PDA

View Full Version : Robotic floor cleaner

lhafer
01-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Does anyone have this robotic floor cleaner? Evolution Robotics Mint Automatic Hard Floor Cleaner, 4200 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00408PCEW/ref=s9_simh_gw_p201_d0_g201_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0D ER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0MT104KM7BYW1G1WQ5S9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846)

If so how do you like it? It seems to get really good reviews. I have 95% tile and hard wood floors in my house - I need all the help I can get because I HATE mopping and floors are constantly gross.

fauve01
01-14-2012, 07:55 PM
I have it. After wanting it for months, I splurged last spring. I love it! I also HATE scrubbing and mopping; ick. this thing works great for my mostly tile and hardwood floors (downstairs in a 2500 total sqft house). i probably use it once a month. no pets. I vacuum first then turn it on. it's pretty quick. i only use it when i am home. I would totally buy it again.

my good friend's mom has it too, and she loves it as well. she uses hers ALL the time because she has pets. ETA, she bought hers at BBB with the 20% off coupon. i got mine at amazon.

hth,
anne

lhafer
01-15-2012, 02:51 AM
This is good to know. I could either buy it from Amazon or Bed Bath and Beyond with a coupon for about the same price.

I have mostly tile in my home - only the dining room and study have hard wood, and the study has throw rugs.

Do you mop, like full out mop every once in a while and use this as an inbetween treatment on the floors, or do you solely rely on this to mop your floors? This would be great for me, as I mop my floors like once every 6 months because of how long it takes me! I've considered hiring a housekeeper just for cleaning my floors!

cntrymoon2
01-15-2012, 03:58 AM
I don't have it, but i wanted to chime in to say DEFINITELY buy it at BBB. We had a Roomba Scooba (similar idea) that we like until it died after a year or two. I was so grateful we had bought it at Costco and got our money back. I think the technology on these robotic cleaners is new enough that you should anticipate the possibility of a future return.

fauve01
01-15-2012, 11:19 PM
This is good to know. I could either buy it from Amazon or Bed Bath and Beyond with a coupon for about the same price.

I have mostly tile in my home - only the dining room and study have hard wood, and the study has throw rugs.

Do you mop, like full out mop every once in a while and use this as an inbetween treatment on the floors, or do you solely rely on this to mop your floors? This would be great for me, as I mop my floors like once every 6 months because of how long it takes me! I've considered hiring a housekeeper just for cleaning my floors!

I just use this. Before i got it, I hardly ever mopped. :bag So my floors are now cleaner then they ever were, but probably not as good as if you did it on your hands and knees...

SnuggleBuggles
01-15-2012, 11:24 PM
We have a Roomba and killed it by leaving it off the charger accidentally (it got nudged and taken off the charger by like a centimeter). So sad. :( It was kind of annoying though b/c it needed to be emptied often and hair got wound around the brushes. Maintaining it was just work.

lhafer
01-16-2012, 08:25 AM
I just use this. Before i got it, I hardly ever mopped. :bag So my floors are now cleaner then they ever were, but probably not as good as if you did it on your hands and knees...

Good to hear because I have never and will never get on my hands and knees to clean a floor (in general...I will do that for spot cleanings). I rarely mop now, so anything will be better than not doing, right?! I have a regular mop and a steam cleaner. Neither one gets used but a few times a year! I do sweep and vacuum...but I find it takes me FOREVER to mop my house. By the time I sweep all the tile and wood floors, and the mop the tile, and use bona on the floors, it literally takes about 4 hours just to clean floors that get dirty again in less than 10 minutes.