PDA

View Full Version : Who else has a snow day today?

hellokitty
01-13-2012, 07:29 AM
I'm dreading this. It's snow day #1 of the yr for us. Last yr we had 9 of them and the kids had to make up 6 days. They are already awake and acting crazy downstairs.

WatchingThemGrow
01-13-2012, 07:34 AM
Oh, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish!!!! We have not seen a single FLAKE yet this season. SO not fun. Yes, it is crazy, but we always seem to make great memories on snow days!!!

I have that Walmart.com BF Lego box waiting in the attic for a snow day!

wendibird22
01-13-2012, 10:13 AM
No snow day for DHs district or the one in which we live but lots of snow days and delayed starts south of us. We have had absolutely zero snow so we went from that to a blizzard. Crazy.

Indianamom2
01-13-2012, 10:25 AM
We do (northern Indiana) and that is rare, especially for our district. In fact, our school district is technically the only one around having school, but because DD goes to a private school, they opted to have some common sense!

We had system snow blow through last night, with lots of wind and drifting and now we're getting lake effect snow through today.

buddyleebaby
01-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Not us. Snow but no snow day, and one DD home sick with a cough.
Pick up should be fun.

KrisM
01-13-2012, 11:01 AM
I would love some snow. Winter is no fun if you can't go outside and play in the snow, go sledding, etc. We've barely had any at all and it's been hard.

Kymberley
01-13-2012, 11:04 AM
We got enough snow to *barely* cover the grass, and they canceled school. It is very cold and windy though. I'm sure the kids are happy to be home, but I don't understand why school is out TBH.

arivecchi
01-13-2012, 11:10 AM
No snow day in the city of Chicago. We got about 6 inches of snow which is not a big deal here.

smilequeen
01-13-2012, 11:19 AM
We had a snow schedule yesterday (school started at 9:30). That's it. We only have 2 inches though...we get snow at least a few times a winter but not usually huge amounts so it seems like a little bit is chaos.

Binkandabee
01-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Thankfully no! We had a dusting of snow night before last, but that's it this winter. Hopefully it stays like that because I just cannot stand the snow.

rlmomto5
01-13-2012, 12:36 PM
We're out, and there isn't any snow. We had a little snow last night. but it's gone now. It was nice not having to get up early though. :)

maestramommy
01-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Wow, YOU guys had a snow day??

We didn't. But all of our border towns did. It was really weird. Our superintendent is pretty conservative, and we were all expecting the 6am call. but nope. I was so relieved!

scrooks
01-13-2012, 03:06 PM
We didnt but we maybe should have. Driving DD to school this morning was a little scary!

wencit
01-13-2012, 03:15 PM
No snow day here, either. Of course, we live in the Boston suburbs, where they don't call snow days unless there's more than a foot of snow predicted to fall. Anything else is, as they say, just a dustin'. ;)

hellokitty
01-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Wow, YOU guys had a snow day??

We didn't. But all of our border towns did. It was really weird. Our superintendent is pretty conservative, and we were all expecting the 6am call. but nope. I was so relieved!

Yeah, we only got a few inches, but it is all ice underneath the drifts. Ppl who have been out on the road say it is pretty bad and just to stay home and we live in a community where everyone basically drives 4x4's.