PDA

View Full Version : Frye Veronica slouch question

C&C's mom
01-13-2012, 10:02 AM
I think I am gonna take the plunge and order a pair. Does anyone know if they are true to size? I am an 8 or 8.5. Also I don't know if I need the extended calf or not. My calfs are borderline wide. I can fit some regular shaft boots and then sometimes I need a little larger shaft but I have never bought a true wide shaft boot. 6pm.com has Veronica slouch boots on sale in 3 colors. I want to order today so I would appreciate some of you awesome frye experts input. Thanks!

khalloc
01-13-2012, 10:54 AM
I am eying these too. I am hoping to get them for my birthday next month. But I am going to just order extended calf. I wish 6pm had those! I would order them now! My calves are wide. I have 2 other pairs of Fryes. One is a Paige tall Riding which JUST fits. No way I would wear them with jeans I dont think. And I have a pair of Betty Inside zip and those just barely zip with alot of help. So when I take the plunge on the Veronicas I will just go to wide calf.

What color will you get? I am torn between black and dark brown.

lcarlson90
01-13-2012, 12:18 PM
I have these boots and I love them. I am always a 6.5 but I ordered a 7 mainly because I thought it might add a little extra room in the calf. The 7's fit fine especially since I normally wear them with thicker socks.

If most regular tall boots fit you I don't think I would get the extended calf. I have the extended calf and they are great but I have big calves. I have never been able to fit in to any other tall boot I have tried on and I can wear these with jeans tucked in so I think they could be too big for you.

KathyN115
01-13-2012, 01:04 PM
I think I am the only person in the world who doesn't like these boots! I am usually an 8.5 and ordered them in a 9 ( super cheap from Sundance a few years ago). They look awesome, don't get me wrong. But the foot was way too big, and it was sooooooooo soooooooooo hard to even get my foot into them. I kept them and tried over and over, with thin socks (but then the foot was wayyyyyy too big), thick socks to make the foot fit better (but the impossible to get on), etc. I have average calves, and could fit jeans in without any problem. I have a bunch of other Frye boots that I really like, these just didn't work for me. I would definitely buy from somewhere with a good return policy.

Good Luck!!!!!

C&C's mom
01-13-2012, 02:26 PM
I am eying these too. I am hoping to get them for my birthday next month. But I am going to just order extended calf. I wish 6pm had those! I would order them now! My calves are wide. I have 2 other pairs of Fryes. One is a Paige tall Riding which JUST fits. No way I would wear them with jeans I dont think. And I have a pair of Betty Inside zip and those just barely zip with alot of help. So when I take the plunge on the Veronicas I will just go to wide calf.

What color will you get? I am torn between black and dark brown.

Well I want brown, but i need black! So I am torn too! Do you think the black look to motorcycle momma. I wonder if I could pull it off?

C&C's mom
01-13-2012, 02:27 PM
I think I am the only person in the world who doesn't like these boots! I am usually an 8.5 and ordered them in a 9 ( super cheap from Sundance a few years ago). They look awesome, don't get me wrong. But the foot was way too big, and it was sooooooooo soooooooooo hard to even get my foot into them. I kept them and tried over and over, with thin socks (but then the foot was wayyyyyy too big), thick socks to make the foot fit better (but the impossible to get on), etc. I have average calves, and could fit jeans in without any problem. I have a bunch of other Frye boots that I really like, these just didn't work for me. I would definitely buy from somewhere with a good return policy.

Good Luck!!!!!

Which other frye boots do you have?

khalloc
01-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Well I want brown, but i need black! So I am torn too! Do you think the black look to motorcycle momma. I wonder if I could pull it off?

Have you seen them in person? I tend to buy black leather only because I need something black (or already have something similar in brown). But brown leather always feels softer. I like both. I havent seen them in person though, so I guess that would be what would seal the deal for me. I think I am thinking black though. I kind of want the motorcycle mamma look. I bet if i saw them both i would choose brown because the leather is probably softer... But I think I will order black first.

C&C's mom
01-13-2012, 04:03 PM
I am still torn. I think that I might need the wide calf. I bought the uggs tall boots a couple weeks ago and couldn't get them on my calfs, But some boots I can. Maybe I will order them from 6pm and I can always return them. They are such a good deal right now.

KathyN115
01-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Which other frye boots do you have?

I have a pair of Harness boots in a gray color, which is a great color and goes with everything. They are very comfortable and more versatile than I thought.

http://www.endless.com/dp/B001814SFI/ref=asc_df_B001814SFI1860623?tag=googlecom09c9_end less-20&creative=395033&linkCode=asn&creativeASIN=B001814SFI

These are also a great color and very comfy, they go with black and brown equally well (i actually have these without the detail stitching, but in this color, the style is maxine campus):

http://www.endless.com/FRYE-Womens-Maxine-Stitch-Pull/dp/B001VNBJSM

And then I am trying to break in a pair of black engineers:

http://www.endless.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_9/188-1132440-5230768/?onsale=&showDesigner=&node=241745011&keywords=frye+engineer+12r&sprefix=frye+engi#__ie%3DUTF8%26cAsin%3DB0013EU98U %26fromPage%3Dsearch%26sr%3D1-2%26qid%3D1326559918733%26asinTitle%3DFRYE~~20Engi neer~~2012R~~20Boot%26contextTitle%3Dsearch~~20res ults%26clientPageSize%3D100%26node%3D241745011%26s ort%3Drelevance-fs-rank%26keywords%3Dfrye%2Bengineer%2B12r%26asin%3DB 0013EVG3C%26ref%3Dsr_1_2%26pageCode%3Dd

To me, these are all more comfortable than the veronicas. But I bought these all in my correct size, which I am sure helped :). The veronicas were beautiful boots though. I had them in a slate gray color which was very similar to the boots above (yes, I have a problem). I got them for a great deal on Sundance.com (for like $110) a few years ago, so definitely check there.

ETA: I find the tall Ugg boots tight on my calves, but had no problems tucking jeans in with the regular width veronicas.

khalloc
01-19-2012, 10:41 AM
Did you purchase them yet?

I tried on a pair of regular Veronica Slouch the other day and I couldnt get my foot in them. But I have wide feet and it took me awhile to get my Paige's to the point where it wasnt a 5 minute struggle to get my foot in there. Then I realized I was trying the boot on my left foot where I have an achilles injury and my ankle is swollen. in any case, I am going to order the wide calf version I think.

C&C's mom
01-20-2012, 01:47 PM
No i still haven't bought them. Was thinking of ordering today. Still don't know which to get, wide calf or not.

khalloc
01-22-2012, 02:04 PM
I ordered mine in wide calf from Amazon. they are actually from shoes.com, but on Amazon they let you uses a coupon code for $25 off. Shoes.com excluded Veronica style from all coupon codes I could find. I should get them this week. I'll let you know!

khalloc
01-25-2012, 09:48 PM
Got mine today. Love them!!!!! Glad I got the wide calf. They fit great.

C&C's mom
01-26-2012, 05:31 PM
I did order the regular ones from 6pm that were on sale. They fit my calves. I am surprised. But I haven't tried them on with jeans tucked in. Also I ordered a 8.5. I am usually 8.5 or 8. They seem a little big, but for the price I will have to deal with it.

khalloc
01-27-2012, 11:14 AM
Nice! Did you get dark brown? I got the black. Love them! But I have to wait to break them out on my birthday and say they were a present from my mom or DH will kill me. LOL! They are tucked away for now...

I ordered a 7.5 and they fit great. No problems even getting them on, which is amazing. I have wide feet. I thought about ordering an 8 for that reason and I am glad I didnt.