PDA

View Full Version : A PayPal/Blog Purchase WWYD

Wife_and_mommy
01-11-2012, 04:19 PM
I recently found a home design blog that I've enjoyed reading. The designer who writes it does online design plans for a fee. Her instructions state to pay via PayPal and then email her with pics and info.

On Friday nt. I purchased a design plan via Paypal and expected I'd hear from her by Monday with a simple "look forward to working with you" email.

By Tuesday a.m., when I still didn't receive any response I thought maybe she was waiting on my info email and got that sent out in the afternoon.

Here it is Wed. afternoon and I've yet to hear from her. I'm slightly concerned that I may have been taken but as I said, it all seems legit. I Just don't know if I should give her more time(!) or start a paypal dispute for my fee. Due to not hearing a word from her, I don't know what might be happening on her end. FWIW, she has blogged twice since Friday so she's not been incapacitated.

Ugh. Ive been anticipating this for several weeks and am so far very disappointed. Not to mention I have a painter coming in 3.5 weeks and I need help choosing a color!

Thanks for reading. WWYD?

Reina
01-11-2012, 04:23 PM
did you email her?

Wife_and_mommy
01-11-2012, 04:33 PM
did you email her?

Yes, on Tuesday afternoon.

minnie-zb
01-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Chances are it is going to be okay, but she doesn't sound very professional. I don't think there's any guarantee she's going to be working on the timeline you want.

If you haven't heard from her by tomorrow, maybe send a followup email saying something like: I apologize, before sending payment I should have asked some questions about the timeline. Let her know you need the work done by a certain date and if she doesn't think it is possible, I'd let her know you would like a refund.

You might not have had a response because she's inundated with emails and requests.

Can you tell us who it is? Or give a hint? I read several design blogs who do this and I've very curious! :)

Wife_and_mommy
01-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Figures...I found another email address for her and sent one as a last resort. Not 5 minutes later I get the email I've been waiting for for 3 days.

Minnie, if you pm me i'll let you know who the blogger is. I'd rather not share it publicly.

Thanks for your responses.

minnie-zb
01-11-2012, 05:19 PM
That's great! I hope she does a great job. :cheerleader1:

Decorating is fun, but stressful.

I'm going to keep my blogging innocence and not ask who it is.

kaitlyns.mom
01-11-2012, 05:36 PM
If you didn't send your photo or info until yesterday I would give at least another day before sending a second e-mail asking for confirmation that she received your photo. JM2C.

ETA: Sorry, missed the update. Fun! I would love to know also if you are willing to share via PM... I've been thinking about doing this as well.