PDA

View Full Version : Gymboree - $6.99 & $3.99 unmarked discounts

California
01-12-2012, 11:54 PM
Stopped by our local Gymboree today, and the saleslady told me that the items in the clearance bins would ring up lower than the marked price-- generally $3.99 for all tops and leggings, and $6.99 for sweaters and pants. Two of the items I brought up ended up not being a part of that sale, but still was able to get several basics for my DDs for $3.99 each. Socks marked as $1.99 were ringing up as $1. Pretty sure this should be nation wide.

They aren't marking the tags with the $3.99 price, and it was pretty obvious to me from talking to her that the prices will go back up when Gymbucks are in effect. So the tops marked $9.99 were a better deal today at $3.99 than they will be next week with a $25 off $50 gymbuck (which would work out to 50% off/$4.99)

Momit
01-13-2012, 12:58 AM
Thanks! I remember the last time they had this sale there were some great deals. 20% coupons in a couple of the magazines this month as well.

mskitty
01-13-2012, 02:45 AM
Stopped by our local Gymboree today, and the saleslady told me that the items in the clearance bins would ring up lower than the marked price-- generally $3.99 for all tops and leggings, and $6.99 for sweaters and pants. Two of the items I brought up ended up not being a part of that sale, but still was able to get several basics for my DDs for $3.99 each. Socks marked as $1.99 were ringing up as $1. Pretty sure this should be nation wide.

They aren't marking the tags with the $3.99 price, and it was pretty obvious to me from talking to her that the prices will go back up when Gymbucks are in effect. So the tops marked $9.99 were a better deal today at $3.99 than they will be next week with a $25 off $50 gymbuck (which would work out to 50% off/$4.99)

:yeahthat:

I bought a bunch tonight with the 20% off coupon: couple of shirts, 2 pants, a halloween costume, a dress, a summer pajama, sunglasses ($1) and sunhats($1) for $38. Great deals if you aren't trying to match collections. Makes it a little easier when it comes home from daycare with stains!!!

I also asked if I could put a few things on hold for gymbuck redemption next week and they said yes :cheerleader1:

mskitty

anonomom
01-13-2012, 08:48 AM
Which collections? Any of the fairy stuff for little girls?

Snow mom
01-13-2012, 09:16 AM
This is for the twice yearly red balloon sale (although they've done other sales in the past year with the same price points.) They don't hard mark the items as the prices are promotional and will go back up whenever RBS ends. The prices are for Fall Trans and older. I wouldn't count on things like "all socks marked x" but pay attention to the line instead. Things get put by customers where they don't belong so being in a bin isn't necessarily a sign either.

MamaInMarch
01-13-2012, 02:28 PM
I agree that I think they will raise the prices again before Gymbuck redemption. And I must say that the new lines on the way are soooo cute! So I am holding my Gymbucks for that anyway! :yay:

happymommyof2
01-13-2012, 03:56 PM
For those that have an outlet nearby, I just went and found alot of the gymmies were marked down to 6.49. I also found a few shirts for 2.49 and 2.99. The entire store was 13.99 or less. The newer lines that weren't marked down were mostly 13.99. They said that the latest lines will be put out on Monday and Tuesday.

babybell
01-13-2012, 09:07 PM
I am tempted by these sales but just hate digging through those bins. It's so unorganized and frustrating!

mom2mack&max
01-14-2012, 12:18 AM
I agree that I think they will raise the prices again before Gymbuck redemption. And I must say that the new lines on the way are soooo cute! So I am holding my Gymbucks for that anyway! :yay:

Where can you see the new lines that are on the way? What are the collection names you like?

Seitvonzu
01-15-2012, 03:11 PM
i'd also like to see the new lines?

Mommy_Mea
01-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I scored some underwear for DS1 for $0.99 each, minus my 20% off coupon. And got the cutest sweatshirt that was part of the unmarked sale, for $6.99! I wish I had more time to dig through everything...

anonomom
01-15-2012, 09:48 PM
The store I went to today was a MESS -- you couldn't even see the bins, because all of the clothes were tossed all over. Many were unfolded and the tags were gone.

Nothing I bought was part of the unmarked sale, either. Sigh. Still, I got a t-shirt for DD1 for $2.39 and two leggings for DD2 for around $4.50 each.

Radosti
01-16-2012, 08:38 AM
I went in yesterday and got 3 pairs of pull on plaid shorts for DS2 for the summer for $3.99 each and the organza hairbows for DD for 99 cents. Nice!