PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a "goodbye" gift at work?

luckytwenty
01-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Friday is my last day at a company where I made many friends. I'd like to leave behind some sort of gift--maybe $5 a person for 15 people. Any suggestions for something small that would be cute on a desk? Mainly women, three men.

rolypoly27
01-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Personally, I would cater an inexpensive lunch like sandwiches or chinese food. I know I always appreciate free lunch at work. It could be during your last week there, or on a day you're not there if you feel uncomfortable being there for some reason. You could also do breakfast and bring in bagels/pastries and coffee.

smiles33
01-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Personally, I would cater an inexpensive lunch like sandwiches or chinese food. I know I always appreciate free lunch at work. It could be during your last week there, or on a day you're not there if you feel uncomfortable being there for some reason. You could also do breakfast and bring in bagels/pastries and coffee.

I think this is a great idea. Honestly, $5/person doesn't buy much and I'm not sure if people would keep a paperweight or some other trinket on their desk to remember you by. A free meal and a nice goodbye is more memorable.

Good luck with the next chapter of your life (not sure if you're going to a new job or SAH or something else).

luckytwenty
01-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Thanks, that's a good idea. Moving on to a new job--very very excited, but sad to say goodbye.

BeachBum
01-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Or if you have a break room--maybe buy something for it? New coffee pot? Better quality coffee? Fruit basket? Basket of things people are always scrounging for (plastic forks, creamer, condiments for the fridge?, candy bars etc?)

luckytwenty
01-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Or if you have a break room--maybe buy something for it? New coffee pot? Better quality coffee? Fruit basket? Basket of things people are always scrounging for (plastic forks, creamer, condiments for the fridge?, candy bars etc?)

Yeah, that would work! At least I'd be leaving something a bit more lasting. I could definitely bring some great K-cups and accessories.