PDA

View Full Version : LE Luxe Coat - Zipper Problems

Kindra178
01-10-2012, 11:13 AM
I got this coat for my sis. She loves it but is having zipper problems. She said it sticks and it takes her 5 minutes to zip it. Any thoughts?

arivecchi
01-10-2012, 11:18 AM
I find it hard to zip if the metal zipper parts are not perfectly aligned. Usually zips right up once I align them well though.

Trigglet
01-10-2012, 06:11 PM
I used to use this trick when I had a sticky zipper - just find an ordinary lead pencil and rub the lead over the zipper where it's sticking. That usually does the job. Not sure why! HTH

Multimama
01-10-2012, 06:14 PM
I struggled with the zipper for awhile on my LE coat too. The trick is that you have to make sure that the zipper pieces (there are two on one side) are all the way at the bottom/end of the zipper. If they aren't the two pieces on that side won't be aligned and it is impossible to zip. So now I just push it all the way to the end and make sure it stays there while I insert the other side. It takes practice, but it gets much easier the more you do it.

elektra
01-10-2012, 06:25 PM
I read about that in the reviews. I remember one reviewer had a tip- watching some kind of video? Whatever it was helped her get the hang of it. Some kind of trick I guess. I would go back and read some of the website reviews.

liamsmom
01-10-2012, 08:43 PM
I swear, I could only wear this coat when my DH was around to zipper me in for the first week. I realized that while I was trying to push the pin into both zippers, I was inadvertantly pulling up on the zippers rather than down. It was because I was using my finger to brace the bottom zipper. Now I just hold the top zipper down (towards my feet) and push the pin in all the way, then pull the top zipper up. I agree it takes practice.