PDA

View Full Version : DS is going to back-up daycare tomorrow . . .

mom3boys
01-11-2012, 10:54 PM
And I need some guidance. We have a nanny and I have used back-up care only once nearly 5 years ago. I don't remember what we did for bottles then.

DS3 is 6 mo. old, we are using formula during the day. Obviously I need to bring his food, but do I make all the bottles up and send them that way (which means they'd need to refrigerate them at the daycare and then warm them a bit for DS), or send the powder formula and I guess the water, and the bottles, and they make up the bottle there?

Also, do I need to label everything? I'm not sure I even own tape or whatever you use to label bottles.

DS is going for tomorrow only. I want to have everything properly prepared but, don't want to make more effort to prepare than is needed for 1 day, KWIM?

vonfirmath
01-12-2012, 12:50 AM
It really depends on the backup daycare

Our backup daycare is another mother so I sent a bottle and formula and wrote up instructions on how to make.

This is what I did when she first started church nursery (Turned out not to be needed. She's not their first formula baby)

mom3boys
01-12-2012, 01:14 AM
This is a licensed day care facility . . . IDK about the labeling but maybe I'll bring the formula separately in a pre-measured container (which I have) then if they tell me it needs to be mixed up beforehand I'll literally throw it in the bottles before I leave for the day.
Since it's a facility I'm sure they must have mixed up bottles unless their entire population is BF'd.

I'm so used to having someone come to my house and know exactly what they are doing!