PDA

View Full Version : PSA for Munire Crib Buyers

maylips
01-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Make sure you get the conversion kit if you want to make the crib into a real bed eventually.

I can't remember why we didn't buy one in 2006 when we were preparing for baby #1 but now that we've used the crib through baby #2 and it's 6 years later, the kit is no longer available. Apparently they discontinued our style and others aren't compatible.

So be sure to make that decision when you purchase the crib!

mom2khj
01-10-2012, 05:52 PM
That happened to us when we bought DD1's crib (not Munire). For some reason I assumed it came with what you needed. By the time we realized it didn't (3 years later), the kit was no longer available.

I made sure we bought it all when we bought DS's crib!

scrooks
01-10-2012, 08:42 PM
This is a great tip! We bought DDs crib 5 years go and bought the kit at the same time. We JUST converted it 2 weeks ago. I cant imagine that they would have still had the kit available if we had waited.

I need to call my sister and tell her to get the kit for DNs crib. She mentioned recently that they didnt buy it with the crib.

newg
01-10-2012, 10:53 PM
thanks for the reminder! We bought everything with DD1's crib (toddler conversion, full bed kit).....but haven't bought a thing for DD2's crib. I'm going to skip the toddler rail (thinking I can just reuse DD1's rail)........but we def. need to buy the full bed conversion kit!!

twodogs
01-23-2012, 11:50 PM
Another consideration, albeit painful, put it together when you get it (when you buy the crib) or at least look it over very carefully. Three years later, if you unpack it for the first time and something is damaged or missing,you may not be able to get a replacement. Of course I had this brilliant thought when we were unpacking the conversion kit when my daughter turned three! Hadn't even checked it in three years since she was born. Luckily everything was there and ok...