PDA

View Full Version : Can PB website items be returned in store?

amldaley
01-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Their return policy on website only mentions returns by mail...can items from their online store be returned to a brick and mortar? Just trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on some sale items.....

AnnieW625
01-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Call the store, but I believe unless it is registry item (I think this was the case in 2006) you have to return via mail. Also often a lot if their on sale stuff is not returnsble.

amldaley
01-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Call the store, but I believe unless it is registry item (I think this was the case in 2006) you have to return via mail. Also often a lot if their on sale stuff is not returnsble.

Baahh. That's what I was worried about! I really want these picture frames but am worried they will arrive and feel "cheap" or be all scratched up.

Thanks for the info!

katydid1971
01-13-2012, 04:15 PM
I was told it depends on the store, some will take returns and some won't. I don't understand it but its the case. I ordered some hooks that were catalog only a couple years ago and was really disappointed in how they looked when they came but my store took them back. I guess what manager is on duty makes a difference too.

boolady
01-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Interesting. It seems to me that they should have a set policy, not that it's up to the whim of the store manager.

amldaley
01-13-2012, 04:21 PM
I was told it depends on the store, some will take returns and some won't. I don't understand it but its the case. I ordered some hooks that were catalog only a couple years ago and was really disappointed in how they looked when they came but my store took them back. I guess what manager is on duty makes a difference too.

Thanks! I went ahead and bought these http://www.potterybarn.com/products/chalkboard-wood-gallery-frames/?catalogId=17&bnrid=3380801&cm_ven=Google%20Base&cm_cat=Shopping&cm_pla=Feed&cm_ite=Google%20Base-702191

and these shams...
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/pierre-stripe-duvet-cover-sham/

If the frames are crappy, I will "chalk" it up as defective and point my pregnant belly at them and maybe cry a little to get a refund in store :wink2: