PDA

View Full Version : Anyone live in St Louis?

flashy09
01-13-2012, 12:37 PM
I hope this isn't too off topic. Husband wants to trailer a pony to a show in St Louis from Kentucky. What are the roads like in St Louis or if anyone lives near 1-64 east of St Louis that would be helpful too!

k_null81
01-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Hi, I'm in Saint Louis...I live about 25 minutes from STL city and work maybe 5-10 from the actual city and the roads weren't bad this morning...I take highway 55 and back roads to get to my office. I think it will be fine...just take your time because though the roads are pretty clean it's still pretty cold and I'm sure black ice is a potential still.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
01-13-2012, 04:38 PM
he should be ok after today it's supposed to warm up. I haven't been out on the highways in a few days since the kids have all been sick. It took dh 1 1/2 hours to get to work yesterday and normally takes 40 min.

There were several accidents but again that's yesterday.If you're really concerned some of the area news channels have websites with highway conditions listed on them or he might have luck on MODOT's website.

smilequeen
01-13-2012, 04:51 PM
I am assuming you mean following the snow? They are fine by now. They were bad right after the snow. MODOT dropped the ball on that one. However, I-64 east of St. Louis is Illinois, so I'm not as familiar. I'm close to I-64 but way to the west in St. Louis county.

jerigirl
01-13-2012, 06:10 PM
My parents live in Il, east of STL. My dad says that 64 is clear. No problems.
http://wrc.gettingaroundillinois.com/pages/wrc.htm

ditty
01-15-2012, 05:37 AM
I also live in West County and everything out here is fine. My dad's office in is Illinois, just East of downtown St. Louis and he said everything over there is fine too. I think it's supposed to be in the 40s today (Sunday) so you should be in good shape.