PDA

View Full Version : Circo Train Table - $27 clearance, YMMV

ang79
01-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Picked up a Circo Train Table at Target today for $27, which I thought was a great deal. It was more expensive at one of my stores earlier in the week. We haven't put it together yet though. Does anyone have the Circo table with the 4 slanted storage bins underneath and the reversible top?

poppy
01-13-2012, 03:01 AM
What state did you find it? It appears there are none in my area since last year according to a Target employee. I am wondering if it's worth getting it shipped from out of state.

lisa928
01-13-2012, 07:19 AM
There were a least a dozen in my NNJ store and I bought one last night. I am hoping to use it for puzzles and blocks.

hkriw
01-13-2012, 07:35 AM
I posted on another thread yesterday there were some in Wilmington DE

TwinFoxes
01-13-2012, 07:36 AM
I've been looking for one at our local Targets since Christmas, no luck. :( I'm jealous!

ett
01-13-2012, 08:11 AM
There was one at my Target on Wed. night. We have absolutely no room in our house for it, otherwise I would have got it.

fasthdgirl
01-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Which one were you at in MA?

Melaine
01-13-2012, 08:53 AM
Where are these in the store?

ang79
01-13-2012, 08:56 AM
I bought mine in Lancaster, PA, and there was one left after I got mine. I also saw some in the East York store over the weekend, but they were more expensive (around $45 then maybe?). I'll be at the West York later today and can check and report back.

Getting it shipped might cost an arm and a leg, the box is super heavy and I struggled to get it loaded into my car by myself!

hkriw
01-13-2012, 08:58 AM
stolen from sd

Stock checker for the train table

http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_fiats.jsp?title=fiats&dpci=204-03-0717

lisa928
01-13-2012, 09:05 AM

End cap at the back of the store in the toy department.

ang79
01-13-2012, 09:12 AM
End cap at the back of the store in the toy department.

In both stores that I have seen them so far they have been on a shelf in the toy clearance aisles (there are at least 2 aisles between toys and sports stuff that are marked 50% off toys, though most of the toys were tagged as 75% off).

The store I was at yesterday also had a Circo wooden kitchen set for about the same price, which I was very tempted to get, but then DH probably would have flipped a lid! He was OK with the train table though and the girls are super excited to set it up and get their Thomas trains on it :) I'm hoping this will allow them to play with their trains more, right now they build them on the floor and then end up stepping/tripping over the tracks and knocking everything over, so it doesn't last long and leaves them frustrated.

ett
01-13-2012, 09:33 AM
There was one at my Target on Wed. night. We have absolutely no room in our house for it, otherwise I would have got it.

Framingham.

ett
01-13-2012, 09:34 AM

The one at my Target was in the clearance aisles with the toys.

Melaine
01-13-2012, 09:36 AM
Thanks! The girls are sniffley today so I think we need to stay home but I might sneak out tonight.

Edensmum
01-13-2012, 09:36 AM
Which NNJ store?

lisa928
01-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Which NNJ store?

Wayne, NJ

http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_fiats.jsp?title=fiats&dpci=204-03-0717

clb
01-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Picked up a Circo Train Table at Target today for $27, which I thought was a great deal. It was more expensive at one of my stores earlier in the week. We haven't put it together yet though. Does anyone have the Circo table with the 4 slanted storage bins underneath and the reversible top?

I bought this 3 yrs ago when a similar deal was posted here. It was a great deal! I used two of the slanted bins for board books and two for trains.

It is smaller than the Thomas train table, but hasn't been an issue for us. We have a large collection of track from a friend.

Now that DS is older he prefers to set up tracks on the floor each time he plays with the trains. The table rotates as a play spot for cars and block building.

Mommaof3
01-13-2012, 12:19 PM
So excited, just got the last one at my Target! I called ahead of time and they said they were sold out but I needed to go there anyway and so glad I did! Thankfully my friend was with me to help me put it in the cart. It is soooo heavy!

Melaine
01-13-2012, 12:30 PM
So excited, just got the last one at my Target! I called ahead of time and they said they were sold out but I needed to go there anyway and so glad I did! Thankfully my friend was with me to help me put it in the cart. It is soooo heavy!

Glad you mentioned the weight....guess I will make DH go with me.

ang79
01-13-2012, 02:56 PM
None at the West York Target today but they did have 2 or 3 of the Circo wooden kitchens for $23. I was super bummed that they had none of the winter jackets left in the older girl section. They had a bunch in the Lancaster store yesterday for $14 but of course none in the size that DD1 will need for next winter. Holding out hope to check my other store tonight....

BabyH
01-13-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm on hold with my Target store now. This would be such a great deal! DH and I have been talking about getting a train table and all the train things for DS, and this would just be perfect. The elaborate set up we saw at our local toy store a few nights ago was totaled at $1100! The Thomas the Train table alone was $350!

ETA: Boo. Both CS reps said none are in stock (although online says they are) at either of our stores. But for $27, I think I will go double check!

Choccie
01-13-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm in Los Angeles and picked up 2 yesterday. There were about 10 on the shelf, marked at 50% off but rang up at 75% off. We have the PBK activity table but somehow that's morphed into our coffee table so I'm excited to have something a little smaller we can use for DS to build lego's on and another for his train stuff.

The boxes are VERY heavy - I was lucky to have a nice guy offer to help me load my cart when I was in the aisle else I couldn't have done it. Took me 10 minutes to get them off the bottom of my cart and into my car (then again, I just had surgery a few weeks ago so I'm not the strongest person right now -- but still, these things weigh a tonne!!)

Anyone know when the 50% stuff will go to 75%? I have my eye on one of those jumpy trampoline things in the hopes of saving my furniture from bouncing little feet... just wasn't willing to pay $40 for it yesterday...

LAMom
01-13-2012, 04:08 PM
I'm in Los Angeles and picked up 2 yesterday. There were about 10 on the shelf, marked at 50% off but rang up at 75% off. We have the PBK activity table but somehow that's morphed into our coffee table so I'm excited to have something a little smaller we can use for DS to build lego's on and another for his train stuff.

Which Target in LA?

eac
01-13-2012, 04:37 PM
saw a bunch in malvern pa today

Mommaof3
01-13-2012, 05:09 PM
I went to another store today and was able to get 3 of the accessorie sets, train station, crane set, and bridge set. They were $6.56 each and came with a few trains too!

ang79
01-13-2012, 05:33 PM
I went to another store today and was able to get 3 of the accessorie sets, train station, crane set, and bridge set. They were $6.56 each and came with a few trains too!

Lucky you! I got the crane yesterday, dame price, but my girls would love a bridge or other big accessory pieces. Will check another Target tonight to see if I have any luck, though I didn't see any train stuff there last weekend.

MamaInMarch
01-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Does anyone have the DPCI for it?

essnce629
01-13-2012, 06:23 PM
There was one left at the Target I went to today, but I decided not to get it after seeing it was only 15" tall, which seems really short! DS2 is already 38" tall at 2 1/2 and our Nilo table is 20" tall normally, but we now have the extended legs on it making it 24" tall for DS1 to use as a Lego table. I was afraid it wouldn't get much long term use at just 15" tall.

Tenasparkl
01-13-2012, 06:26 PM
Which Target in LA?

I saw a few in Glendale yesterday.

alien_host
01-13-2012, 06:38 PM
Plainville, MA had at least 6 today around 1PM. It was in the section across from the toy aisle - they have 2-3 aisles of clearance there, near the sporting goods.

I convinced myself that we have no need for it (and we don't).

PAfirsttimemom
01-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Saw two in Allentown, PA, today.

lisa928
01-13-2012, 10:03 PM
We just put ours together tonight and noticed it was made by KidKraft.

Choccie
01-13-2012, 11:12 PM
Which Target in LA?

Sorry - just saw this post now. There were a bunch up at Newbury Park (Thousand Oaks area) and a bunch over at the Simi Target (LA Avenue) a couple of days ago. Since they are marked as 50% off they might still have a few around.

essnce629
01-14-2012, 02:03 AM
So I ended up going back to the Northridge (Balboa Ave.) Target and picking up the train/activity table that I had seen earlier this morning! Figured I could get rid of the changing table in DS2's room and put it there. So even if he just gets a year out of it since it's short, I figured it's worth it for $27. And while I was there I saw a 2nd one. So if anyone else is in LA and looking for one it's standing up on it's side next to all the JumpSmart Trampoline's that are also on clearance. Since it's standing on it's side (thin side) it's easy to miss. It was also still labeled as $55 which is why no one probably bought it yet.

I also got a video gaming chair for DBF/DS1 for just $17 (marked down from $60). They had a bunch of them still. They're the Extreme XRocker video gaming chair.

Melaine
01-14-2012, 09:06 AM
DH refuses to go with me and I can't pick this up even if I can find it. I should have just gone and found someone to help me. Now that he knows my evil plan he has laid down the law about buying train tables when we have an over-crowded house and too many toys and should be saving our money for all the baby purchases that I have already planned to buy.

Mommaof3
01-14-2012, 10:43 AM
I am not concerned about the size either for the price I figured it was worth it!

MamaInMarch
01-14-2012, 07:26 PM
I have never seen another poster from my area, but just in case...

The Charleston, WV Target had none that I could find today.

Mommaof3
01-14-2012, 08:19 PM
We put ours together but soon realized DS ( 17 months) is too young for it so away it goes until he is older! It is really nice though and I am sure will get played with a lot when he is older :)

Choccie
01-15-2012, 02:41 AM
We put ours together today - it's great - much bigger and sturdier than I thought it would be. Even though it's super heavy in the box, once it's assembled it's easy to move to another place in the room. Also love how easy it is to flip the top from white to the pattern (one for lego, one for trains). My DS is 6.5 yrs old and tall for his age but he's been playing away on this table all night building his blocks and spinning ninjago lego :-)