PDA

View Full Version : Decathalon after graco snugride 22?

Sopamanda
01-09-2012, 09:52 AM
DD is due in March and we have a snugride 22 for her. When thinking "what comes next" I was wondering about my 6 year old's decathalon. He'll surely be ready for a new seat by then. I know when we got it this seat was the bomb and we've really liked it but I do realize opinions change and new models come out.

Any reason why I should sell/get rid of it and get something new or will this work after the graco snugride?

(Of course I'll check expiration, but we bought it new, we should be good...)

Amanda

legaleagle
01-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Old generation britax seats are only 6 years, so I imagine you won't have much time left by the time your baby is in the convertible. I'd probably use it up to the expiration, but keep an eye for good deals in the meantime, of course!

wimama
01-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Old generation britax seats are only 6 years, so I imagine you won't have much time left by the time your baby is in the convertible. I'd probably use it up to the expiration, but keep an eye for good deals in the meantime, of course!

:yeahthat: I got came to the realization my 5 1/2 year old DS's old Boulevards are expiring next month. We had to get two new infant seats for baby E and now we need to buy two new convertibles. It sure hurts to throw out those old seats.

Sopamanda
01-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Yup. We just threw out DS graco snugride ANd the two bases and it sure was painful to cut those straps. Can't be too careful but we might as well eek out what we can of it. I was happy we could even consider using any careseats of DS. Planning kids sure ain't easy. :)

Joolsplus2
01-11-2012, 08:48 AM
The new Britaxes have a way smoother adjuster mechanism than the old Decathlon, you might really like them just as well (the Roundabout 55 is a similar model to that, and you can generally find them for $150 or less if you shop around with coupons :))

Sopamanda
01-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Julie,

If I wanted to scour for sales what's the best, longest lasting seat after the snugride (22)?

Blvd?

I'm in an 04 Accord and hubs has a 05 CRV. DS will be in a high back booster at that point.

Thanks!

Joolsplus2
01-12-2012, 10:45 AM
I like Britaxes plenty, the RA55 and MA/BV70's are the same seat shell, 55 seems to last longer RF due to the tilt it causes in the head, but then the 70 seems a tad taller FF. (same measurements, just weird because of the headrest differences). They can also be tethered rearfacing, which I think is a nice safety feature for older RF toddlers. But the Evenflo Triumph is also a nice choice, or the Symphony, which some hardcore Britax lovers I know like *better*, go figure :)

Sopamanda
01-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Thanks, Julie!