PDA

View Full Version : JuJuBe Fans - Advice on Larger Bags

BayGirl2
01-06-2012, 02:56 PM
I recently bought and returned a Be All during the Costco sale. Loved the quality but it just wasn't big enough for me. I have 2 DCs, one in CD's and one PT'd but needing multiple clothing changes and small toys. I tend to like to bring a lot along and also use my bag as my purse, and sometimes throw in my DSLR or iPad. I'd prefer to have extra empty space than to have all my things stuffed in to the point that it looks overpacked and I can't get to things. I have a Skip Hop Studio but it feels too small. My more summery bag is from BananaFish and its nice and huge, which I like, but its linen and leather so I switch it out in the rainy winter season.

So I'm considering a Be Prepared or a BFF. I was thinking the Be Prepared, even though its huge I think I may like that. The dimensions are the same as my BananaFish. But I think I might like the backpack feature of the BFF, hands free is valuable to me! Has anyone had/seen both and have any feedback? Ideally I want a Be Prepared with backpack straps, but of course that doesn't exist.

Also still undecided on pattern. I tend to wear neutrals and like warm colors and orangey tones. Champagne Bubbles, Sienna Swirl, or mayby Sangria Sunset would have been ideal but those are harder to find. I'm thinking Lotus Lullaby? Any other patterns I may like? There seem to be so many options and few places to shop for them in person. I've watched all the videos online but need some real life feedback!

todzwife
01-07-2012, 07:14 PM
I'll tell you right now that the BFF packs LESS than the ALL, so if the all didn't work, don't bother with the BFF.

The BePrepared is big, but it sounds like that may be what you need.

Kymberley
01-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Lotus Lullaby is one of my favs, but Safari striped is very nice with the orange lining.

goldenpig
01-07-2012, 08:20 PM
I have a Be Prepared and it's mega huge but I have two kids and overpack (change of clothes, sweaters, snacks, drinks, diapers, toys, etc. etc). and still manage to stuff it to the gills. I usually attach it to the stroller bar (we have a sturdy Baby Jogger double). It's a great bag for airplane carry-ons too. I have a Midnight Eclipse. I looked at a BFF but it was too tiny.

nellonello
01-07-2012, 10:13 PM
I would definitely go with either the Packabe or Be Prepared as the BFF seems smaller than the All.

todzwife
01-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Lotus Lullaby is one of my favs, but Safari striped is very nice with the orange lining.

It's copper, and a lot browner than I expected, almost a milk chocolate color. It's BEAUTIFUL!

I have a BFF and a BePrepared (and uh...several others) if you need any comparison pictures.

BayGirl2
01-08-2012, 01:46 AM
I have a Be Prepared and it's mega huge but I have two kids and overpack (change of clothes, sweaters, snacks, drinks, diapers, toys, etc. etc). and still manage to stuff it to the gills. I usually attach it to the stroller bar (we have a sturdy Baby Jogger double). It's a great bag for airplane carry-ons too. I have a Midnight Eclipse. I looked at a BFF but it was too tiny.
That's what I'm thinking. I have about that much stuff, including CDs. As long as it hangs on a stroller I'm ok. How do you like the JJB stroller clips? They seem harder to get on and off than the clips on the other bags I've had.

It's copper, and a lot browner than I expected, almost a milk chocolate color. It's BEAUTIFUL!
I have a BFF and a BePrepared (and uh...several others) if you need any comparison pictures.
The Safari is chocolate? I would love a chocolate brown but animal prints are so NMS. The other most neutral prints seem to be in blacks and blues, not warm.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I looked at a few at a local store yesterday. I like the layout of the BFF better than the All, I think its the way it opens that I can see in from the side more. But I still feel like it will be a tight fit. Wish I could find a Be Prepared to play with.

I also saw the Lotus print and I liked it, but I wasn't overwhelmed. Now I'm feeling like if I'm not finding one that I LOVE, I probably should wait to buy. But they all seem soooo nice. We'll see how long I can resist.

goldenpig
01-08-2012, 02:37 AM
That's what I'm thinking. I have about that much stuff, including CDs. As long as it hangs on a stroller I'm ok. How do you like the JJB stroller clips? They seem harder to get on and off than the clips on the other bags I've had.

I just leave the stroller clips attached to the double stroller so it's not an issue for me. When I use the single umbrella stroller, I just hang the bag around the handlebars (we have a non-tippy Peg Perego). I'm sure you could buy an extra set of inexpensive stroller clips/hooks if needed.

todzwife
01-08-2012, 10:31 PM

The Safari is chocolate? I would love a chocolate brown but animal prints are so NMS. The other most neutral prints seem to be in blacks and blues, not warm.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I looked at a few at a local store yesterday. I like the layout of the BFF better than the All, I think its the way it opens that I can see in from the side more. But I still feel like it will be a tight fit. Wish I could find a Be Prepared to play with.

I also saw the Lotus print and I liked it, but I wasn't overwhelmed. Now I'm feeling like if I'm not finding one that I LOVE, I probably should wait to buy. But they all seem soooo nice. We'll see how long I can resist.

No, the zebra part is black/white but the copper lining is an orangey brown. A LOT darker than I expected. If you like chocolate brown, what about cocoa cha-cha? I can't remember what bags it comes in.

mackmama
01-09-2012, 12:02 AM
I have the BePrepared and the BFF. It sounds like the BP is the one that would work best for you. I'm also an overpacker, and the BFF was too small for me with one DC. I love the BP - so much room and lots of pockets. I like the midnight eclipse the best of the ones your mentioned. I have shadow waltz and love it. I'd prefer to have the bag in earth leather though.

ETA: I'd go with this one! http://shop.ju-ju-be.com/Be-Prepared-Earth-Leather-PID11823-11MB01A.aspx I have the Be Fabulous in earth leather and loooove it. I wish they had the earth leather in the BP when I bought it.

BayGirl2
01-09-2012, 12:55 PM
No, the zebra part is black/white but the copper lining is an orangey brown. A LOT darker than I expected. If you like chocolate brown, what about cocoa cha-cha? I can't remember what bags it comes in.

Ohh, I love the Cocoa Cha-Cha but it doesn't come in the Be Prepared. They seem to have way fewer choices in the BP http://shop.ju-ju-be.com//Be-Prepared-at-Ju-Ju-Be-PID10785-07MB01A.aspx

I'm not sure about the Earth Leather. Normally I love leather, but I saw one in the store and it seems so shiny. Plus its almost twice the cost for not even real leather!? (I know it's not very earth-friendly of me, but I love a buttery smooth leather, so the fake stuff just isn't the same.) However it looks like they have some limited edition ones out right now: http://www.ronrobinson.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=jujube&Search2.x=0&Search2.y=0 the Vanilla and Chocolate are tempting.

mackmama
01-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Ohh, I love the Cocoa Cha-Cha but it doesn't come in the Be Prepared. They seem to have way fewer choices in the BP http://shop.ju-ju-be.com//Be-Prepared-at-Ju-Ju-Be-PID10785-07MB01A.aspx

I'm not sure about the Earth Leather. Normally I love leather, but I saw one in the store and it seems so shiny. Plus its almost twice the cost for not even real leather!? (I know it's not very earth-friendly of me, but I love a buttery smooth leather, so the fake stuff just isn't the same.) However it looks like they have some limited edition ones out right now: http://www.ronrobinson.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=jujube&Search2.x=0&Search2.y=0 the Vanilla and Chocolate are tempting.

Oh I love those gray and chocolate ones! The EL is a little shiny, but I actually really like it. They're so easy to clean and keep looking new. I also love a nice real leather though so I know what you mean. :) In terms of EL versus a pattern, I think the EL looks less like a diaper bag.

BayGirl2
01-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Oh I love those gray and chocolate ones! The EL is a little shiny, but I actually really like it. They're so easy to clean and keep looking new. I also love a nice real leather though so I know what you mean. :) In terms of EL versus a pattern, I think the EL looks less like a diaper bag.

I actually have a diaper bag that's Leather trim with Linen and embroidered flowers. http://www.google.com/products/catalog?pq=bananafish&hl=en&cp=13&gs_id=c&xhr=t&q=bananafish+diaper+bag&qe=YmFuYW5hZmlzaCBkaQ&qesig=IzFGwl0lUmvHnUGLvPtuTw&pkc=AFgZ2tl_SRW_3OpOAjcNl2UApwQelXDHJ8RCQav9p6gJvD Laka66-AUoSfuqdjqc1j7IHdKrRYig6gkKUwea1mbdLPVgvz7upQ&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1259&bih=737&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=3936771916605867047&sa=X&ei=ph0LT7jyOsOKiAKIv-iVCQ&sqi=2&ved=0CHEQ8gIwBA LOVE IT. I've never needed to wash a diaper bag - not sure if its how I use it or what, but my kids don't seem to dirty my bag. So love the look of a nice leather bag, I agree they look less like a diaper bag and more like a purse. I haven't had a nice purse since I had kids.

I'm going to have to think about the EL. I had almost justified a $180 purchase but $325 is a whole different tier of justification....

ETA: Do you find the EL is heavier than the fabric? I know that's a downside of leather for diaper bags in general, not sure if the EL is lighter.