PDA

View Full Version : Are these good deals for Melissa and Doug products?

momm
01-11-2012, 06:09 PM
The few Melisa &Doug (http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?ie=UTF8&tag=fromonedesimo-20&linkCode=ur2&docId=1000762981&camp=1789&creative=390957)puzzles DS has used, he has loved. They seem to be having a sale on Amazon

M&D at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?ie=UTF8&tag=fromonedesimo-20&linkCode=ur2&docId=1000762981&camp=1789&creative=390957)

Are these good deals? Good products?

I'm kinda also tempted to stock up a couple as gifts.

LMPC
01-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Meh, the kitchen is an okay deal, I think, but the rest aren't IMO. Amazon inflates their prices, and so what looks like a discount, isn't. I would check out camelcamelcamel.com to see what the lowest prices are...or at least get an idea of what they have been in the past. :)

magnoliaparadise
01-12-2012, 06:17 AM
I once called M and D about something else and happened to ask what sites had best discounts on their toys. They said:
Gummylump
and Fat Brain

Gummylump has 20% off always - if you have any customer service questions you have to almost always leave a vm, which is a bit of a drag, but someone really does get back to you.

I am looking to buy party favors and was noticing on Fat Brain (think this is the name of the site), it says if you have a big purchase, they'll give you 50% off... don't know what counts as a big purchase, but I thought I'd call them. One problem about M and D as party favors is that it is very 'gender' specific (at least if you want to stereotype) - ie trains/cars vs. princesses/wands to color/paste glue. This is disadvantageous for two reasons: 1) I can see some friends getting annoyed that I'm segregating the toys and giving girls one thing and boys another (and I wanted to wrap them - but I can overcome this by just putting them out and whoever wants whichever gift can go for it; 2) in terms of buying, since you're not buying one item, I'm not sure it'll count as a big purchase for a discount if you're doing Fat Brain. And 3) if you have gender stuff, you generally have to get more than you'd normally get just in case all kids end up wanting one of the type (ie all kids go for the train or car, etc.)

anonomom
01-12-2012, 12:13 PM
If you have an ac Moore near you, they tend to have a large M&D selection that goes on sale often. I remember in the months leading up to christmas, they seemed to have them all at 50 percent off at least every other week. Otherwise, you can always use the 40 or 50 percent off coupons they have in the paper or on their website. That will only buy you one toy at a time, but it's still a good deal.