PDA

View Full Version : Syncing between Kindle and Android Kindle app?

KrisM
01-11-2012, 01:43 PM
I think this should work. I can sync my Kindle Touch to the app, if I've most recently read on my phone. But, if I read on the Kindle, I can't make the app sync and I have to manually go through the pages. It says it's syncing, but it's not. Any ideas on what I need to do to make it work?

artvandalay
01-11-2012, 01:56 PM
I think this should work. I can sync my Kindle Touch to the app, if I've most recently read on my phone. But, if I read on the Kindle, I can't make the app sync and I have to manually go through the pages. It says it's syncing, but it's not. Any ideas on what I need to do to make it work?

No clue, but I'll be watching this thread. I was hesitant to download the Kindle app because the reviews were pretty mixed for the latest version. If you read the reviews, quite a few people mention their phone not syncing correctly with their Kindle.

KrisM
01-11-2012, 02:17 PM
When I posted, I was chatting with a clueless Amazon agent. He first told me it wasn't supported at all by Amazon. When I pointed out where it says they do, he told me it's only for Kindle 3G. I then pointed out that it doesn't say that on the app page and said goodbye.

A little more Googling got me the answer.
First, you have to have annotations turned on on the Kindle.
Then, you have to exit to your home screen on the Kindle.
This things will make it upload your last page to Amazon so that your phone can get it. It worked on the first try and I'm set.

Funny thing, I went to my email to answer the 'did I answer your question' email from Amazon and he had finally come up with the right answer. Ugh.