PDA

View Full Version : I need to buy three seats, so Britax is out...

JoyNChrist
01-14-2012, 10:51 AM
I just realized that the Boulevards we moved the twins into are going to expire in a couple months (one was DS1's old seat and the other was a hand-me-down from a relative). I also need to purchase another seat for DS1 because I'm tired of switching the Nautilus we have from vehicle to vehicle (preferably harnessed that can convert to a booster). Here's the details:

- I drive a VW Routan minivan
- My kids are TALL. Like off the charts, crazy tall. Even the twins, who were preemies.
- We rear-face as long as possible (DS1 outgrew this by height way before weight).
- Since I'm buying three seats, cost is important. I'd love to get DS1 a Fronteir and get Marathons/Boulevards for the babies, but I can't afford that.
- We like the Nautilus we have for DS1, so I wouldn't mind getting another if there's nothing else I should look at.
- Cute prints are a plus. ;)

legaleagle
01-14-2012, 12:06 PM
True fits for the babies - pretty easy to find for under 150, sometimes more like 100.

Multimama
01-14-2012, 02:02 PM
One of the boy Nautilus prints should go on sale at Target starting tomorrow for $125.

I like the Graco My Ride a lot and you can often find good deals on it. The shell is the same height as the old-style MA/Boulevard and taller than the current MA/Boulevard so not bad at all.

Simon
01-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Someone posted a few days ago that Target had a girl print Marathon for under $100 after Red Card and some kind of ebates, or something.

Would a Diono (Radian) be worth it because you could use it for so long, plus its narrow in case you ever really needed to do a 3-across?

o_mom
01-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Target has a girly Roundabout 50 for $109, you could get two and buy a cover off the car-seat.org swap (looks like $30-50 for a cover depending on what you get - probably cheaper than Britax)

Graco MyRide is a good seat that has many cover options.

If you like the Nautilus, then get another - it's not a bad seat at all.

Multimama
01-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Target has a girly Roundabout 50 for $109, you could get two and buy a cover off the car-seat.org swap (looks like $30-50 for a cover depending on what you get - probably cheaper than Britax)

Oh yeah, that Roundabout cover is so cute. And the Roundabout 50 is basically the same as the old-style Marathon so if you liked the old Britax seats you'll like it.

JoyNChrist
01-14-2012, 05:49 PM

Graco MyRide is a good seat that has many cover options.

If you like the Nautilus, then get another - it's not a bad seat at all.

This right here is why I love this board. Snagged two of the Roundabouts in the Kathryn print. Thanks!!

catsnkid
01-15-2012, 01:20 PM
This right here is why I love this board. Snagged two of the Roundabouts in the Kathryn print. Thanks!!

Yup, I got a similar deal on a hint from this board too. Great deals!!!