PDA

View Full Version : Chicco Keyfit or Teutonia T-Tario

edurnemk
01-09-2012, 08:20 PM
I checked DS's old Graco SafeSeat 32 the other day and it expires on Dec. 2012. DC2 will be born late June, so that would give me 6 months of infant seat, BUT I would like to have an infant seat to get through the winter (hoping this baby won't hate the infant seat as DS did). So I'm considering donating our SafeSeat to our housecleaner who has a small baby (never been in an accident), for her to use right now, and get a new seat for the baby.

So what would you recommend: Chicco Keyfit or Graco Snugride / Teutonia T-Tario (I'd be considering the 30 or 35 versions)? I like the idea of the nicer fabric of the Teutonia, but I'm aware it's exactly the same as the Snugride. It would be installed in a 2011 Nissan Rogue, and occasionally in my mom's Volvo XC-90.

Do you think the differences of the Teutonia are worth the price difference over the Snugride?

If it matters, we have an Uppababy Vista, and already have the Graco adapter. Not that I plan on using it much, but I do need it to bring baby from the car up to our apartment and vice-versa since I don't carry infant seats and usually have diaper bag, DS's backpack, my laptop case, etc. to bring up with us.

ETA: I don't mind getting the Chicco adapter if we opt for the Keyfit. We're getting another stroller for the car anyway (maybe a Bee), so the Vista and the adapter are not big factors in my decision.

legaleagle
01-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Well, I think the teutonia fabric is much nicer looking than both the chicco and snugride, at least on screen! Isn't that the only difference from the snugride?

Joolsplus2
01-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Go Teutonia. I don't know how rapidly they sell (that is, I'm thinking they sell pretty slowly, they aren't the most popular seat around, though I love love love them), so look for a bargain and don't be disappointed if it's pushing 2 years old. It's just been sitting on a nice safe shelf somewhere waiting for someone to love it :loveeyes:

AnnieW625
01-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Before I got my hand me down Safe Seat I was looking for bargains on the Teutonia as well as the SR35 in Laguna Bay. I seriously loved the Safe Seat and if we were to have more kids I would be looking at the Teutonia or the Aprica seat which is essentially a SR35 also. DD2 made it to 17 months in her SS, and she is tall for her age so if she was on the short side she easily could have made it to 2 like the little girl we got the seat from.

edurnemk
01-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Before I got my hand me down Safe Seat I was looking for bargains on the Teutonia as well as the SR35 in Laguna Bay. I seriously loved the Safe Seat and if we were to have more kids I would be looking at the Teutonia or the Aprica seat which is essentially a SR35 also. DD2 made it to 17 months in her SS, and she is tall for her age so if she was on the short side she easily could have made it to 2 like the little girl we got the seat from.

I know! Even though DS hated the SafeSeat 32 and we switched him to the Blvd at 11 months, we continued to use the SS for travel until shortly after his 2nd bday!

Go Teutonia. I don't know how rapidly they sell (that is, I'm thinking they sell pretty slowly, they aren't the most popular seat around, though I love love love them), so look for a bargain and don't be disappointed if it's pushing 2 years old. It's just been sitting on a nice safe shelf somewhere waiting for someone to love it :loveeyes:

Jools, The Teutonia only comes in a 35 version right?

Joolsplus2
01-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Yeah, if it's the 30, which they made first, it probably is getting TOO old, so look for the 35.

edurnemk
01-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Thanks! Now comes the hard part: making up my mind on the color! ;)