PDA

View Full Version : Walmart - LEGO Star Wars Advent 50% off - YMMV

alien_host
01-05-2012, 02:47 PM
I know there was discussion about the advent calendar before Christmas. I was at Walmart the other day and they had at least a dozen advent calendars for $19.90 (50% off).

Worth checking if you didn't end up getting it. It has a lot of cute "mini models" of the ships. A good amount of minifigures too, $20 is a pretty good price for it.

vonfirmath
01-05-2012, 02:48 PM
I saw it too but could not decide if it was a good price or not. Is there a reason 2011 can not be used for Christmas 2012?

alien_host
01-05-2012, 02:53 PM
I saw it too but could not decide if it was a good price or not. Is there a reason 2011 can not be used for Christmas 2012?

I don't think it matters, although I just looked at the front of the box and it says "2011 Advent Calendar". I don't recall the ones in the past having a year on it. That seems to be the only identifying mark, which doesn't really impact it anyway.

Honestly, the only Christmas themed items in it are a small christmas tree and Yoda as Santa, the rest is pretty generic.

judithchu
01-07-2012, 12:11 PM
I got mine yesterday. I went online and looked for its UPC, called my local store and asked them to hold it for me. Pick it up on my way home. $20 is good deal and my DS loved it.