PDA

View Full Version : Proud moments

elephantmeg
01-13-2012, 09:35 PM
DS will be 6 in Feb and is in K. I've been working with him on reading this week for about 10 min a day. On wed I went and got some easy readers including a Dick and Jane book. We've been working on a variety of things but he's been really resistant etc. Today he made it through 12 pages of Dick and Jane on his own (granted about 6 words, lol) and is so proud of himself! I feel like he might just be getting this reading thing!

mctlaw
01-13-2012, 09:47 PM
That's wonderful! My son is nearly the same age and about on the same "track," it sounds like! We have been doing the "Now I'm Reading" series and he's about to start his last book on level 1. Yay for your DS!

Indianamom2
01-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Yay! :cheerleader1:

Your son's progress track sounds very similar to DD's, even down to reading success with Dick and Jane books. I thought she would never read, but now in first grade, she's at the top of her class in reading.

There's hope and you have every right to be very proud...that's a huge accomplishment!

Uno-Mom
01-14-2012, 02:20 AM
Nice! Celebrate your shared pride.
I didn't know Dick and Jane were still around...what are those kids up to these days? How's Spot? :)