PDA

View Full Version : Target toy clearance 75% off, Legos 50%

billysmommy
01-11-2012, 01:13 PM
The Target I go to usually does toy markdowns on Thursdays but I was there today and decided to swing through the toys to see if what they had left was worth me going tomorrow. Everything was already marked down to 75% off and all the Legos on clearance were at 50% off. They had tons left!!!

I ended up with

Alien Striker 7049 $2.48
King's Carriage Ambush 7188 $19.98
Francesco Bernoulli 8678 $14.98
Ninjago Ninja Ambush 2258 $3.48
Ninjago Spinjitzu Starter Set 2257 $9.94
Ninjago Mountain Shrine 2254 $9.94
Ninjago Blacksmith Shop 2508 $16.90
Ninjago Earth Dragon Defense $17.48
Hero Factory Nex 2.0 2068 $3.48
mini-figures from series 5 rang up at 75% off so .74 each ~ I got 30 of these to stick in the goodie bags for the boys birthday parties in May

My best find was a mistake though....they had 3 of the Star Wars Advent calendars and they were ringing up at $3.99 on the price checker (90% off like some the Christmas stuff). But when I got up front they rang up at $19.98 (the 50% off price like all the other Legos). I told the cashier what they were ringing up for at the price checker and she called a manager over. He said that they should be 50% off like the other toys. He checked them on the price checker and said that he would honor one calendar at that price :yay: :yay: :yay:

There were lots of Spongebob sets, bigger Atlantis sets and tons of the Francesco Bernoulli sets left.

Non-Lego finds were

Mini Air Hogs monster truck $5.98
Cars 2 Guess Who game $5.68
Hot Wheels car display rack $2.38
Leapster Jedi Reading $7.48

JoyNChrist
01-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Ooh thanks, I'm gonna go check my Target today. We have a Lego birthday party in the works for March.

ett
01-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Is this at the Framingham Target? I'm trying to decide if I should make a trip after the kids go to bed tonight. I bought the Francesco Bernoulli set before Christmas for around $23 so if I find it at 50% off I'll return the original one. Though I'll probably lose the savings by picking up other things so maybe I should just stay home. :)

billysmommy
01-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Is this at the Framingham Target? I'm trying to decide if I should make a trip after the kids go to bed tonight. I bought the Francesco Bernoulli set before Christmas for around $23 so if I find it at 50% off I'll return the original one. Though I'll probably lose the savings by picking up other things so maybe I should just stay home. :)

That's the one :)

They had about 30 of the Francesco sets when I was there

LD92599
01-11-2012, 02:41 PM
i was JUST in Target and didn't step foot in the lego aisle. Darn it!

chlobo
01-11-2012, 03:08 PM
So is Christmas clearanced yet? I heard they have the mini lego sets that are usually up at the register on the Christmas clearance schedule so they would be .34 & .39 each.

Harry Potter and one other

rbsmom
01-11-2012, 03:13 PM
I was at my Target this morning (and yesterday). Still just 50%, although they had worked on it sometime yesterday afternoon, because it was much neater than yesterday morning...

alien_host
01-11-2012, 03:31 PM
So is Christmas clearanced yet? I heard they have the mini lego sets that are usually up at the register on the Christmas clearance schedule so they would be .34 & .39 each.

This was discussed on the 70 and 90% off Target Christmas threads, the two Lego Bagged sets were part of the Stocking Stuffer section so they were following the Christmas Clearance. I think many stores will be salvaging out what's left shortly so if you want to go find them you'll have to do it quick.

You might find some at the register with the Star Wars (full priced) ones. The second one was a Kingdoms "Target Practice" set...in a bag as well.

Here is the thread with more info: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=422107&page=5

billysmommy
01-11-2012, 03:31 PM

The Christmas at this Target had gone to 90% last Friday and was very picked over on Monday. I didn't go over here today but I would bet it was probably salvaged yesterday or this morning.

alien_host
01-11-2012, 03:36 PM
My best find was a mistake though....they had 3 of the Star Wars Advent calendars and they were ringing up at $3.99 on the price checker (90% off like some the Christmas stuff). But when I got up front they rang up at $19.98 (the 50% off price like all the other Legos). I told the cashier what they were ringing up for at the price checker and she called a manager over. He said that they should be 50% off like the other toys. He checked them on the price checker and said that he would honor one calendar at that price :yay: :yay: :yay:

Is it common for the price checker to have a different price than the register? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a price checker on the floor? Weird.

Nice find though, too bad the Targets by me have very little LEGO Clearance.

billysmommy
01-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Is it common for the price checker to have a different price than the register? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a price checker on the floor? Weird.

The cashier and manager both said they'd never had it happen before and couldn't
explain it.

elbenn
01-11-2012, 03:56 PM

I think they often are different, because I have had several items show up as "item not found" on the price checker and I thought maybe they were salvaged but then they rang up fine at the register.

MomtoNico
01-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Well I went to the Methuen stare Ma and Salem NH store and neither had 70% off. Salem store doesnt look like it will have much. Methuen And Haverhill, Ma sote ( I was in Haverhill yesterday. ) looked liek they were moving everthing to the clearacne aisles. I plan on goign tomorrow morning.

ett
01-11-2012, 04:15 PM
The Christmas at this Target had gone to 90% last Friday and was very picked over on Monday. I didn't go over here today but I would bet it was probably salvaged yesterday or this morning.

I found several Harry Potter sets and a Target practice set at the registers on Monday. I had not seen them there before so they must have been returns.

Maggie'sMom
01-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I was planning on going Thursday morning, but stopped by today--my Target has not marked down yet, but they were definitely moving things around and organizing the sale aisles--think I will go back in the morning.

KrisM
01-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Thanks for posting. I'll hit ours tomorrow and hope it's dropped. I don't know what to expect, but I'm only looking for cheap, cheap, cheap.

babybell
01-11-2012, 11:14 PM
I saw Circo play kitchens tonight for $23.xx. Also got a 4-in-1 jacket for $9.xx.

ett
01-12-2012, 01:02 AM
I made it to Target tonight. Got several Lego sets and a bunch of other toys. The non-Lego toys were 70% off, not 75%. Is this the new discount level for Target now?

Looks like the Christmas stuff has been salvaged already since I found a stocking stuffer item and it rang up as item not found.

Thanks so much for posting!

essnce629
01-12-2012, 02:18 AM
Thanks! I planned on heading there tomorrow! I have nothing in the gift closet for 8 year old boys, so it seems like now may be the time to pick up some stuff.

magnoliaparadise
01-12-2012, 05:42 AM
Hi,
This might be a newbie Target question, but are clearances in the store reflected on their website? I live in NYC and it's a total drag to get to one (it's here, but kind of far and I'd have to take public transportation and I can't with my newborn and preschooler right now.)
Thanks.

iaam
01-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Other than Lego, what exciting/fun toys have folks found? Trying to decide if it's worth going this year given that we are drowning in toys!

soupmom
01-12-2012, 09:34 AM
They do but on a different schedule. It seems like most of the toys on Target.com were marked down right before Christmas. I got a bunch of toys 75% off just before the holidays.

rbsmom
01-12-2012, 10:02 AM
No - from what I've seen, they'll clearance in the stores way before it hits the web, and you're selection is usually better in-store (if you hit the markdown EARLY - before all the ebay resellers get there).

Hi,
This might be a newbie Target question, but are clearances in the store reflected on their website? I live in NYC and it's a total drag to get to one (it's here, but kind of far and I'd have to take public transportation and I can't with my newborn and preschooler right now.)
Thanks.

anonomom
01-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Other than Lego, what exciting/fun toys have folks found? Trying to decide if it's worth going this year given that we are drowning in toys!

My target was marking down this morning, and it was a madhouse! Some of the stuff:

Teacup pigs basic set $2.xx
Little people pirate ship: $7.49
Cars shake & go set: $11.xx
Disney princess bathtub dolls: $5.xx
Bop-it bounce: $4.xx
Glow-in-the-dark ping pong :$4.xx
Hot wheels sets: $11-22

There was a ton more, but that's the stuff that sticks out for me.

hkriw
01-12-2012, 01:04 PM
The wilmington de target at the basic circo train tables for $27. it was on the bottom shelf of an endcap that was like behind a pillar.

HTH someone

iaam
01-12-2012, 01:40 PM
I went to East Hanover T a little while ago. It looked like they were just starting to mark down. As always, the associate was super helpful and scanned everything that I was interested in. There were lots of Hot Wheels sets, Cars 2 sets, play huts (Dora, Cars 2, etc.), Circo dolls, Circo kitchens, Chugginton train sets, transformers and Mickey Rock Star...

stratosphere03
01-12-2012, 02:23 PM
I went to two stores this morning and both were 70% off most toys, except the large things like ping-pong and bounce houses. Each store had about 1.5 aisles worth of stuff; a lot less than usual. One store had several play kitchens and dollhouses, which I would have been all over if I had any girls to buy for. There were so many Cars, Hero Factory, and Ninjago legos left, that I'm hoping I'll be able to snag a set or two at 75% off. (No big deal if I can't though.) Here are some of the things I bought:

Lego power boat 4643 - $19.98 (50% off)
Hot Wheels Monster Jam Ultimate Crush Kit - $11.98 (for a b-day this weekend)
Leapster Star Wars Math - $7.48
Leapster Star Wars Reading - $7.48
Imaginext Advent Calendar - $5.98
Lego Star Wars Rebel Trooper 8083 - $5.98

I also bought the hot wheels Rev Ups stunt park (or something like that), but thankfully I read the reviews before giving it as a gift because they were terrible! It's definitely going back.

Tenasparkl
01-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Little people pirate ship: $7.49

I was looking for this. Hopefully I'll find it at another target!

iaam
01-12-2012, 02:33 PM
I also bought the hot wheels Rev Ups stunt park (or something like that), but thankfully I read the reviews before giving it as a gift because they were terrible! It's definitely going back.

Hahaha - me too, and yes, it's definitely going back! I got the monster jam set as well, and while I can't find any reviews, I think DS will like it even if just for the trucks.

poppy
01-12-2012, 02:46 PM
The wilmington de target at the basic circo train tables for $27. it was on the bottom shelf of an endcap that was like behind a pillar.

HTH someone

I'm looking for this in Orange County, CA. In the toy section, right? There isn't another area I'm missing. I looked last year and couldn't find it.

inmypjs
01-12-2012, 02:49 PM
I was really bummed - I went this morning at 9am. The first thing I saw was 12 (yes 12) carts by the checkout overflowing with toys! A mother/daughter team got them all. There wasn't much left on the shelf.

liz
01-12-2012, 03:08 PM
I was really bummed - I went this morning at 9am. The first thing I saw was 12 (yes 12) carts by the checkout overflowing with toys! A mother/daughter team got them all. There wasn't much left on the shelf.

aww, that sucks!

I found one (kind of beat up) Lego Advent calendar, rang up at 19.99$ but was able to get it for 4.99$ :applause:
-3 Ford RC trucks for 14.98$ (were 49.99$)
-2 Leapster Star Wars games 7.48$
-Nerf starter set (goggles, darts, vests etc) for 8$

DrSally
01-12-2012, 03:11 PM

That's amazing. I wonder what they're going to do with it.

nebwhit
01-12-2012, 03:21 PM

I had a similar experience and was totally bummed too. The guy by me checking out was at almost $300 on items 70% off.

div_0305
01-12-2012, 03:29 PM
It sucks when you see that happening, but I remind myself it's a free country. I mean people do that a lot at these bargain sales, but I don't like being there to see the action taking place. To the person asking what they were doing with it, I'd guess Ebay or similar resellers. A woman/daughter (assuming) team recently was at the xmas sales and bought every 3 pen pack of Cars pens from the $1 section (cart full!). I didn't really want one, but was tempted smugly to ask if they'd let me have 1 pack to buy.

Anyway, today, I saw a husband/wife (assuming) team, and the woman would call the man when something was too heavy from another aisle (yes, they split up to tag-team the aisles and block with their carts). She'd yell, "Honey, here, fast I can't pick this up!" The man was trying to further damage some beat up boxes and whispering, you think I should pull out my "I'm going to argue the price of this thing down further attitude?" It did seem like they were buying it for a likely very spoiled child, as it was mostly all Legos, and they were going back and forth on which sets they had already bought him previously.

My only way to beat the resellers is to not buy toys off Ebay and try to not buy 3rd party off Amazon for these things.

stratosphere03
01-12-2012, 03:36 PM

An employee at the second store I went to told me that a guy had just bought $1500 in toys and that he is a known re-seller. I kind of wish I had been there to see what he bought, but I know I would have been annoyed if he grabbed up toys I wanted before I could get to them. I'd rather now know what I missed. :)

kissmekate
01-12-2012, 03:47 PM
I purchased the Barbie Dream Townhouse for $45 and a set of miscellaneous Barbie furniture (a big long box with the bed, shower, table, and doll) for $15.

Kaylee31
01-12-2012, 04:08 PM

I really hope they are planning on donating some of them at least. Otherwise, that is just over-the-top greed. :(
My local Target in central PA went to 70% last Thu. and didn't have a great selection-- at least compared to last year. I was surprised the baby & toy clearances happened so early this year, but I was there again yesterday and they are remodeling the baby & toy sections so I guess that's why. (The baby stuff went to 50-70% the week before Christmas, and I did score a ton of newborn girl's clothes, towels, and swaddlers.)
What I did get:
Hot Wheels Super 6 Lane raceway - 087070968 - $23.98
Maisto RC Rock crawler - 087050676 - $8.98
Lego Duplo My first supermarket - 204000286 - $5.98
Cars 2 Bombing Mater - 087071961 - $17.98
Take n play Thomas Holiday - 204030672 - $5.98
Fisher Price Learn Through Music Touch Pad - 204100416 - $16.18
(Will probably return b/c reviews are mostly negative)

ett
01-12-2012, 04:13 PM
A woman/daughter (assuming) team recently was at the xmas sales and bought every 3 pen pack of Cars pens from the $1 section (cart full!).

I wonder what they were going to do with all those pens? Cars pens from the Target dollar section does seem ebay worthy.

PAfirsttimemom
01-12-2012, 04:24 PM
I had a similar experience and was totally bummed too. The guy by me checking out was at almost $300 on items 70% off.

I had plans today, so I was thinking of going tomorrow. Sounds like it might not be worth it.

ett
01-12-2012, 04:34 PM
I had plans today, so I was thinking of going tomorrow. Sounds like it might not be worth it.

I find that with these Target toy clearances, you really have to hit them immediately when the toys get marked down. The shelves are really picked over by the next day.

happymommyof2
01-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Thanks I went over lunch after reading this post. The cashier told me a woman spent $500 on toys this morning.

I found

air hogs rc trucks 5.98
guess who cars game 5.68
imaginext sky racers 10.48 (great deal, I think my nephew will love it)
little people nativity 8.38
cranky and flynn save the day 17.98
chuggington interactive railway 17.98
vreader books for 5.98
lego bionicle watch 5.08

Thanks so much for posting. I needed a few birthday gifts for some upcoming parties and I gave my friend a few things to add to her reward pile for her son.

billysmommy
01-12-2012, 04:56 PM
I find that with these Target toy clearances, you really have to hit them immediately when the toys get marked down. The shelves are really picked over by the next day.

:yeahthat:

I had to get DS1 some new snowpants today so while I was there I stopped back to the toys and I couldn't believe how empty the shelves were compared to yesterday!! They had 2.5 aisles of clearance yesterday and they were stocked full.
There were 2 salespeople there today condensing everything into 1 aisle. They said that there were people waiting outside this morning and they just filled carts with stuff, not really looking/caring what it was.
I'm really glad I stopped back in the toys yesterday instead of waiting for today when they usually do the mark-downs.

Jajsmom
01-12-2012, 05:02 PM
The first Target I hit went 70% off. Only like 1 or 2 other people there. I was able to get a Step 2 Tool Workbench for $20.xx, Step 2 Play kitchen for $25.xx. Got Chuggington railway for $17.xx, fire truck for 8.xx, abc foam mats for $6. Alphie for $11.xx. They had a tons of stuff but I was just getting bday gifts for my son and didn't really need the other stuff. Already have too much that doesn't get played with. Hit another target and they didn't mark down. Their selection wasn't that good. I was glad to find the workbench. Really wanted one for my son's bday.

ett
01-12-2012, 05:39 PM
:yeahthat:

I had to get DS1 some new snowpants today so while I was there I stopped back to the toys and I couldn't believe how empty the shelves were compared to yesterday!! They had 2.5 aisles of clearance yesterday and they were stocked full.
There were 2 salespeople there today condensing everything into 1 aisle. They said that there were people waiting outside this morning and they just filled carts with stuff, not really looking/caring what it was.
I'm really glad I stopped back in the toys yesterday instead of waiting for today when they usually do the mark-downs.

Yeah, I'm glad I got there last night. There was nobody in the section so I was able to browse very leisurely.

Pennylane
01-12-2012, 05:53 PM
I don't even bother going anymore. It is too disgusting to watch the people who just clear the shelves. Luckily, my dc are older and there isn't as much for them anyway.

Ann

anonomom
01-12-2012, 06:00 PM
It's such a bummer to read stories about greedy people. Seemed like there was a real sense of camaraderie at my Target this morning. People were filling carts, but not clearing the shelves indiscriminately. Most people seemed to be moms giddy that their morning errands had timed so well with the markdowns.

KrisM
01-12-2012, 06:08 PM
I hit a few Targets today and did okay. I only bought a couple things for myself, I bought a few things for friends, and a bunch for the PTO.

Tondi G
01-12-2012, 09:10 PM
I bought a few things at Target today.

Hotwheels video car for $17
Erector set (in a briefcase) with motor for $17.98
Air Hogs vectron wave battle for $8.98
Lego Meteor Strike game $7
zoobles set for $5 (there was a TON of zoobles stuff)
oh and a hex bug nano spiral ramp for $2.98

I almost bought might beans in the tin ... star wars and iron man ... they were $5

no deals on Lego other than the games above. A lot of the shelves were pretty picked over.

candaceb
01-12-2012, 09:28 PM
I went this morning looking primarily for 3 things - the Step 2 workbench (got it), the Leap Frog birthday cake (didn't find it), and the Little People Pirate Ship. We were there at 9:30 and there was one woman who had 2 carts overflowing and I heard her say that she didn't know if she could fit everything in her car. I spotted the LP Pirate Ship on the bottom of her cart and casually asked her if that was the last one or if she could tell me where they were because I didn't see them. She said it was the last one and asked if I wanted it:cheerleader1: I gladly took it from her and thanked her.

chlobo
01-12-2012, 10:11 PM
My Target was still only 50%. Am I the only one?

MomtoNico
01-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Mine were only 50 off too. I went to 3 of them. Not sure what to do now. I am so disappointed.

Tinkerbell313
01-12-2012, 11:07 PM
We had one aisle of clearance toys that was sparse. Some of the toys were 30% (with signs that say 30%); some were 50% (with signs that say 50%) and very few were 75%. The ones that were 75% were the generic toys (I don't remember the name...but the cheaper plastic toys that no one was buying even at 75%).

My Target stinks!!

zukeypur
01-13-2012, 12:09 AM
I still have an old leapster that dd3 plays with so that she feels like her big sisters with their DS and iPods, so I was on the hunt for games. I got a scooby doo game for $7.48, and I may stop by to get a few more games later. Apparently I'm the only one buying them because there is still the same number of games as there was last week.

PAfirsttimemom
01-13-2012, 12:22 AM
I still have an old leapster that dd3 plays with so that she feels like her big sisters with their DS and iPods, so I was on the hunt for games. I got a scooby doo game for $7.48, and I may stop by to get a few more games later. Apparently I'm the only one buying them because there is still the same number of games as there was last week.

I would love to find Scooby Doo. We still have an old Leapster, too, and DS1 is getting into Scooby these days. Did you find it in Clearance area or in the regular Leapfrog aisle?

zukeypur
01-13-2012, 11:19 AM
It was in the clearance aisle. They also had a game with Tiana on the front, spongebob, Madagascar penguins, and Up.

PAfirsttimemom
01-13-2012, 01:18 PM
It was in the clearance aisle. They also had a game with Tiana on the front, spongebob, Madagascar penguins, and Up.

Thanks. Yours had a great selection. The one I went to today had Star Wars Jedi Reading and Math. We have Math, so I picked up Reading. Not a wasted trip. Of course, I picked up a bunch of other stuff, and a latte at Starbucks, and goldfish for my 3 yr old, so I end up spending a lot to buy "clearance" toys. :-)

I would still really love to find Scooby, though. Tempted to go to another Target. Do you have the item # on it?

MomtoNico
01-13-2012, 04:39 PM
My store finally wne to 70 off today. I got there at just the right time too. They wouldnt scan things out of order so I would put toys that I wanted right next to where they were scanning when they werent looking. Haha- Then I would put the same toy in my cart- if there was more than one. I am getting good at this. I am not kidding when I say things were flying off the shelves. Spent 161 - but I got a ton of stuff.

bought 3 of these for 12 dollars each- too much for a kids gift?
http://www.amazon.com/Matchbox-Mega-Rig-Shark-Adventure/dp/B000OC2W50/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1326486607&sr=1-1

they usually spend about 10-15. But its worth about 40. My DS says its too much- since they will think they should give my DS the same back.

elbenn
01-13-2012, 05:19 PM
My Target was 70% off but was pretty wiped out. There were no legos or the lego star wars advent calendar which I was looking for. I did find 2 zip-it games (kind of like a quick version of bananagrams and made by the same company) for about $4 so I bought those.

Suebell
01-13-2012, 05:34 PM

I need to hit Target! I don't remember how far north are you (I'm way up in McKinney)? You might need to share with me which Target you are going to - the McKinney/Frisco ones never seem to be more than 30% off.

alien_host
01-13-2012, 05:46 PM
My store finally wne to 70 off today. I got there at just the right time too. They wouldnt scan things out of order so I would put toys that I wanted right next to where they were scanning when they werent looking. Haha- Then I would put the same toy in my cart- if there was more than one. I am getting good at this. I am not kidding when I say things were flying off the shelves. Spent 161 - but I got a ton of stuff.

LOL, that was smart, putting a duplicate in your cart!

I went to Plainville, MA today since I was out that way. Anyway, I got the Leapster Star Wars Math game for $7.48.

There weren't really and Lego sets, just an Atlantis one that I didn't want and some Ninjago Spinners, but they were only 50% off.

essnce629
01-13-2012, 06:08 PM
I just found out today that there's a really nice Target just a few blocks from DS1's school!!! So I went there at 8:30 this morning. They had a ton of toy stuff on clearance still but most of it was still just 50% off! Lots of Legos still and Lego Advent calendars, but they were all just 50% off, so I put them back. I found the Circo train/activity table for just $27, but decided not to get it since we already have a train table (that DS1 now uses as a Lego table), DS2 doesn't seem very interested in trains like DS1 was, and the box said it was only 15" high which seemed really short!!! The child on the box is pictured sitting on his knees. DS2 is already 38" tall so it seems like it would have limited use. Our Nilo train table is 20" tall, plus we have the extended legs on it now making it 24." So I ended up getting no toys, and just a few things from the dollar spot! I did find a bunch of Aquadoodle accessory sets for $1.88 at my regular Target yesterday: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00428ZTQG Picked up one so DS2 will have a spare water pen. The Amazon price is inflated. I think they're usually $5.

PAfirsttimemom
01-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Thanks. Yours had a great selection. The one I went to today had Star Wars Jedi Reading and Math. We have Math, so I picked up Reading. Not a wasted trip. Of course, I picked up a bunch of other stuff, and a latte at Starbucks, and goldfish for my 3 yr old, so I end up spending a lot to buy "clearance" toys. :-)

I would still really love to find Scooby, though. Tempted to go to another Target. Do you have the item # on it?

Update: I found the Scooby Leapster game (last one) at my regular Target Yay! Even was able to hide it and check out without DS1 seeing it, because my boys were running around like crazy kids instead of staying by my side. For once I just let them go. :-)

Then like a crazy person, I ended up dragging my kids back to the first Target I was at earlier today because I had left a Hot Wheels toy that I was thinking I really should have picked up for DS1's bday. I thought it was probably some crappy, flimsy, plastic track, but when I read the reviews they were great and it sounded like fun. It was an 8-foot-long, six-lane racetrack. This would have been perfect for racing our millions of Hot Wheels cars. Of course it was gone by the time we went back. Oh well. It would take up tons of space. Maybe I should be grateful I didn't get it.

Here are the few things I ended up with after my daylong Target quest:
Lego Bionicle watch
Bomb Blastin' Mater (for nephew bday)
Tron One Man Light Jet
Zero Gravity Finn McMissile RC car
2 Leapster games (Star Wars Jedi Reading and Scooby Doo Math Times Two)

zukeypur
01-13-2012, 07:44 PM
I need to hit Target! I don't remember how far north are you (I'm way up in McKinney)? You might need to share with me which Target you are going to - the McKinney/Frisco ones never seem to be more than 30% off.

I'm in Weatherford, west of Fort Worth. Definitely not worth the drive, lol.

essnce629
01-14-2012, 02:08 AM
So I ended up going back to the Northridge (Balboa Ave.) Target and picking up the train/activity table that I had seen earlier this morning! Figured I could get rid of the changing table in DS2's room and put it there. So even if he just gets a year out of it since it's short, I figured it's worth it for $27. And while I was there I saw a 2nd one. So if anyone else is in LA and looking for one it's standing up on it's side next to all the JumpSmart Trampoline's that are also on clearance. Since it's standing on it's side (thin side) it's easy to miss. It was also still labeled as $55 which is why no one probably bought it yet.

I also got a video gaming chair for DBF/DS1 for just $17 (marked down from $60). They had a bunch of them still. They're the Extreme XRocker video gaming chair.

MamaInMarch
01-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Our Target was pretty wiped of any toys that looks appropriate for DS or birthday of friends/nieces/nephews. However I did find an Imaginext Advent calender for $5.98 so I picked up one for DS for next Christmas and one for my BIL's kids.

This one: http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-W2848-FisherPrice-Imaginext/dp/B0056JIPAW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326583786&sr=8-1

Seitvonzu
01-15-2012, 01:07 PM
oh geepers-- we were in disneyworld for the last week and it looks like i completely missed the target fun :( oh well! my husband will probably be delighted :)

Choccie
01-15-2012, 02:10 PM
When will the 50% items mark down to 75%? I know there's a schedule for the mark downs but can't remember! Refresher please!

stillplayswithbarbies
01-16-2012, 02:23 AM
new stuff on the clearance shelf at my Target today.

Mindflex Duel for $23.xx was $99 and now $65 at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Mattel-T8498-Mindflex-Duel-Game/dp/B004GHNFKK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326694658&sr=8-1

Chuggington Die Cast Chugger Championship Rev'n Race Railway Deluxe Playset
was $50 now $14.98
http://www.amazon.com/Chuggington-Chugger-Championship-Railway-Playset/dp/B004TVGBP4/ref=sr_1_38?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1326694717&sr=1-38

Lego Atlantis Undersea Explorer set was ~40 now ~20
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-8080-Atlantis-Undersea-Explorer/dp/B003F7V6AI/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1326694828&sr=1-2

Lego Creator Emerald Night Train was $99 now $50.06
I think this was an online return
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-Emerald-Night-Train/dp/B001USDL02/ref=sr_1_4?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1326694879&sr=1-4
hmm what do I have here? it's going for $187 on Amazon? is this an old set?

Air Jam guitars are $5.98

and I got the Lego Advent Star Wars for $19.90, which is only half price.

PAfirsttimemom
01-16-2012, 10:15 AM
new stuff on the clearance shelf at my Target today.

Mindflex Duel for $23.xx was $99 and now $65 at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Mattel-T8498-Mindflex-Duel-Game/dp/B004GHNFKK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326694658&sr=8-1

Chuggington Die Cast Chugger Championship Rev'n Race Railway Deluxe Playset
was $50 now $14.98
http://www.amazon.com/Chuggington-Chugger-Championship-Railway-Playset/dp/B004TVGBP4/ref=sr_1_38?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1326694717&sr=1-38

Lego Atlantis Undersea Explorer set was ~40 now ~20
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-8080-Atlantis-Undersea-Explorer/dp/B003F7V6AI/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1326694828&sr=1-2

Lego Creator Emerald Night Train was $99 now $50.06
I think this was an online return
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-Emerald-Night-Train/dp/B001USDL02/ref=sr_1_4?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1326694879&sr=1-4
hmm what do I have here? it's going for $187 on Amazon? is this an old set?

Air Jam guitars are $5.98

and I got the Lego Advent Star Wars for $19.90, which is only half price.

My DS is almost 6 and is loving Legos. Is it worth is to buy sets at discount like the Undersea one to put away for the future? Amazon has it for $27 and change right now, so not much more than the "50% off" Target price. Do Legos ever get discounted to 70% or more? Or are they usually sold out at Target at 50%?

AJP
01-16-2012, 11:50 AM
One $27 circo table left in Haverhill, MA. I loaded it into my cart and then put it back since we really won't need it for a while. Box was opened but looked Luke nothing had really been moved/taken out. Not much else left that was exciting.

ett
01-16-2012, 11:50 AM
My DS is almost 6 and is loving Legos. Is it worth is to buy sets at discount like the Undersea one to put away for the future? Amazon has it for $27 and change right now, so not much more than the "50% off" Target price. Do Legos ever get discounted to 70% or more? Or are they usually sold out at Target at 50%?

It is very rare for Legos to be discounted more than 50%. That said, I would only get it if your DS is actually interested in the set. Sets get discontinued regularly so you probably won't be able to get that particular set in the future, but there will always be other sales.

AngelaS
01-16-2012, 11:54 AM
I went to our Target on Saturday. They had several aisles of marked down toys, but I only bought one....the Razor pogo stick, marked down from $80 to $40. My middle dd is going to be THRILLED when her birthday comes around in May. She's been asking for one for.ever but it wasn't something I was willing to spend a ton of money on. :)

FooMama
01-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Does anyone have an item number for the Circo train table? I would really like to find one without driving back and forth across California! TIA.

mominma
01-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Decided to take another look today and found some good deals -

Razor 360 Riprider Reg $100 for $44.98
Magna Doodle $5.98 (Toy Story 3 and Super Heroes)
Foam Letter Tiles $5.98 - reg 20

They had lots of big Chuggington sets, Big Tonka items 2 trampolines some kitchen sets and lots of other things we definitely did not need - I was proud for walking away with only a few things.

hellokitty
01-17-2012, 04:10 PM
I was surprised that our target still had some toy clearance today. I got two different pixar cars toys (one hot wheels set and another one that's on of those controller things on a track). I also snagged a pharoh lego set and two ninjago characters. I figure those will be good stocking stuffers for next yr.

MommyofAmaya
01-17-2012, 04:22 PM
I found a Hello Kitty Mega Bloks house (lego, not duplo size pieces) for $10 (70% off) and DD is CRAZY about it. She hasn't stopped playing with it since we got it on Sunday. She chose it over the Lego Friends treehouse that we gifted to a friend of hers.

http://www.target.com/p/Mega-Bloks-Hello-Kitty-House/-/A-13295162

AuGoldie
01-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Does anyone know if and when we'll see 90% or any further reductions??? There is a Target in my area that had tons of clearance so I'm interested in going back when it hits 90. Thanks!

alien_host
01-18-2012, 03:33 PM
I'd be curious if the toys go to 90% off, I read somewhere that Target can make more off salvaging stuff like toys since they get 20-25% of retail from some places. I suppose the write-off for a donation could net them more $ too than getting 10% from customers.

hellokitty
01-18-2012, 03:35 PM
I'd be curious if the toys go to 90% off, I read somewhere that Target can make more off salvaging stuff like toys since they get 20-25% of retail from some places. I suppose the write-off for a donation could net them more $ too than getting 10% from customers.

I haven't seen target go to 90% on toys for a while, esp clothes, toys and home things. The only time I see it get down to 90% is seasonal stuff, like halloween, xmas, etc..

AuGoldie
01-18-2012, 03:49 PM
I haven't seen target go to 90% on toys for a while, esp clothes, toys and home things. The only time I see it get down to 90% is seasonal stuff, like halloween, xmas, etc..

I purchased a play wonders kitchen at 90% around summertime 2011.... hopefully we'll see toy clearance go to 90!