PDA

View Full Version : B.O.C. Born Martina Boot -- help!

Ladybug47
01-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Okay, so I love the b.o.c. Born Martina boots and I'm looking for them in black. Is this a boot they make every year, or is it a one-time-deal thing? I ordered them in brown from dsw.com and I love them, but I was hoping to get them in black instead of brown. They are sold-out in black in my size (9.5) on dsw.com, and I haven't found them at Marshalls at all, so brown seems to be my only option. They are beautiful and comfy and perfect (I ordered them online with a bunch of coupon codes, so they ended up being about $80, but I would probably have more things to wear them with if they were in black. Should I just stick with the brown ones (a beautiful, dark brown), or keep searching for a black pair? (The two black pairs in my size I found in brick-and-mortar stores were definitely there because they had defects.)

I've seen a lot of people wearing dark brown boots with black outfits -- is that okay to do? I've always kept brown with brown and black with black, so this seems unusual to me -- but is it okay in the fashion world now?

'Just need some help deciding. The boots are totally great, but if they make them every year, should I wait for a black pair? Even after an $80 a pair price for brown ones?

cono0507
01-06-2012, 12:13 AM
Don't know if it is an every year model, but I bought mine last year, so there is hope they will be around again! I love them too.

ciw
01-06-2012, 12:24 AM
You may want to check B.O.C. boots with other names. Macy's had a boot called Isolda this fall which looks just like the Martina to me: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/b.o.c.-by-born-shoes-isolda-boots?ID=608957. Also a lot of stores were carrying this style -- http://www.supershoes.com/BOC-Womens-Annarella-Black -- which looks like the Martina but has an extra strap.

nupe
01-06-2012, 06:51 AM
Boc is also carried at 6pm. Did you check there?

liz
01-06-2012, 07:46 AM
OP, have you tried the size 10? I am a 9.5, but depending on the shoe can wear smaller or bigger sizes and in this case I am happy I bought the size 10. Right now they are in stock on DSW. I have been wearing these boots a ton lately, and I really love them!

FWIW, I would buy the color you really want. Too many times I have settled and regretted the purchase.

Ladybug47
01-06-2012, 07:52 AM
OP, have you tried the size 10? I am a 9.5, but depending on the shoe can wear smaller or bigger sizes and in this case I am happy I bought the size 10. Right now they are in stock on DSW. I have been wearing these boots a ton lately, and I really love them!

FWIW, I would buy the color you really want. Too many times I have settled and regretted the purchase.

Well, I'm usually a 9, but when I tried on the boots in the store the 9.5 fit more comfortably. The 10 would be a stretch for me, I think.

Ladybug47
01-06-2012, 08:00 AM
Don't know if it is an every year model, but I bought mine last year, so there is hope they will be around again! I love them too.

Did you find yours in a department store or at a discount store like DSW or Marshall's last year?

cono0507
01-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Did you find yours in a department store or at a discount store like DSW or Marshall's last year?

I bought them at dsw last year in early fall.

stinkyfeet
01-06-2012, 11:08 AM
I picked up a black pair of these last year from dsw. They are really comfy. Anyway, I had a hard time picking bt black and brown. The brown is a really nice and dark shade and will go well with black clothes. HTH!
:D

mimi2008
01-06-2012, 02:50 PM
I agree. i have a size 6 in these boots (I wear 6 in most brands) but they are snug if I use thick socks. I can only wear thin socks with these boots. if you get a half size larger, you could just put store bought insoles and/or wear thick socks with them for even more comfort.

Ladybug47
01-18-2012, 12:45 AM
I decided to go for the brown ones in my size and I'll keep on the look-out for black ones in that style or in a similar-looking style down the road. The reviews say they're not waterproof, so now that the snow's here, I can't even really wear them outside, which makes me a bit sad, but I know I'll get some wear out of them when the snow melts. They are very comfy, that's for sure!