PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Help! Dog poo in carpet

BabyDahl
01-14-2012, 01:41 PM
We had ouir carpets cleaned yesterday and OF COURSE last night the dog decides to leave us runny poo in 2 spots. AGHHH! So, I've looked online and read to use Oxiclean on the spots. Has anyone done this? I don't want to ruin the carpet. TIA!

amandabea
01-14-2012, 01:55 PM
I would saturate the area with Natures Miracle. It works wonders!

veronica
01-14-2012, 01:56 PM
:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

Pear
01-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Nature's Miracle. I'm not sure I would trust oxyclean on the carpet.

BabyDahl
01-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks everyone for the recs. I sent DH off to Petco to get some Nature's Miracle cleaner. I tried to scoop up as much of it as possible (not an easy task given the liquidy nature) then found that she had vomited on the microfiber couch. *Sigh* At least that was easy to clean up.

Will the Nature's Micracle take away the stink? It isn't a pleasant aroma at the moment... this is just such bad timing since the carpet was cleaned yesterday. Seriously, dog? You couldn't do this 24 hours ago BEFORE the carpet was cleaned???

amandabea
01-14-2012, 02:19 PM
Thanks everyone for the recs. I sent DH off to Petco to get some Nature's Miracle cleaner. I tried to scoop up as much of it as possible (not an easy task given the liquidy nature) then found that she had vomited on the microfiber couch. *Sigh* At least that was easy to clean up.

Will the Nature's Micracle take away the stink? It isn't a pleasant aroma at the moment... this is just such bad timing since the carpet was cleaned yesterday. Seriously, dog? You couldn't do this 24 hours ago BEFORE the carpet was cleaned???

Yes, the NM will eliminate the stink. Just spray it on and let it work. Ive never had the type of incident you are descibing though, so you may want/need to treat it twice. Our DD recently vomitted on our leather sofa. I thought we had done a good job cleaning it up, but a day or two later I noticed that I could still smell it. We sprayed NM all over the sofa, down into the arm and back one night and by morning it was dry and did not smell.

mackmama
01-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Oh dear - nice timing, doggy! Clean up the mess with warm water and Nature's Miracle and a towel. Then spray some more Nature's Miracle so it's damp but not saturated (you don't want to get the rug padding wet underneath the carpet, or it could mold.) Then lay down several sheets of paper towel and lay some heavy books on top. Wait 24 hours, remove paper towels and books. This routine has cleaned up every animal accident for us for years. HTH!

twowhat?
01-14-2012, 03:19 PM

Another :yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

Totally BTDT, with several PILES of watery diarrhea from a sick dog that happened sometime during the workday and wasn't discovered until late in the evening (poor thing did it in the guest bedroom and tried to hide it - it is the ONLY accident she has ever had).

Here's what I did:

With a plastic bag over your hand and paper towel, scrape up as much of the mess from the carpet as you can. This is gross, but really try to squeeze out/blot out as much as you can.

SOAK it in Nature's Miracle. I mean, like pour the NM on (spraying isn't as effective when you're dealing with watery diarrhea). I hope you got the gallon jug. Squish to really work it into the carpet and pad underneath.

Let it sit for several hours. Even overnight.

Sop up with paper towels, and repeat the scraping strategy over the still-stained spots. Repeat with another soaking of Nature's Miracle and let sit a few hours.

Then this time, SCRUB. With a brush. The NM will foam. Scrub as deeply as you can. Then scrape up as much of the foam as you can with paper towels/plastic bags.

Then sop up any remaining moisture with paper towels. Let dry. Repeat if still stained.

This TOTALLY got out every last stain of diarrhea in our carpet. The smell was totally killed too.

Good luck:)

BabyDahl
01-14-2012, 05:10 PM
I hope you got the gallon jug.

Nope, sadly we are now proud owners of a half empty 24 oz spray bottle. But it's soaking now, hopefully the enzymes are eating away all the poo. Thanks everyone for your quick help! Fingers crossed that this works....

alexsmommy
01-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Nope, sadly we are now proud owners of a half empty 24 oz spray bottle. But it's soaking now, hopefully the enzymes are eating away all the poo. Thanks everyone for your quick help! Fingers crossed that this works....

DH and I agree, we need at least TWO gallon jugs on hand and we don't even have pets. DH was converted after DS3 decided to let loose with a loose bowel movement right after DH took his diaper off for a bath. That stuff is miraculous.

Also great on vomit.

I hope it takes care of it.

ssjarrett
01-14-2012, 07:01 PM
I've been really happy with the Capture carpet cleaner system as well. They sell it at Lowe's and Home Depot in a kit. There is a pre-treat spray (have a pet version too--not sure how different it is), then you shake a powder on it and then brush it in and leave it until dry. Then you vacuum it all up. Two rounds of this got up a horrible vomit stain (child) on very light carpet. Also have used it for a pet accident as well. Good luck!