PDA

View Full Version : Babies/Toys R Us Rewards

jellibeans
01-13-2012, 09:33 AM
I got mine this morning. I have 2 $5 and 1 $6. Can they be combined or do they send them separately on purpose?

lchang25000
01-13-2012, 09:43 AM
Look at the valid dates on top. If they're all valid during the same period, the you should be able to use them together.

jvs195
01-13-2012, 03:03 PM
Yes they must have made a mistake this time since all 3 of mine are valid during the same time AND valid during the same time as my last one in the batch I got a few weeks ago. I'm sure there will be issues at checkout...

KrisM
01-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Yes they must have made a mistake this time since all 3 of mine are valid during the same time AND valid during the same time as my last one in the batch I got a few weeks ago. I'm sure there will be issues at checkout...

The first batch I got had $15 that expires today and $12 good 1/14 - 1/28. The batch I got today is good until 1/28. I hope I can use today's and the $12 together and that it wasn't a mistake. I'm happy I have a decent amount to spend and can do it all at once!

MomtoNico
01-13-2012, 06:13 PM
I used mine together the other day. I had a 5 off of 25- from the bday club- then I used teh rewards. I used it on the lego deal- buy 50 get 10 off. Figured it was a good idea since Legos dont go on sale that much. Got presents for the gift closet since my DS friends always ask for legos.

BDKmom
01-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Almost forgot to use mine today! Luckily they could scan them from my phone. Got some super cute little girl clothes, my first purchase for the coming baby!

lorinick
01-13-2012, 09:46 PM
deleted....

KrystalS
01-13-2012, 10:08 PM
You may only use 4 dollar amount ones at the same time.

I used 2 $6 ones at the same time. I don't think there are restrictions other than they must be used during the dates listed. I had 2 that expired today and I have 2 more that start tomorrow.

lorinick
01-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Deleted...

KrisM
01-13-2012, 10:53 PM
You can only use 4 5.00 ones at one time. 20.00 off. I do know ones ended today and new ones start tomorrow. Some people get alot of 5.00 and 6.00 dollar ones. That is why there is a four at a time limit. All stores should be following.

Where do you see that? I'm looking at the terms. I plan on using 6 of them together and would like to know if this is an actual rule or just a store-by-store rule.

Terms: https://rewardsrus.toysrus.com/TermsAndConditions.cfm

KrystalS
01-13-2012, 10:55 PM
You can only use 4 5.00 ones at one time. 20.00 off. I do know ones ended today and new ones start tomorrow. Some people get alot of 5.00 and 6.00 dollar ones. That is why there is a four at a time limit. All stores should be following.

Sorry I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you meant only 2 $4 coupons could be used together.

Choccie
01-13-2012, 11:16 PM
I got $5 emailed to me a couple of days ago - expiring today. So I run in there tonight on the way home (hauling my 6 month old etc) to pick up a Ninjago spinner for my DS and was bummed to see they are $14.99 there. Not sure how they do their pricing, these things are only $9.99 at Target :-(

lorinick
01-13-2012, 11:41 PM
Deleted......

KrisM
01-14-2012, 12:05 AM
work for the company.

Good to know. But, is it published somewhere? How is a customer supposed to know if it's not part of the terms, not on the coupon and they don't happen to be on BBB reading this thread? :)

Rainbows&Roses
01-14-2012, 12:14 AM
I got $5 emailed to me a couple of days ago - expiring today. So I run in there tonight on the way home (hauling my 6 month old etc) to pick up a Ninjago spinner for my DS and was bummed to see they are $14.99 there. Not sure how they do their pricing, these things are only $9.99 at Target :-(

Their mark-ups are ridiculous. The lego friends convertible was $20.99 and it is it $14.99 at Target. I am so mad I used my rewards at TRUS on it to make it exactly the same price at Target. I also don't like the fact you have so little time to use rewards from when you get them at I don't get to TRUS very often. I think I am done with them.

lorinick
01-14-2012, 12:20 AM
deleted...................

soupmom
01-14-2012, 12:29 AM
Oh does TRU drive me crazy. It's been a while since a earned rewards, so I assumed that the rewards would be mailed as usual. Long story short, I looked on line tonight to find $22 in rewards that expired today. After 3 calls to customer service, I was finally able to use $15 of the $22 by placing 3 separate battery orders online with free shipping through shoprunner. $7 and 3 hours of valuable time down the drain. TRU has the worst customer service!

ett
01-14-2012, 12:51 AM
Their mark-ups are ridiculous. The lego friends convertible was $20.99 and it is it $14.99 at Target. I am so mad I used my rewards at TRUS on it to make it exactly the same price at Target. I also don't like the fact you have so little time to use rewards from when you get them at I don't get to TRUS very often. I think I am done with them.

Almost all the Lego sets are marked up at TRU. The Friends line has been out for less than 2 weeks and it's marked up already.

Rainbows&Roses
01-14-2012, 02:25 AM
Almost all the Lego sets are marked up at TRU. The Friends line has been out for less than 2 weeks and it's marked up already.

Yes I know and I usually check/remember prices but this time forgot and figured a $1 or $2 mark-up on the car since it was a relatively low price item. I think the $70 Friends house is only marked up $10 over Target. I know they run promos so they mark stuff up to account for that, but the friends stuff was not even included in the promo this past week.

veronica
01-14-2012, 08:47 AM
I finally was able to use them for something good! I got 20 jars of earths best baby food for $10 (I thought this was a great promo) and the advent pacifiers were buy 2 get one pack free at 5.99. So, got all of that for $2.xx after my $20 rewards. Can't beat free baby food for the twins.

I just wish I didn't have to drive an hour to my store but i had 5 other errands to do up there so it was a necessary evil!

daisymommy
01-14-2012, 09:45 AM
I shop at BRU alot, use my rewards card, but have never earned any rewards that I know of. That just now dawned on me. Duh!
So do you get these by mail? Or do I need to look it up online or something?
Now I'm feeling irritated that I've been missing out for a long time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

veronica
01-14-2012, 10:00 AM
I shop at BRU alot, use my rewards card, but have never earned any rewards that I know of. That just now dawned on me. Duh!

if you have your email attached, sometimes there is an email. they used to "mail" them and you would actually receive them in paper. Now, you have to register your account and print them online. The last set , had a code to use online and the ones out this month are in-store only. they seem to make it as hard as possible to remember to use them.

It's super annoying because you have to work maximizing them. I didn't even get to use the ones from my shower in the spring because I couldn't get to the store! This time, I refused to let them expire!

take your membership number and register it online and you should see all of your purchases from each quarter since you became a member!!!!

KrisM
01-14-2012, 11:06 AM

https://rewardsrus.toysrus.com/index.cfm

That's the website to use. They're only online. I get them by email sometimes, but either miss it or don't get it other times.

They're hard to use. Different dates that they're good, different amounts, and the higher prices at TRU. I get a bunch as TRU has good sales in Nov and Dec, but it's really hard to find things in Jan., I think. Plus, the shelves at my store are still super picked over. If you have some, think of a few things you might want before you get there.

alien_host
01-14-2012, 01:30 PM
I have never had a problem combining coupons into one purchase, but the most I've used is probably 2 or 3 at a time.

I do like that you can scan them from your phone.

The TRU markup is really awful. The Friends line was marked up within 7 days of release! Fortunately I went the second or third day the rewards were valid and got Olivia's tree house for $17.99, less my rewards, so I actually made out on that one. Now it is over MSRP. Over the summer things were all at MSRP (except Star Wars, it seemed) and then they marked up for the holidays. :(

I know these rewards are kind of like free money, but it irritates me that I have to use the reward just to get it down to MSRP. Not to mention that right now my TRU is pretty empty. The LEGO aisle is pretty empty and there isn't much else there that I really want to buy....

I have $8 to spend before the end of the month. I hope there is a decent sale or maybe they get the Series 6 minifigures before these expire.

It is just a very frustrating program!

azzeps
01-14-2012, 03:54 PM
I've never felt very "rewarded" by their program!!!

KrisM
01-14-2012, 05:01 PM
I did a return today. I asked about using coupons together and specifically asked if I could use all 6 that I had. She said that normally there are only 4 valid at a time, but since I have 6 that expire 1/28/12, I would be able to use them. She couldn't find anything that said they limit it to 4, other than normally not issuing more than 4 at once.

I didn't spend them. I know what I want, but I'm hoping for a sale before 1/28 :).

connor_mommy
01-14-2012, 07:44 PM
I did a return today. I asked about using coupons together and specifically asked if I could use all 6 that I had. She said that normally there are only 4 valid at a time, but since I have 6 that expire 1/28/12, I would be able to use them. She couldn't find anything that said they limit it to 4, other than normally not issuing more than 4 at once.

I didn't spend them. I know what I want, but I'm hoping for a sale before 1/28 :).

I had 2 that started today and another 4 that will expire on the 28th. I used them all today. And it was fine.