PDA

View Full Version : Genie Bra!

DietCokeLover
01-11-2012, 01:14 PM
I hate bras. But, I am not someone who can go without.

I was in Target yesterday and saw these and thought I remembered someone on here (Jo maybe) being really excited about these. So, figured I would give it a try.

LOVE! LOVE! Did I mention love? So comfortable. Enough support. No uniboob.

LOVE!

hillview
01-11-2012, 01:26 PM
ok what size are you (sorry TMI) I am a 34c/d

caffeinedreams
01-11-2012, 08:06 PM
I just spotted this yesterday but assumed it was no good--sounds like I need to pick it up next time I'm out!

cckwmh
01-11-2012, 09:09 PM
does is really provide support and shape you? I feel like I would be be like Teepees as I don't have the most shapely rack without an underwire and lining.

DietCokeLover
01-11-2012, 09:14 PM
ok what size are you (sorry TMI) I am a 34c/d

Sorry, not going to share my size on here, but I am a little larger than you.

hillview
01-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Sorry, not going to share my size on here, but I am a little larger than you.
thanks -- sorry didn't mean to pry just wanted to see if it would work for larger sizes vs a/b cups. totally understand!
thanks!

essnce629
01-11-2012, 11:05 PM
My best friend who only buys expensive bras at Nordstrom was just raving to me about this bra yesterday!!!! She totally convinced me that I should go out and get one! I haven't yet, but will look for it at Target next time we go. She got it at CVS! Pack of two for $20.

elektra
01-11-2012, 11:46 PM
What about headlights? Is the fabric thick enough or lined or something so that you can't see anything through ? I think it might be worth trying if they are really two for $20 though!

MichelleRC
01-12-2012, 06:28 PM
I LOVE these! My mom picked up a 3 pack for me at BJ's a while back and I immediately sent her back for another. I am a 34 a/b and wear the XS/S. Seriously, I LOVE these. No tags, no scratchy things, a little lift, it is all good. Not the sexiest looking bras, but I don't care.

artvandalay
01-12-2012, 07:00 PM
OK I will put in my 2 cents on these genie bras.

My sister and I were out one evening after a very fun night and stopped into CVS. Giggling, we found the "As Seen On TV" section and on a whim both picked up a box (mine came in a 2 pack , one black, one tan).... and I also picked up a pair of pajama jeans :bag

I will say they are very comfortable, but they do not "hoist" my girls up... at all. In fact, I don't like wearing them if I am going out, but around the house? Sure. They are comfy and there is no pinching or digging.

Did someone ask about headlights? There is a small "pad" that is in a pocket that can be removed or moved around... so it will prevent any "nipplage" showing. After I wash them those pads are always moved around so I have to shove them back in place.

I either wear a 34C or 36B, so I'm not terribly busty... but my girls are not as perky as they used to be. I just need more support than these give, and they are not flattering on me.

I don't know if I would repurchase them. Right now I wear them around the house when I just want to feel good.... maybe days I am also wearing my pajama jeans :hysterical: which I will also say I would never wear to bed. They are decent lounge pants. They are thick and closer to yoga pants, but I guess "yoga jeans" is not as catchy ;). I don't wear these out of the house, either.

elektra
01-12-2012, 07:13 PM
OK I will put in my 2 cents on these genie bras.

My sister and I were out one evening after a very fun night and stopped into CVS. Giggling, we found the "As Seen On TV" section and on a whim both picked up a box (mine came in a 2 pack , one black, one tan).... and I also picked up a pair of pajama jeans :bag

I will say they are very comfortable, but they do not "hoist" my girls up... at all. In fact, I don't like wearing them if I am going out, but around the house? Sure. They are comfy and there is no pinching or digging.

Did someone ask about headlights? There is a small "pad" that is in a pocket that can be removed or moved around... so it will prevent any "nipplage" showing. After I wash them those pads are always moved around so I have to shove them back in place.

I either wear a 34C or 36B, so I'm not terribly busty... but my girls are not as perky as they used to be. I just need more support than these give, and they are not flattering on me.

I don't know if I would repurchase them. Right now I wear them around the house when I just want to feel good.... maybe days I am also wearing my pajama jeans :hysterical: which I will also say I would never wear to bed. They are decent lounge pants. They are thick and closer to yoga pants, but I guess "yoga jeans" is not as catchy ;). I don't wear these out of the house, either.

I was the one who asked about the headlights. That pad sounds annoying, but again for $10, I might like it as an "around the house" bra. I hate "wasting" my nicer bras when I am literally in the house all day long with nobody seeing me except the kids, DH and the sitter. I was just telling myself yesterday that I should just wear sportbras at home although I don't love the constricting feeling of those after a whole day either.

artvandalay
01-12-2012, 07:30 PM
I might like it as an "around the house" bra. I hate "wasting" my nicer bras when I am literally in the house all day long with nobody seeing me except the kids, DH and the sitter. I was just telling myself yesterday that I should just wear sportbras at home although I don't love the constricting feeling of those after a whole day either.

Get a pair. They are so cheap it's worth it to try them out. They are very comfortable and perfect "around the house" bras. Let us know what you think!