PDA

View Full Version : Does color ever matter?

kitty2010
01-09-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm looking to get a Britax Maxathon 70. Amazon has "Allison" for 216. It's OK. I have a girl. But I see there's one coming out in February called Azalea, and it looks prettier (The one on the Britax website, not the one on Amazon- not sure why they look different) But, I'm guessing it's going to be regular price of $289.

Do you know how soon the prices usually drop, or should I just buy the Allison? Anyone have it? Is it cute? Looks a little pale? I had thought about getting a custom cover, but read that it's not a good idea to buy aftermarket covers since they're not flame retardant.

I already had a "boring color"/neutral infant seat (Chicco Keyfit30 in Cubes) and was hoping to get a "cute" convertible.

Thanks for any advice, trivial as this may be ;)

azzeps
01-23-2012, 01:57 AM
Hi kitty,

If you asked my daughter if color mattered, it would be a resounding "YES!" especially if it were PINK!!! Any pink. Which is why she won't be involved in choosing her next seat because I will want to hand it down to her brother, so it will have to be gender neutral. So I guess if you are not handing it down, get the PINK seat. :) My daughter would approve. I would get the one that's $216 and if you have extra, put what you would have spent in her college fund.

happy shopping!

amldaley
01-23-2012, 04:47 AM
Yeah - I think it depends on the kid.

We were talking to DD yesterday about getting her a new seat and she was NOT happy with the idea that she might not have one with pink flowers!

She LOVES the cover for her Blvd...it is bright pink with green and white flowers. She was VERY disappointed that the Frontier 85 we were looking at, while it came in pink, did NOT have flowers.

I think it matters how you "sell" it to them, too - in order to get DD excited for her seat, we have always made a big deal about it being her special seat and no one else in the car gets a pink seat, etc.

I am a firm believer that if you have to look at that thing every day for the next how many years, you should get one that you like! Then again, you can always buy a replacement cover down the road....

legaleagle
01-23-2012, 12:09 PM
My kids don't care, I'd be more concerned about the texture of the fabric since some are sweatier than others. FWIW, I think the azalea is way cuter too, and looks like it wouldn't show dirt quite as much.

Does britax still do the February sales? If they do, I imagine it would be 25% off even if it's new, though that would still be more than the allison.