PDA

View Full Version : My right pinkie won't stop shaking

kristenk
01-14-2012, 12:04 AM
This is driving my batty. My right pinkie won't stop shaking when I try to straighten it/raise it. It was fine earlier in the evening, but I just finished outlining and tracing some letters for a poster and noticed that it was going crazy when I started typing.

Then I started focusing on the shaking and worrying about the shaking, so I don't think that did anything to calm it down! Of course, now that I've written this out, it doesn't seem quite as bad, which is reassuring.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I will obviously go to the doctor after the weekend if it doesn't settle down, but I'd really like to hear some reassuring words right now, if possible!

Oh, and I'm on cold meds, but I've been taking them for several days now, so nothing new there.

mylilmol
01-14-2012, 12:08 AM
So I say take a hot bath and try to relax....A hot bath is my remedy for all most everything :love5:

janine
01-14-2012, 01:07 AM
is it really shaking or just tremoring slightly? If anyone holds a finger out it and tries to keep it perfectly still, it will appear to move a bit, and especially if you concentrate on it too much. It could be a reaction to caffeine, meds, stress too. I once had this and obsessed and was convinced I had Parkinsons or something awful (thanks to googling too much), but then got distracted and forgot about it and lo and behold it stopped. I would say if it continues to bother you for an extended period, make an appt and see if it disappears before the appt arrives. I'm sure it's fine!! If you've been outlining/tracing for awhile it probably is just stiff and reacting to that.

jerigirl
01-14-2012, 02:02 AM
Do you think it is just muscle fatigue?

spannaz
01-14-2012, 02:23 AM
Do you think it is just muscle fatigue?

:yeahthat:

It sounds like a twitching muscle. Try drinking a couple glasses of water. As I understand, when you're dehydrated muscles can start to twitch/ spasm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk