PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Which would you rather have for adult food at kid's party?

randomkid
01-13-2012, 12:52 AM
DD's Chick-Fil-A b-day party is this Saturday. Each kid gets an individual meal, but I want to have some food for the adults as well. The party is 3-5, so not really at meal time - just need something for them to snack on. I thought I would get a tray of nuggets, then a side item tray. Would you rather have:

1) Fruit Salad - Mandarin orange segments, fresh strawberry slices, red and green apple pieces, and red grapes, served chilled with Caramel Dipping Sauce on the side

2) Garden Salad - A fresh blend of Romaine and Iceberg lettuce, with shredded red cabbage and carrots, vine-ripened grape tomatoes, bite-sized broccoli florets and a subtle blend of Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses. Served with butter garlic croutons and customers choice of dressing.

Also, should I have a gallon of tea or lemonade or let parents get their own drinks (in which case they would have to pay for them)? There likely will not be many parents staying for the party, so I don't want to go overboard with food, esp since the party is at an odd time. I chose this time because 11-1 was already booked and it seemed like a better time than earlier or later.

Tondi G
01-13-2012, 12:56 AM
I chose fruit salad .... easier to eat than green salad with dressing. I would get a gallon of Lemonade for the adults too.

crl
01-13-2012, 12:56 AM
I prefer finger food for that kind of setting. So I think the fruit salad is a better choice.

Catherine

buddyleebaby
01-13-2012, 01:01 AM
I voted for garden salad because a) I love it and b) I despise mandarin oranges.

I think a gallon of tea would be a very nice gesture if you are planning on serving the parents food.

ETA: Mandarin oranges segments and strawberry slices does not sound to *me* like something you could eat without a fork anyway.

randomkid
01-13-2012, 01:03 AM
I voted for garden salad because a) I love it and b) I despise mandarin oranges.

I think a gallon of tea would be a very nice gesture if you are planning on serving the parents food.

ETA: Mandarin oranges segments and strawberry slices does not sound to *me* like something you could eat without a fork anyway.

See? This is why I decided to post a poll. I also HATE mandarin oranges and have had this salad. *I* don't like it, but am not sure what others like/don't like. You definitely have to eat it with a fork. I would definitely get the fruit salad if it didn't have those yucky oranges in it.

MMMommy
01-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Fruit salad. It would make a nice, refreshing afternoon snack. Plus, the kids would probably eat the fruit salad too, if there aren't enough adults to eat it.

buddyleebaby
01-13-2012, 01:17 AM
See? This is why I decided to post a poll. I also HATE mandarin oranges and have had this salad. *I* don't like it, but am not sure what others like/don't like. You definitely have to eat it with a fork. I would definitely get the fruit salad if it didn't have those yucky oranges in it.

Well, at least you and I agree. I'll come eat the garden salad. :shrug::rotflmao:

justlearning
01-13-2012, 01:50 AM
My boys LOVE CFA's fruit salad (I do too). So the risk you run with getting that is that some kids may want to eat the fruit salad and/or the parents may offer it to them (even though they'll have their own meals). So it could end up running out sooner/costing you more.

I don't think that kids generally like garden salads as much as fruit, so that would be a safer route IMO if you didn't want to have to worry about telling kids that they can't have what the adults are eating.

crl
01-13-2012, 01:50 AM

I'll defer to you all then. I've never eaten at a Chik-FIL-A in my life so I have no idea what the salad is actually like. Cut up fruit and a dipping sauce sounded like finger food to me. . . . .

Catherine

randomkid
01-13-2012, 02:08 AM
My boys LOVE CFA's fruit salad (I do too). So the risk you run with getting that is that some kids may want to eat the fruit salad and/or the parents may offer it to them (even though they'll have their own meals). So it could end up running out sooner/costing you more.

I don't think that kids generally like garden salads as much as fruit, so that would be a safer route IMO if you didn't want to have to worry about telling kids that they can't have what the adults are eating.

The kids get a full meal and have a choice of fruit or fries. I'm not really thinking about providing a full meal AND fruit to kids in the middle of the afternoon. So, hopefully, if the kids like the fruit, that is what they will get with their meal. I really anticipate that many parents will not stay. I'm almost tempted to not even order food for the adults, but I do feel like I need to have something there JIC. The last party that DD attended at a restaurant was a pizza place. Only a few parents stayed. DD is getting to the age of the "drop off party", I suppose. I'd rather just bring in some snacks, but they don't allow it as they want you to buy their food, of course.

YouAreTheFocus
01-13-2012, 04:03 AM
I voted for the green salad, because holding a plate of nuggets rolling around into fruit salad does not seem appealing. The green salad would be a more appropriate pairing.

And for the record, I think every last can of mandarin oranges should be burned at the stake.

TwinFoxes
01-13-2012, 06:47 AM
Fruit salad. I hate iceberg lettuce. Blech.

SnuggleBuggles
01-13-2012, 08:48 AM
I almost said other- french fries. :)

I'd get the iced tea if unsweetened. It's a blank canvas as far as drinks go. People can add sweetner if they want.

MamaMolly
01-13-2012, 08:58 AM
I'm crazy for CFA's carrot raisin salad. Always have been. So I'm an other. Plus I probably wouldn't eat either of the other two.