, 12:48 PM
I was there on Monday this week, and no 50% off clearance then. I was mostly looking for jeans, which ranged from $7.99 up, with a lot of them between $7.99 and $14.99. I didn't look through all of the clearance racks for women, or any of the mens and kids sections.

PAfirsttimemom
01-05-2012, 12:57 PM
I bought some boys' shirts on clearance on Monday. No % off, though. I was thinking I should maybe wait because that might be coming. Maybe they won't do it yet, because they do have a Kohl's cash-type thing going on: earn $10 for a $20 purchase, $20 on a $40, and so on. The coupon can be redeemed later during a specified time period. All the women's sleep/lounge pants were marked down to $4.23, so I bought a few pairs of those, too.

ZeeBaby
01-05-2012, 02:26 PM
I was at my store last Friday and the clearance prices and sale prices seemed a lot higher than I remember from after Christmas sales in previous years. There were a few sweaters for about $10 but most were still around $20 - not like the great deals I got last year (sweaters and fleece for $4 and $5, puffy vest for $7, puffy jacket for $10). From what I recall, I normally shop there around mid-end Jan. and stock up on winter clothes for my oldest daughter for next year, so I'll be checking back in a week or so to see what has moved to the clearance rack.

I am really looking for this type of pricing. It is more inline with what I paid last year. I got the bulk of my winter basics from ON last year.

mypa
01-05-2012, 02:37 PM
And don't forget you can get price adjustments (PA) w/in 14days. In the fall, I purchased things on clearance and earned Super Cash. Then went in a week or so later (to return some things) to see that clearance was an extra 50% off and got a PA. The clearance section by this time was really picked over and I was able to keep the SC value.

I've found PA's my new secret bargain shopping weapon and ON makes it so easy, all they do is scan the receipt. I take my receipt in and almost always there was a markdown and I get $$ back. PA's can only be done 1 time, though.

PAfirsttimemom
01-05-2012, 02:48 PM
And don't forget you can get price adjustments (PA) w/in 14days. In the fall, I purchased things on clearance and earned Super Cash. Then went in a week or so later (to return some things) to see that clearance was an extra 50% off and got a PA. The clearance section by this time was really picked over and I was able to keep the SC value.

I've found PA's my new secret bargain shopping weapon and ON makes it so easy, all they do is scan the receipt. I take my receipt in and almost always there was a markdown and I get $$ back. PA's can only be done 1 time, though.

Good to know. Can you get a PA to anything that was marked clearance? Or would there actually have to be duplicates of the item still in stock to qualify for a PA?

mypa
01-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Good to know. Can you get a PA to anything that was marked clearance? Or would there actually have to be duplicates of the item still in stock to qualify for a PA?

ON PA is the best and easiest. I wish all stores were like this. All you do is take your receipt to the register and ask them to scan it for any PA. They scan the receipt, not just individual items (like at Target) and it will automatically look for things that are cheaper and give you $$ back, either cash if it's a low value or back to your CC. It has no bearing if it is a clearance/sale/regular item or it they have the same item in stock. Plus, it doesn't impact your SC earnings or any other savings/coupons/deals you had previously.

I went in one time to get a PA when I notice 1 item went down in price, but after they scanned it, it found several more that I didn't know about. Now, I always bring my receipt in to have them scan it. I'd say 75% of the time I get some $$ back.

PAfirsttimemom
01-05-2012, 03:45 PM
ON PA is the best and easiest. I wish all stores were like this. All you do is take your receipt to the register and ask them to scan it for any PA. They scan the receipt, not just individual items (like at Target) and it will automatically look for things that are cheaper and give you $$ back, either cash if it's a low value or back to your CC. It has no bearing if it is a clearance/sale/regular item or it they have the same item in stock. Plus, it doesn't impact your SC earnings or any other savings/coupons/deals you had previously.

I went in one time to get a PA when I notice 1 item went down in price, but after they scanned it, it found several more that I didn't know about. Now, I always bring my receipt in to have them scan it. I'd say 75% of the time I get some $$ back.

Excellent. I'll make sure I have them scan my receipt when I go to spend my supercash.

ZeeBaby
01-20-2012, 05:59 PM
I called today and the sale starts tomorrow. Call your stores since not all participate.

abh5e8
01-20-2012, 06:19 PM
awesome! thanks mama.

lauren3110
01-20-2012, 06:26 PM
I saw on their Facebook page but it says adult styles. Anyone seen extra % off kids yet?

ang79
01-20-2012, 07:11 PM
My store had an extra 30% on adult only clearance last weekend, bet they don't have the 50% off again so soon. I'll call to see, I'm waiting for that extra 50% off on kids!

babybell
01-20-2012, 07:52 PM
My guess is the extra percent off clearance will end when the supercash is able to be redeemed, right? Supercash starts 1/27.

Twin Mom
01-21-2012, 12:31 AM
I didn't go in either store but I walked/drove by 2 ON's today. 1 had 30% off clearance (didn't notice if it was on adults only so I'm not sure). The 2nd store didn't have an extra % off or at least there was no sign in the window.

marymoo86
01-21-2012, 08:28 AM
got an email deal alert today that adult will be 50% off in store

Twin Mom
01-21-2012, 03:06 PM
My email said today and tomorrow only.

got an email deal alert today that adult will be 50% off in store

skohng
01-21-2012, 06:45 PM
I stopped in today and it was an extra 50% off all clearance, kids and babies included. the best deals were in adult styles though - lots of sweaters for $2.99 and under.

Momit
01-22-2012, 02:42 PM
My store was 50% off adults but not kids. Great deals on sleep pants, gloves, shirts and more.