PDA

View Full Version : Convertible carseat deal?

Melaine
01-12-2012, 09:39 AM
My friend is looking for a deal for a convertible for her 1 year old. She wants a decent rearfacing limit and a quality, safe seat. She has marathons for her older kids.

I'm out of the game so I wasn't sure what other seats to recommend. There are some seats marked down at AlbeeBaby: http://www.albeebaby.com/closeout-covertible-car-seats.html

Any comments on the MyRide (as a seat and on this price, $119) or any other deals or recommendations on convertibles?
http://www.albeebaby.com/graco-my-ride-65-streamer-8l00smr.html

Thanks!

legaleagle
01-12-2012, 11:41 AM
If her older kids are ff'ing, would she be open to buying them a harness-to-booster seat and passing the convertible to the baby?

Melaine
01-12-2012, 11:49 AM
If her older kids are ff'ing, would she be open to buying them a harness-to-booster seat and passing the convertible to the baby?

I don't think so. They are very small for their ages and can stay in them for awhile. They are twins too, so getting one would mean buying two. :tongue5: Plus, the seat would probably expire before DC3 was finished with it.

legaleagle
01-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Ah, makes sense. I imagine with twins you can't upgrade just one of them anyway!

I think that's a pretty good deal on the myride and for small kids should last a long time. I know some people have concerns with it being overly reclined ff'ing but if she's planning on ERF, I personally wouldn't worry about it that much, at that price.

legaleagle
01-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Also, I'm assuming 3 across is not an issue?

Melaine
01-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Also, I'm assuming 3 across is not an issue?

Not an issue, they have a big van.

mum-to-be
01-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Completely OT, but Melaine, I just noticed your siggie! Congrats on expecting ONE BOY!

Melaine
01-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Completely OT, but Melaine, I just noticed your siggie! Congrats on expecting ONE BOY!

:bighand:Thank you!!! I am so excited.