PDA

View Full Version : ISO best deal for arms reach co sleeper

TwinsItIs
01-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Does anyone know of a good deal for an arms reach co sleeper?

Thanks

MamaInMarch
01-05-2012, 09:25 PM
http://www.babyearth.com/open-box.html?brand=98

The cocoa one at $135 is the cheapest that I personally have ever seen a full size.

Pinky
01-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Check prices on the Clear-vue one if you haven't already. It's simpler than the other models and less expensive generally. (and I think they look nice)

Another option if you're open to it is getting one on Craigslist... I see people selling them pretty regularly in our area for a great price.

elmojessi
01-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Another option if you're open to it is getting one on Craigslist... I see people selling them pretty regularly in our area for a great price.

I totally agree with this...ours is going on CL soon!

truly scrumptious
01-05-2012, 11:50 PM
I totally agree with this...ours is going on CL soon!

So is ours!

Tondi G
01-06-2012, 01:09 AM
I bought mine from this site years ago and had a good experience. they have free shipping

http://www.babybungalow.com/arreaccosvar.html

TwinsItIs
01-06-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm buying it as a gift, so CL is not applicable. Thanks for the links. I'll check them out.

Until what age can the mini co sleeper fit a baby generally? I'm debating whether I should go with the mini or the regular sized.

Thanks

poppy
01-06-2012, 11:41 AM
I would get the regular. I got the mini and was only able to use it for about 3 months.

babyonway
01-06-2012, 12:00 PM
I would get the regular. I got the mini and was only able to use it for about 3 months.

:yeahthat:

After 3 months we had to move DD to the crib

MamaInMarch
01-06-2012, 07:31 PM
I agree. We have had 2 regulars (1st was lost to a flood) and I saw the mini in person for the first time a few weeks ago. That wouldn't last long!

Melaine
01-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Sorry to thread-crash.

I wasn't really planning on getting a co-sleeper but this one is on craigslist in "excellent shape" (non-smoking home) for only $30! Should I snatch it?

TwinsItIs
01-26-2012, 10:53 AM
Are the fabric pieces washable? I assume they are. Then I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Melaine
01-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Are the fabric pieces washable? I assume they are. Then I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Not sure....does anyone know? Are these awesome?

Mim
01-26-2012, 11:18 AM
The full sized Arm's Reach cosleeper was my absolute favorite baby item x 2 kids. Pack n plays cannot compare (although do not plan to use the co-sleeper when traveling, not worth the labor...put it up and leave it, it is rock-solid).

Both my kids were in the full-sized co-sleeper until 7 or 8 months. I kept it up longer, holding toys and books for them to play with to try and prolong getting out of bed in the AM (e.g. bring the baby into your bed while you slowly wake up).

I gave mine to a friend, and her DH called me to tell me it is their favorite baby item, too!! I washed everything completely before sending it to them (and I assume they washed it too). All of the fabric pieces fit very snuggly, so dry on a cool cycle to prevent shrinking!

No advice on best price (but free ship will be key bc it cost a fortune to ship it to my friend!), but for that $30 on CL poster...grab it!

-Mim

Melaine
01-26-2012, 11:20 AM
The full sized Arm's Reach cosleeper was my absolute favorite baby item x 2 kids. Pack n plays cannot compare (although do not plan to use the co-sleeper when traveling, not worth the labor...put it up and leave it, it is rock-solid).

Both my kids were in the full-sized co-sleeper until 7 or 8 months. I kept it up longer, holding toys and books for them to play with to try and prolong getting out of bed in the AM (e.g. bring the baby into your bed while you slowly wake up).

I gave mine to a friend, and her DH called me to tell me it is their favorite baby item, too!! I washed everything completely before sending it to them (and I assume they washed it too). All of the fabric pieces fit very snuggly, so dry on a cool cycle to prevent shrinking!

No advice on best price (but free ship will be key bc it cost a fortune to ship it to my friend!), but for that $30 on CL poster...grab it!

-Mim

Thanks. The girls are sick today so I'm going to cross my fingers it will still be available at the end of the day. Also DH is in a really bad mood money-wise so I'm not sure I want to bring up another purchase today. ;) If only someone would respond to all MY ads!

baboki
01-26-2012, 12:07 PM

-Mim

Glad to hear it worked well for you. We are planning to get a full-sized sleeper too. I had registered us for the mini, but DH didn't like the idea of only using it for a few months, and also buying a separate playard. Now we will have both in one unit. They didn't have the full-size anywhere we were registered, but we are planning to get it from Amazon.com.

MamaInMarch
01-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Sorry to thread-crash.

I wasn't really planning on getting a co-sleeper but this one is on craigslist in "excellent shape" (non-smoking home) for only $30! Should I snatch it?

For $30???? Yes!!!!

I think you would be able to wash it no problem but I would hang everything but the sheet to dry.

Yay for you finding one at such an awesome price!

Melaine
01-26-2012, 08:50 PM
So I got it! I think it is the mini, but I wouldn't want it to be bigger so I think it will work great. This is what it looks like:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll113/MamaMelaine/co-sleeper.jpg

So has anyone taken them completely apart to clean. I'm certainly not going to tackle it tonight and in fact left it in the van. It looks and smells clean so that's encouraging. But still want to clean it better!

ETA: I'm sorry to hijack this thread.:duck: