PDA

View Full Version : Starting it - Post your LE Cowl Neck dress pic!

Twoboos
01-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Here we go! Post yours, you know you have the dress. ;)

ETA: Wearing with grey long sleeve scoop neck top, black tights, Enzo Angli-whoever suede boots. No belt, I should look into a belt.

SnuggleBuggles
01-08-2012, 09:51 PM
No pic but I was thinking about this. I wore it yesterday, 2 different ways.
1. Dress, no tights, cognac slouchy boots, brown velOur tailored jacket.

2. Black fishnet like tights, black 4" pointy toed booties

Wore silver hoops and a silver necklace.

I love the versatility of the dress! I was well dressed for my afternoon of errands and my night at dinner and a show!

DrSally
01-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Very nice, too boos. I like the gray underneith, so it's not all black. Sounds like good combos, SB!

baymom
01-09-2012, 02:03 AM
Twoboos--you look great! I have it in the same color and wouldn't have thought to wear it with a light grey top underneath...now I'm going to try it! I think it looks fine without a belt on you, BTW...

Twoboos
01-09-2012, 09:34 AM
No pic but I was thinking about this. I wore it yesterday, 2 different ways.
1. Dress, no tights, cognac slouchy boots, brown velOur tailored jacket.

2. Black fishnet like tights, black 4" pointy toed booties

Wore silver hoops and a silver necklace.

I love the versatility of the dress! I was well dressed for my afternoon of errands and my night at dinner and a show!

OK, I definitely need pics of both of these, they sound great. I am stuck picturing only the outfit I wore! (Probably esp b/c I think I would freeze at this point in the season w/o a long sleeve under! ;) )

Anyone else want to share?

tarnator
01-09-2012, 12:14 PM
MIne was backordered and won't even ship until Jan. 9!

Twoboos
01-13-2012, 10:35 AM
C'mon, no one else wants to share their cowl neck dress look? I know you're out there wearing it right now... :hysterical:

Mommy_Mea
01-13-2012, 11:58 AM
I promise to post mine soon! I keep thinking of this thread when I am at work, and not wearing the dress. I wear it fairly often, even with an EBF 6 month old, I just make sure I nurse at home or somewhere private so I can hike up the entire dress :)

anamika
01-13-2012, 12:13 PM
No pics (yet) but I got 2 with the intention of sending one back but they are both staying.
I have to thank whoever posted first - they just work for my body shape. I am scared to wash them though. Do they shrink or sag or something? Because they fit *just* right now!

Beth24
01-13-2012, 12:19 PM
No pics (yet) but I got 2 with the intention of sending one back but they are both staying.
I have to thank whoever posted first - they just work for my body shape. I am scared to wash them though. Do they shrink or sag or something? Because they fit *just* right now!

If you wash on a delicate cycle and line dry your dress should stay the same. I love mine too! Just no pics right now, sorry Twoboos! And we all have Crl to thank for finding the dress! Thanks Catherine. :applause:

Twoboos
01-13-2012, 04:26 PM
And we all have Crl to thank for finding the dress! Thanks Catherine. :applause:

Ohhhh that's right, it was crl!! She needs to get her pic up here asap, as the one who started the frenzy! :p

maylips
01-13-2012, 05:11 PM
MIne was backordered and won't even ship until Jan. 9!

I think they moved mine not to ship until the 11th.

I hope it fits me better than the other LE Canvas stuff I purchased. I just don't think that company works for my body type because everything else I tried just made me look frumpy.

But you look A-MAZ-ING, Twoboos! Rock it, girl.

brittone2
01-13-2012, 05:20 PM
I think they moved mine not to ship until the 11th.

I hope it fits me better than the other LE Canvas stuff I purchased. I just don't think that company works for my body type because everything else I tried just made me look frumpy.

But you look A-MAZ-ING, Twoboos! Rock it, girl.
My 2nd one isn't due to ship until the 24th now. I'm still keeping the order for now though.

Thanks crl for the recommendation! I wore it on a date night with DH a few weeks ago.

alexsmommy
01-13-2012, 05:34 PM
If it looks good I'll post on Monday from work, but I already know I'm either returning or exchanging for a different color. I got the grey, but forgot I had a grey tunic top from Antho AND I find a really cute grey dress by Max Studio at NR, so I'm thinking I might get the green if it's still in my size.

ett
01-17-2012, 06:57 PM
I got mine today and I love it! I'm glad I ordered it in 2 sizes as I had to size down to XS. I was planning to return the size that didn't work (or both if neither worked) but now I want to exchange the larger one for a smaller size. I currently have the green one; trying to decide whether to get the black or grey now.

crl
01-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Glad you all like the dress! I think it is really cute and very wearable. I am terrible about pictures though. Sorry!

Catherine

DebbieJ
01-17-2012, 09:44 PM
That dress is really cute. If I wore it I would be asked when I was due. :/

goldenpig
01-18-2012, 12:57 AM
That dress is really cute. If I wore it I would be asked when I was due. :/

:yeahthat:
It finally arrived but it doesn't look good on me (color or shape) so I'm going to have to return it, unfortunately. Oh well, worth a try!

alexsmommy
01-18-2012, 08:05 AM
:yeahthat:
It finally arrived but it doesn't look good on me (color or shape) so I'm going to have to return it, unfortunately. Oh well, worth a try!

Yep. I'm debating if I should try sizing down as well as another color, but my gut tells me this is a miss for me.

JenaW
01-18-2012, 11:35 AM
I had to size down 1-2 sizes too. I got the green several months ago and the black when the 40% off sale was going on. I wore the black one exactly once, with a green long sleeve underneath, my denim jacket, and casual black riding boots. No tights..it was on the "warmer" side here. I just had knee socks on, but kept them under the boots. I also got the corduroy dress in the deep maroon color. I wore that last week to work with a grey long sleeve tissue-tee turtleneck and navy LEC tights and my grey suede Target boots. I tried it on with these too

http://www.google.com/shopping/offerdetails?docid=13755570915566273488&sa=X&ei=4-QWT6fBJ7Cq0AH5x8zkAg&ved=0CHQQwBMwAQ

but I felt too awkward in it. No one commented, though I didn't really expect them too. I was the only provider in the office that day, and everyone else was in scrubs. Since I only see them in scrubs (don't hang out with too many of them outside of work) I don't know what their fashion styles are, and most of them are about 10-20 years older too. I'm one of these women that LOVE to look and dream about being fashionable, but I always feel like I can't make myself totally put together enough to pull it off. The rest of me (hair, nails, make-up, jewelry) is very VERY low-maintenance. For instance, "make-up" for me consists of mascara and chapstick! MAYBE a light tan eyeshadow and lt lip stick if I am feeling daring. Its not that I don't NEED it, but that (a) I don't really know how to wear it, and (b) I feel weird when wearing it. I also hardly ever wear jewelry...my wedding ring and a small crucifix that I never take off, but that's it. When I do "try" I feel like I look like I am trying too hard, but missing the mark. So I prefer the "it's obvious I DIDN'T try look better!

I really need to take pics and get feedback from you guys...

I love the feel of the cowl neck dresses, but I can't figure out what to do with the cowl. It always just hangs awkwardly on me. I'll try to take some pics later...maybe you can help.

AnnieW625
01-18-2012, 12:45 PM
I so wanted to like this dress in black but I am somewhere between 30 and 50 lbs too heavy to make it work IMHO. If I were a size 6 or 8 (130-145 appx.) I think it would be perfect, but I am not and it just wasn't me. DH thought a belt would make it look more defined, but I didn't care for the look. I was going to keep and try it again once I have lost 20 lbs, but I just took it out of my closet and decided it is going back. I had taken a photo of me in the dress, but already deleted it from my phone.

maiaann
01-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Okay Missy... your picture sold me on it! ;) I ordered the dress last night. I will post my opinion when it arrives.

citymama
01-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Here we go! Post yours, you know you have the dress. ;)

ETA: Wearing with grey long sleeve scoop neck top, black tights, Enzo Angli-whoever suede boots. No belt, I should look into a belt.

It looks awesome on you! I didn't buy it coz I thought I would look like I had a bag on, but now I'm tempted. You wear it well! What size did you get?