PDA

View Full Version : Small diaper bags

Sopamanda
01-08-2012, 01:33 PM
...for mamas with back issues. I definitely need more than a clutch but most of the diaper bags I see are humongous! Needs to hold wallet, lipsticks, pens in addition to one baby stuffs.

I'm on bed rest; the option to 'go to the store to check them out' has long passed.

Recs?

amanda

brittone2
01-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Do you want something you can wear backpack style because of your back issues (distributing the weight better?). I tended to carry stuff like a Haiku bag (To Go or something like that?), a Lexie Barnes Darling, a LE Little Tripper or whatever they were called. The Haiku could use a nice padded strap area to make it more comfortable but I liked the size.

I usually carried a small bag (even with more than one child, although I really didn't have two in diapers at any given time). I usually kept an extra stash of stuff in the car (extra dipes, clothes, etc) and only carried fairly bare necessities.

Momit
01-08-2012, 02:00 PM
I had a small, simple Eddie Bauer one. It was nice because DH also felt comfortable carrying it.

Kind of like this: http://babiesrus.digby.com/babiesrus/product/detail.do?itemId=2401255&categoryId=&path=&productName=Eddie%20Bauer%20Mini%20Coordinator%20D iaper%20Bag%20-%20Black

Sopamanda
01-08-2012, 02:30 PM
I think if I got a backpack type I'd end up carrying way too much crap and likely carry it on my shoulder anyway. Great idea, I think I'd likely stink at it.

Like the smaller one!

Pear
01-08-2012, 03:44 PM
I like my lands End Little Tripper diaper bag. It is very light when empty. I add my wallet, sunglasses, diapers, snack, and generally a water. It is my go-to bag for short outings or anytime I am going to be chasing after DD while carrying my bag.

hoodlims
01-08-2012, 07:37 PM
JuJuBe makes some small ones for people like you! They have a variety of bags in all sizes.

mackmama
01-09-2012, 12:05 AM
Check out JJB's Be Tween. I think it sounds like a good fit for you. http://shop.ju-ju-be.com/Be-Tween-at-Ju-Ju-Be-PID10837-08MM02A.aspx

Sopamanda
01-09-2012, 10:53 AM
mackmama, that's perfect. Now how am I going to find it for a bargain?!

;)

ARE the expensive diaper bags that much better/more efficient/sturdier or is this a name brand phase/cute print issue? Yes, I LOVE the prints. :)

mackmama
01-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Honestly I think JJB is worth every penny. They are machine washable which is amazing and just have so many great features. They are so well-organized and thought out. I find them to be the best bags out there in terms of construction, fashion, and durability. You should check out the "pink room" which is where a lot of JJB bags are traded and sold. There are some great deals on there. http://www.ju-ju-be.com/pinkroom/

Momto1
01-09-2012, 12:28 PM
There are a few BeTweens on JJB's Pink Room FSOT. I'm sure you could get a great deal on one through there!

And IMO, with JJBs, the price is worth it. They have great organization, hold up really well over time, and they are machine washable!!

BayGirl2
01-09-2012, 01:00 PM
mackmama, that's perfect. Now how am I going to find it for a bargain?!

;)

ARE the expensive diaper bags that much better/more efficient/sturdier or is this a name brand phase/cute print issue? Yes, I LOVE the prints. :)

In my opinion, YES. This is something you will use as much or more than a purse. My first was from Pottery Barn Kids and although it was somewhat pricy, it still fell apart. We received a Carters one (free with purchase for the gift giver I bet) and I can tell by the stiff "fabric" and construction that it would fall apart in a couple weeks of regular use. The Skip Hops are well made and while I don't have a JuJuBe (yet) I can tell they are very well made and also washable. I allow myself one nice diaper bag a year, although realistically one good quality bag could last you through one child's diapering time.