PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Mom Changes

AshUVA
01-12-2012, 05:40 PM
I just received an email from Amazon detailing changes to their Amazon Mom program. Looks like you will now have to sign up for Prime ($79 per year) in order to continue to get the additional Amazon Mom discount! Here's an excerpt from the email:

The Amazon Mom program is changing in 2012 and we want to make sure you know about it. Some of these changes affect your membership. Here's how:

Starting on January 24, 2012, the maximum discount available on diapers and wipes subscriptions will be 20%. This includes a 5% Subscribe & Save discount plus an additional 15% exclusively for Amazon Mom members who are earning free shipping benefits or have an active Amazon Prime membership.

Customers who join Amazon Mom in 2012 will get three months of FREE Two-Day Shipping benefits. However, as a founding member of the Amazon Mom program, you were eligible to earn up to one year total of free shipping benefits. Once the initial free period is over, customers can join Amazon Prime to continue to receive full access to Amazon Mom and Amazon Prime benefits.

To continue receiving the Amazon Mom diapers and wipes discount once your free shipping benefits end, you can join Amazon Prime for $79/year. As a Prime member you'll receive:

20% off diapers and wipes subscriptions with Amazon Mom and Subscribe & Save.
FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items.
Unlimited instant streaming of thousands of videos with a wide range of content for the whole family, including Sesame Street and Phineas and Ferb.
A Kindle book to borrow for free each month from the Kindle Owners' Lending Library.
Membership sharing benefits: invite up to four household members to share your shipping benefits for free.

aahjed
01-12-2012, 05:42 PM
I just saw this too! It was good while it lasted. And it still is typically cheaper than diapers.com

miallen22074
01-12-2012, 05:49 PM
i just got this email as well.
bummer
i'm finding that more and more amazon is not worth it.
have been using my shoprunner free subscription more

calv
01-12-2012, 05:55 PM
wait, but doesn't it still sound like you can ear a free year?

according to this -

However, as a founding member of the Amazon Mom program, you were eligible to earn up to one year total of free shipping benefits. Once the initial free period is over, customers can join Amazon Prime to continue to receive full access to Amazon Mom and Amazon Prime benefits.

veronica
01-12-2012, 05:57 PM
not for any "new" amazon mom accounts. And, they waitlisted the program in the fall, so if you joined amazon mom around oct, it sounds like you may extend up until Jan. 24 of this year and then have to pay prime, correct?

AshUVA
01-12-2012, 05:57 PM

according to this -

However, as a founding member of the Amazon Mom program, you were eligible to earn up to one year total of free shipping benefits. Once the initial free period is over, customers can join Amazon Prime to continue to receive full access to Amazon Mom and Amazon Prime benefits.

My free year ends in March so I will have to pay for Prime to continue the benefits after that time. I don't think new memebers will be able to get more than the first 3 months of Prime free.

poohbear
01-12-2012, 06:02 PM

according to this -

My free year ends in March so I will have to pay for Prime to continue the benefits after that time. I don't think new memebers will be able to get more than the first 3 months of Prime free.

:yeahthat:
My understanding is that if you want to receive the 20% off subscribe and save, you have to pay the $79 a year for amazon prime. I was thinking about continuing prime anyway, but I'm not sure if it's worth it if you just want the diaper discount.... Oh well... it was nice while it lasted!

ETA - you can no longer add an extra delivery either if you were still receiving 30% off diapers. That's icky.

Snow mom
01-12-2012, 06:09 PM
ETA - you can no longer add an extra delivery either if you were still receiving 30% off diapers. That's icky.

Poo on Amazon! I just went to do an extra delivery (had put it off as I was traveling through yesterday and didn't want them delivered while I was gone) and saw the same thing. Live chatting now...

ETA: After about half an hour and lots of confusion they price adjusted a one-time order at the 30% prime price as an "extra order". I am a paying prime member. Luckily I was able to catch up on the boards while trying to communicate that they had offered to price adjust to $xx.xx not what they did price adjust to (above the current s&s price!)

wellyes
01-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Nice while it lasted. I'm not going to complain, we got 2 free years of prime out of it.

So going forward Prime is a good deal - streaming videos, kindle loans, now an extra 15% off diapers.

Shoprunner probably isn't that successful since they keep giving it away for free.

Myira
01-12-2012, 06:22 PM
I can no longer change the diaper size and I am paying for prime since amazon mom expired so my diapers are still at 30% off. Anyone had this happen? Going to contact them now.

poohbear
01-12-2012, 06:24 PM
I can no longer change the diaper size and I am paying for prime since amazon mom expired so my diapers are still at 30% off. Anyone had this happen? Going to contact them now.

They seem to have locked out the options. Sounds like on Jan 24, discount will go down to 20% off IF you pay for prime.

I'm wondering if the secondary account is eligible for amazon mom savings. My guess is no...

Beth24
01-12-2012, 07:03 PM
:yeahthat:
My understanding is that if you want to receive the 20% off subscribe and save, you have to pay the $79 a year for amazon prime. I was thinking about continuing prime anyway, but I'm not sure if it's worth it if you just want the diaper discount.... Oh well... it was nice while it lasted!

Yep I just tryed it as soon as I got my email! I guess they thought ahead...I was going to order 4 boxes!

artvandalay
01-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Whoah. Just saw this on their facebook page. I read the comments... major backlash... like Netflix type of backlash.

We are supposed to get free Prime until March, but my email says it is ending Jan 24..... so I am scratching my head here.

It's officially in DH's account (I added myself as an add-on). I will check his account and find out what is going on.

twowhat?
01-12-2012, 07:09 PM
I got the email today too but found it confusing...if I was a "founding member" and have already used my 1 year of 2d FS benefits, can I sign up again in 2012 to get another 3 months of 2d FS (I would sign up 3 months prior to the holidays of course)? Or am I not eligible for the 2012 3-month 2d FS?

It does sound like they're doing away with the 1-year free prime shipping, bummer.

wellyes
01-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Not surprising people are complaining but this seems like good business sense to me (unlike Netflix). They earned a big market share for diapers, crushed/acquired a few rivals and are now decreasing the discount because they can.

twowhat, one free trial per member. Your SO can join for the 3month trial, but for just 20% off.

Whoah. Just saw this on their facebook page. I read the comments... major backlash... like Netflix type of backlash.

We are supposed to get free Prime until March, but my email says it is ending Jan 24..... so I am scratching my head here.

It's officially in DH's account (I added myself as an add-on). I will check his account and find out what is going on.

It says existing members can earn up to a year, so I think you're fine.
New members can only earn 3 month free and no new members after 1/24, was my interpretation.

lele
01-12-2012, 07:23 PM
I just changed mine from every 6 months to every one month & my next delivery is between the 27th and 29th. Hoping to get one more in before the 30% discount goes away.

artvandalay
01-12-2012, 07:37 PM
It says existing members can earn up to a year, so I think you're fine.
New members can only earn 3 month free and no new members after 1/24, was my interpretation.

I hope. It's just confusing because my email specifically says my prime is ending 1/24 and after that I can purchase Prime if I choose to.

Oh well. It was good while it lasted. I won't hesitate to pay the $79. I rely heavily on Amazon and especially with winter coming will continue to make many purchases.

And, the free Kindle library lending is icing on the cake, too. I couldn't use the Kindle Lending through Amazon Mom Prime.... it's only offered through the 'paid' Prime.

KrystalS
01-12-2012, 08:56 PM
I paid for Prime back in August because I got the Amazon student discount, I paid $39 for the year. Even with just 20% discount Amazon is still cheaper than other places.

I haven't tried yet but it sounds like others are having problems ordering extra deliveries at the discounted price? I was going to stock up while I'm still getting the 30% off.

MommyAllison
01-12-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm not too frustrated since we cloth diaper anyway, but it seems that paying for Prime to get the 20% off only works if you are the primary on Prime. My mom has Prime, and I'm one of her 4 "friends", but my email still says that I have to pay for prime to get the 20%. That's lame.

Kaylee31
01-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Nice while it lasted. I'm not going to complain, we got 2 free years of prime out of it.

So going forward Prime is a good deal - streaming videos, kindle loans, now an extra 15% off diapers.

Shoprunner probably isn't that successful since they keep giving it away for free.

:yeahthat: I also got 2 free years of Prime, so I can't complain either. I know deals can't last forever. Plus I have saved a lot of money with all the diaper discounts (remember the additional 20% off stackable coupons last year?), free shipping w/no minimum order, and no taxes.
The prime cost is worth it to me b/c I use Amazon a LOT, mainly for buying baby stuff, but many other things too. The FS and S&S is first and foremost, but the streaming & Kindle library is a huge plus.
I have used ShopRunner a few times w/my free trial and it's been nice, but I would never pay for it.

Sidney
01-12-2012, 10:09 PM
I'm a bit confused. I had Amazon Mom which just expired and purchased the regular Prime so I still have the 30% discount on diapers and wipes. So with these changes, I will be losing the 30% and going down to 20%?

ang79
01-12-2012, 10:25 PM
I just looked at my account and see that they have blocked any extra orders of baby products, but I can change my next shipment date (though the earliest is Feb. I really needed to order wipes too! I'm guessing that if I change my order date to Feb. that they are going to only give me the 20% discount rather than my current 30% discount? Anyone know for sure before I switch my subscription?

poohbear
01-12-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm a bit confused. I had Amazon Mom which just expired and purchased the regular Prime so I still have the 30% discount on diapers and wipes. So with these changes, I will be losing the 30% and going down to 20%?

Correct, as of January 24, it will go down to 20% per the email.

kaharris83
01-12-2012, 10:37 PM
I just looked at my account and see that they have blocked any extra orders of baby products, but I can change my next shipment date (though the earliest is Feb. I really needed to order wipes too! I'm guessing that if I change my order date to Feb. that they are going to only give me the 20% discount rather than my current 30% discount? Anyone know for sure before I switch my subscription?

They blocked me from ordering any more at the 30% discount too.

Sidney
01-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Correct, as of January 24, it will go down to 20% per the email.

Lame.

I don't like how I can't order extra shipments if I need something.

kaharris83
01-12-2012, 11:10 PM
I just went in and changed the day I receive my deliveries which is listed at the top of the Subscribe and Save page in your account to the 23rd. Then I changed the number of units every month to 4 and it defaulted to Feburary for my next delivery, but it has a drop down that let me change it to January. So now it says I'll be getting 4 between January 21-23. HTH someone else!!

star04
01-12-2012, 11:19 PM
I just went in and changed the day I receive my deliveries which is listed at the top of the Subscribe and Save page in your account to the 23rd. Then I changed the number of units every month to 4 and it defaulted to Feburary for my next delivery, but it has a drop down that let me change it to January. So now it says I'll be getting 4 between January 21-23. HTH someone else!!

There's no January option for me! :(

ETA: N/M I got it! Thanks so much!!!

mollyrryan
01-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Awesome - thank you for the tip!!! It worked for me too!

zukeypur
01-13-2012, 12:15 AM
I just ordered a shipment earlier this week, thankfully. I just Changed it to once a month, so hopefully i will get a delivery in February.

soupmom
01-13-2012, 12:21 AM
No January option for me either. Oh well, it was great while it lasted.

Suebell
01-13-2012, 12:21 AM

Thank you!

Beth24
01-13-2012, 12:39 AM
Thanks. I just changed mine too. We will see if it works!

GvilleGirl
01-13-2012, 12:45 AM
There is no January option for me. Thinking it is probably because I have a 10th-12th delivery date. I understand they want to change it, but the fact that they aren't allowing extra deliveries is frustrating me.

Suebell
01-13-2012, 12:59 AM
There is no January option for me. Thinking it is probably because I have a 10th-12th delivery date. I understand they want to change it, but the fact that they aren't allowing extra deliveries is frustrating me.

Change the delivery date to the 23rd (I kept trying different dates but they all showed February delivery dates).

babyonway
01-13-2012, 01:06 AM
Thank u so much for that tip. I hope it works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

jacobsdad
01-13-2012, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the info. on how to get an extra order in January. I have two questions regarding this. I have always just ordered an extra shipment when needed so..
1. Do you find out the price before they ship? I know they change almost daily so I don't want to order a large number to find out the price went up dramatically the day they were shipped.
2. I clipped the coupon for Huggies. Will this still be applied when the S&S shipment is done?

I read about an e-mail confirmation before they ship. Does this have all this pricing info. in it? Thanks.

kaharris83
01-13-2012, 01:36 AM
Mine is sched for 23rd and I immediately got an email saying they would be shipping my order in the coming week. It lists the price charged in the email and says you can change or cancel if you do it quickly. It says the price will be whatever price is listed on the day you place your order. So if you order today you are subject to todays price.

Kaylee31
01-13-2012, 02:13 AM

Thank you! Worked for me. I changed mine to 2 boxes to be delivered the 23rd.

kali
01-13-2012, 02:29 AM
WOW, they have certainly made it confusing! Prime, Amazon Mom, fluctuating S&S discounts, different benefits and deadlines for different programs / subscriptions / items...

We thought Prime was worth the annual fee long before Amazon Mom was created (have been Prime members since 2007), and I fully intended to sign up for a paid Prime subscription once my Amazon Mom benefits ran out. However, Amazon's recent antics have actually REALLY put me off the company! At this point, I'm not sure if we will pay for Prime membership when my Amazon Mom runs out in March.

FWIW, for my older child, we always bought diapers/wipes either on sale with coupons at big box stores (TRU/BRU, Target, Costco). Kirkland diapers are exactly the same as Huggies Supreme (or whatever they're called these days) and much cheaper, especially if you stock up when they have coupons. And I think that Kirkland wipes are well above average quality, too.

poppy
01-13-2012, 03:06 AM
FWIW, for my older child, we always bought diapers/wipes either on sale with coupons at big box stores (TRU/BRU, Target, Costco). Kirkland diapers are exactly the same as Huggies Supreme (or whatever they're called these days) and much cheaper, especially if you stock up when they have coupons. And Kirkland wipes are well above average, too.[/QUOTE]

Is it cheaper at Costco than Amazon? It's about $41 plus tax for size 6 and I think there's a little less than 140 diapers, even with a $5 off coupon it would be about $36 w/tax. I find Kirkland brand a little smaller than the regular Huggies so I size up. Amazon has Huggies Movers size 5, 100 diapers for a little less than $24 with the 30% off, no tax. I'd rather buy at Costco if it were cheaper but I don't find it so. Correct me if I'm wrong b/c I'd certainly like to get diapers as cheap as possible. (I won't shop at BRU for diapers though b/c I am not a big fan of their c/s; much prefer Amazon to BRU).

Also, thanks to the person who posted about adding the extra units.

babyzolo
01-13-2012, 07:06 AM
Before S&S discounts I would buy at local CVS, Walgreens, and Target, depending on sales and coupons. I made out fairly well, but it was a lot of running around. I will need to compare the numbers to see if it is worth it cost and convenience wise. We use Pampers so Costco is not an option. BJs sometimes had good prices and coupons too.

I too am annoyed at the frequent changes to the program. They got us hooked and now they are taking benefits away. Bait and switch!

WatchingThemGrow
01-13-2012, 07:28 AM
I just tried it, and it says they are updating it. It will take up to 2 hours to change my delivery date, so I will get an email when it had changed.

ang79
01-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Thanks to the PP who mentioned changing the subscription day so that you can get a Jan. shipment! I'm hoping that we will be out of diapers soon but I love the Huggies wipes I get from Amazon and use them for lots of things other than diaper changes. I put in for a shipment for Jan. 23 but have only got the emails saying my subscription has changed dates. Will they send a shipping soon email so that I can make sure I'll be getting the 30% discount?

I just told a friend of mine that I would order dipes/wipes for her son if it worked out to be cheaper than the ones she gets at Sam's Club, since they are super tight on money right now. She was going to double check what she pays at Sam's and get back to me, but I'm sure it will be too late to place an order for her before those prices go up :(

GvilleGirl
01-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Thank! Changing the date worked! I won't need diaps for a few months now!

Snow mom
01-13-2012, 09:47 AM
How are people changing the date to January? The earliest I can select is Feb. 1 and I think that will be too late for the 30%.

NM, figured it out. Change the date to something around the 20th (a date that hasn't happened for Jan. yet) and they'll let you select Jan. as the month. I had my subscriptions set for the 15th and Feb. was the earliest option. Now I just wish I had started a 3t-4t subscription for pull-ups while it was still 30%.

secchick
01-13-2012, 10:29 AM
I now have 6 extra boxes of diapers and two boxes of wipes on the way (and thank goodness I already did the change the size in the subscription trick). I am pretty sure that from now on I will just buy at Costco. What ticks me off is that we did go to paid prime when our Amazon Mom free prime expired in November, but at the time, DH's credit card was giving extra cash back for amazon purchases so we did it on his account, but it is still dinging me for the extra Amazon Mom discount unless I put the paid prime in my name. I know he can cancel and they will pro rate and I can put it back in my name (which will make things easier because I have a kindle and the roku is hooked up to my account for streaming), but it is still a PITA to do.

Amazon kind of sucks.

wellyes
01-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Amazon sucks because without paying for prime, you get 20% off+credit card cash back instead of 30% off? If Costco is cheaper, go for it, but I'm not seeing how Amazon is a villain here.

secchick
01-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Amazon sucks because without paying for prime, you get 20% off+credit card cash back instead of 30% off? If Costco is cheaper, go for it, but I'm not seeing how Amazon is a villain here.

No, what sucks is that I DO have paid prime that they are not giving me the benefit of it. Our paid prime (had it for years before Amazon Mom) has always been me and DH only, so it's not as if I was cheating by sharing an account with a bunch of strangers. With the lesser discount, Costco is cheaper. Amazon usually doesn't participate in credit card cash back. It is usually a pretty limited promotion and not commonly done (at least on our credit cards).

ETA, I just hate change and they constantly switch things up. Could they not have put this out at the same time as when they cut the discount in November? I remember how I used to love those promos that they would do when you would get a $30 credit when you would buy $100 in diapers. Those were the days. Then they did S&S. Then they cut the discount on S&S unless you were in Amazon Mom. Then they cut the Amazon Mom discount. Now you only get 5% unless you are in Amazon Mom (and I think joining is still suspended/waitlisted), AND you have paid prime. Before they were just shifting around how the discounts were given. Recently, they just keep cutting and cutting. Certainly it is their right, but I can also choose not to play their game any more, if it is not the cheapest or most convenient option.

lil_acorn
01-13-2012, 10:48 AM
How are people changing the date to January? The earliest I can select is Feb. 1 and I think that will be too late for the 30%.

NM, figured it out. Change the date to something around the 20th (a date that hasn't happened for Jan. yet) and they'll let you select Jan. as the month. I had my subscriptions set for the 15th and Feb. was the earliest option. Now I just wish I had started a 3t-4t subscription for pull-ups while it was still 30%.

how do you change the date?

vtmom
01-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Thanks! Just changed the date so we are getting enough wipes to last for a while!

veronica
01-13-2012, 11:00 AM
pretty much, as far as diapers go, there isn't much of a point. Initially S&S was 15% standard for anyone plus another 15% for amazon moms. Then it went to 5% standard and 15% for moms. now, the 15% for moms is only if there is a paid prime membership. well, what about those of us who split accounts like the person below and me? these are fair, split memberships. so , the one person who shows as "paid prime" is waitlisted to even join amazon mom and the "non-paid person" had the amazon mom but can't get the benefit of even that 15% additional. sucks, sucks , sucks. and all of the above is not taking into account the crazy discounts from last year that were all additional, and yes, we knew they would not last and those deals were stellar.

No, what sucks is that I DO have paid prime that they are not giving me the benefit of it. Our paid prime (had it for years before Amazon Mom) has always been me and DH only, so it's not as if I was cheating by sharing an account with a bunch of strangers. With the lesser discount, Costco is cheaper. Amazon usually doesn't participate in credit card cash back. It is usually a pretty limited promotion and not commonly done (at least on our credit cards).

I'll be going back to babycheapskate to track the best weekly deals from now on. with two in dipes, amazon is not going to work out for me at all now.

NJ_Mom2011
01-13-2012, 11:20 AM
ETA, I just hate change and they constantly switch things up. Could they not have put this out at the same time as when they cut the discount in November? I remember how I used to love those promos that they would do when you would get a $30 credit when you would buy $100 in diapers. Those were the days. Then they did S&S. Then they cut the discount on S&S unless you were in Amazon Mom. Then they cut the Amazon Mom discount. Now you only get 5% unless you are in Amazon Mom (and I think joining is still suspended/waitlisted), AND you have paid prime. Before they were just shifting around how the discounts were given. Recently, they just keep cutting and cutting. Certainly it is their right, but I can also choose not to play their game any more, if it is not the cheapest or most convenient option.

:yeahthat: Well said.

mommytoC
01-13-2012, 11:37 AM
My delivery date was the 26th to 28th, with the option of selecting a January shipment. Following PPs suggestion, I changed my delivery date to the 22nd, but now February is my earliest option. I'll try changing the date to the 20th instead, but am hoping that Amazon hasn't caught on to this "one last option" for ordering shipments with our current Amazon Mom discounts.

I really don't mind that Amazon has changed the Amazon Mom program - it's their prerogative, after all...but I am very upset that despite my discount (theoretically) remained valid through January 24th, I can't seem to use it!

elbenn
01-13-2012, 11:44 AM
The fact that Amazon diapers have been cheaper than B&M stores is amazing because a lot of people would pay a premium for the convenience of it. I don't blame them for reducing the discounts but I also can understand why people would change to B&M stores if they are cheaper.

secchick
01-13-2012, 11:56 AM
The fact that Amazon diapers have been cheaper than B&M stores is amazing because a lot of people would pay a premium for the convenience of it. I don't blame them for reducing the discounts but I also can understand why people would change to B&M stores if they are cheaper.

But is it that convenient if you had a subscription and needed to order now and you couldn't click the button to add an extra shipment? If not for here, I probably would not have been able to instantly figure out how to change the date from February to January to get a shipment now. Aside from the prices, I always liked how amazon was easy. Now they are making it less easy and putting up obstacles.

wellyes
01-13-2012, 12:22 PM
But is it that convenient if you had a subscription and needed to order now and you couldn't click the button to add an extra shipment? If not for here, I probably would not have been able to instantly figure out how to change the date from February to January to get a shipment now. Aside from the prices, I always liked how amazon was easy. Now they are making it less easy and putting up obstacles.

I hate going to Target and Costco with kids. Would much rather spend that time at the park or zoo or farm or one of the 10+ museums I can get to supercheap with passes from the library. Recreational shopping is soul-sucking to me. So online shopping at night and free delivery is a true convenience. I would not spend a few hours running errands to save less than $5 on a bulk pack of diapers that will last me a few weeks.

Beth24
01-13-2012, 12:27 PM
I hate going to Target and Costco with kids. Would much rather spend that time at the park or zoo or farm or one of the 10+ museums I can get to supercheap with passes from the library. Recreational shopping is soul-sucking to me. So online shopping at night and free delivery is a true convenience. I would not spend a few hours running errands to save less than $5 on a bulk pack of diapers that will last me a few weeks.

:yeahthat:!

arivecchi
01-13-2012, 12:46 PM
I hate going to Target and Costco with kids. Would much rather spend that time at the park or zoo or farm or one of the 10+ museums I can get to supercheap with passes from the library. Recreational shopping is soul-sucking to me. So online shopping at night and free delivery is a true convenience. I would not spend a few hours running errands to save less than $5 on a bulk pack of diapers that will last me a few weeks. Not only that, but as I mentioned in the other thread, people totally forget about the amount of gas they spend shopping around and the taxes. My mom drives me crazy doing this. She drives for hours to go to some outlet to save money. Huh?

Amazon prices are still pretty good. If you'd rather shop elsewhere, by all means vote with your wallet, but for me, I still don't see how it makes any sense. There is nothing I would rather skip than runs to Costco, Target or whatever other B&M store to get diapers and wipes.

The only B&M store that I frequent is TJs and I would skip that one too if I could shop there online! :ROTFLMAO:

secchick
01-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Don't get me wrong, I don't shop B&M for anything. I only go to the grocery store once/week and that's it. I have a Target 6 blocks away that I go to 4 times/year. I go to Costco every other month or so to stock up on things, and it's not much hassle to throw in a couple boxes of diapers when I am there. I am the last person to go out of my way to a different store to save a few bucks. My kids love Costco, and it is fun to go so they are well behaved. In that case, gas and inconvenience don't figure in to the equation, since I am there anyway. I don't make special trips for anything. I don't have the problem of overbuying random things at B&M and am actually more thoughtful about spending money there than I am at amazon. Heck, I had 169 orders at amazon in 2011. It's not like I am throwing the baby out with the bathwater, but my diaper purchasing habits are probably going to change.

sujathas
01-13-2012, 01:07 PM
I actually have a prime membership, but I'm a family member added onto my sister's account-- and she is listed as the primary prime account holder. And the email I received seems to say that I have to pay for my own prime membership to get the amazon mom benefits. I'm contacting amazon via e-chat to clarify this.

I may just need to go elsewhere for my formula, diapers, and wipes. BabiesrUs is having a sale through Jan 22 for formula-- $5 off when you buy 2 powder formulas. Free shipping if you have shop runner. It came out cheaper for me than my amazon mom/Subscribe and save.

theamazingtrace
01-13-2012, 01:21 PM
I confess that I haven't read all of the previous pages, but when i look at my subscribe and save orders on my account, it still shows that i'm scheduled to receive more diapers at the 30% off price (i.e. 204 Luvs, size 4 for $26.59) in April, June & July. I no longer get free prime, but with the previous amazon mom discount/promotion, would i have received an even deeper discount?

Snow mom
01-13-2012, 02:17 PM
I confess that I haven't read all of the previous pages, but when i look at my subscribe and save orders on my account, it still shows that i'm scheduled to receive more diapers at the 30% off price (i.e. 204 Luvs, size 4 for $26.59) in April, June & July. I no longer get free prime, but with the previous amazon mom discount/promotion, would i have received an even deeper discount?

They are going to change the discount before shipping those orders. You'll get 20% if you are the primary account holder on a prime membership or 5% if you are not.

vtmom
01-13-2012, 03:14 PM
With 3 kids under 3 I definitely do not have time to go to B&M stores to do my shopping. The $79 I will have to pay for Prime when my free year (2nd year actually) ends will be well worth it when I factor in sanity, time and gas money saved. Also, Amazon is a publicly traded company and as such they have a responsibility (and absolutely every right) to maximize profits for their shareholders. However, what I have a HUGE problem with is dishonest business practices. And, I consider that stating (in writing) that a new policy will begin on January 24th and then making it very difficult if not impossible for people to make purchases under their current 30% discount immediately (instead of waiting for the start date) to be dishonest.

kirstie101
01-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the info on changing my subscription so I could get another delivery in January at the full discount.

I had been toying with the idea of paying for prime anyway as my free membership had already run out. The 2 day shipping, kindle lending library and now the amazon mom discount make it worth it to be to pay the $79. I will definitely end up saving more than that in the long run. That being said I do think it was a bit of a bait and switch they pulled. Though I dont like it, I'd only be hurting myself by not getting prime. I know that may not be the case for everyone though.

ang79
01-13-2012, 04:39 PM
I just got shipping notices for my 4 packs of Huggies wipes that I submitted last night, thanks to the PP who figured out how to change to a Jan. shipment! But, if you look at that same order now, it is showing it only at the 20% discount, rather than the 30% that I got it at, are they changing the prices already?