PDA

View Full Version : If you're wondering which is cheaper Amazon or B&M for dipes

TwinFoxes
01-13-2012, 08:38 AM
The blog Babycheapskate did the math.

http://www.babycheapskate.com/2012/01/12/which-is-cheaper-for-diapers-now-amazon-mom-or-shopping-in-store/

hellokitty
01-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Yeah, luvs diapers are cheaper at sam's club, than through amazon and they even offer free shipping too. I cloth diaper during the daytime, so we don't use a lot of disposables, but I guess I'm not surprised that amazon baited everyone and then pulled back the deals. I honestly did not see much this past xmas that were great amazon deals as the two yrs prior, so I guess I'm not THAT sad that amazon mom isn't that great of a deal anymore.

Melaine
01-13-2012, 09:37 AM
We always stuck with a Target brand so that kept it simple.

anonomom
01-13-2012, 09:50 AM
We buy Luvs at BJs, and without coupons they are on par with Amazon Ship & Save. With coupons, they're 1 or 2 cents a diaper cheaper. That's why I never used my Amazon Mom account.

That said, for as much as we use amazon, prime more than pays for itself.

wellyes
01-13-2012, 10:29 AM
There is still a coupon + S&S for cruisers on amazon, plus free delivery. Still a bargain, especially vs having to pack the kids in the car for errands.

KrystalS
01-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Target is a good deal this week for Huggies. I use Little Movers. They have the big club size boxes for 37.99. If you buy 2 boxes you get a $10 Target GC. There is also a $5 coupon at Target.com. Then I had 2 $3 off peelie coupons from my boxes ordered from Amazon!

So after coupons and gc I got 2 100 count boxes of size 6 for $25 each. I've been paying around $25 for a box of 80 on Amazon so this is a better deal.

arivecchi
01-13-2012, 11:55 AM
The problem with BC's calculation is that it does not take into account:

- taxes
- gas
- time value & hassle factor

emily
01-13-2012, 12:00 PM

- taxes
- gas
- time value of money & hassle factor

:yeahthat: It's been soooo nice not to have to buy dipes at B&M stores for the past year and have it delivered to my front door. If I happen to be in the store and it's a deal, I'll pick some up but otherwise, I will gladly pay a few extra bucks not to have to pack the kids in the car to get dipes. I hadn't even thought about taxes. In our case, it probably evens out since our sales tax is 8%.

Beth24
01-13-2012, 12:08 PM
There is still a coupon + S&S for cruisers on amazon, plus free delivery. Still a bargain, especially vs having to pack the kids in the car for errands.

:yeahthat:

- taxes
- gas

:yeahthat:

:yeahthat: It's been soooo nice not to have to buy dipes at B&M stores for the past year and have it delivered to my front door. If I happen to be in the store and it's a deal, I'll pick some up but otherwise, I will gladly pay a few extra bucks not to have to pack the kids in the car to get dipes. I hadn't even thought about taxes. In our case, it probably evens out since our sales tax is 8%.

:yeahthat: When you consider the convenience factor, Amazon is the winner for me, hands down. I also feel that by staying out of the stores I spend much less bc I'm not always disciplined enough to buy only what I need. :p

GvilleGirl
01-13-2012, 12:41 PM

- taxes
- gas

Or impulse purchases. How many times have I heard that people complain they can't leave Target without spending $100.

TwinFoxes
01-13-2012, 12:45 PM
Or impulse purchases. How many times have I heard that people complain they can't leave Target without spending $100.

Haha! So true. We are past the diaper stage, but I'm sure I'd still order from Amazon. They were a lifesaver when DDs were young and a Target run was a major production. I probably would have paid extra!

arivecchi
01-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Totally! That's why I don't go to Costo. It was a major $$ suck for us and most of it was stuff we did not intend to purchase going in.

mjrwe
01-13-2012, 01:52 PM
I think amazon just lured us all in to drive down diapers.com's market share in order to purchase diapers.com.

I have to pay tax on amazon purchases so to me it will even out I'm sure.

indigo99
01-13-2012, 02:18 PM
I have to pay tax on amazon purchases so to me it will even out I'm sure.

Our governor went back on a previous deal with amazon saying that they wouldn't make them collect taxes if they opened a site in the state. It'll start in 2014 so I get one more year. That extra 10% makes a big difference.