PDA

View Full Version : Proud mama moment--just had to share

HIU8
01-12-2012, 11:29 AM
My DD, in Pre-K, was just invited to come and take early reader books from the K classroom at her school. She is reading the Bob series at home with me. She wanted books to read at school, but the books in her classroom are more for the teachers to read to the class (DD wants to read herself). The K class has a series called Pat (each book works on a different 2 letter combo). She is so excited to go today to get a book from the K class.

JoyNChrist
01-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Aw, yay for your DD! We have an early reader too and it's been really fun to watch him get excited about reading.

HIU8
01-12-2012, 01:05 PM
I feel like I finally get to experience a NT child. I sort of feel my view about things has been skewed b/c of DS. I know DD is my second child, but I've always felt I was experiencing certain milestones for the first time with her (and then DS followed really soon after).

crl
01-12-2012, 01:21 PM
I feel like I finally get to experience a NT child. I sort of feel my view about things has been skewed b/c of DS. I know DD is my second child, but I've always felt I was experiencing certain milestones for the first time with her (and then DS followed really soon after).

I know this feeling. I am glad your daughter is enjoying reading so much!

Catherine

smiles33
01-12-2012, 01:34 PM
That is so wonderful! What a nice "privilege" to offer your daughter. I bet she feels special going up to the kindergarten room to pick out books.

oneplustwo
01-12-2012, 03:57 PM
That is so cool that they are offering this to her at school. She must feel so proud!

SkyrMommy
01-12-2012, 04:00 PM
:applause: Great job to her! Enjoy your evening listening to her read, so exciting!